Windows 10: Few probelms after following bad advice

Discus and support Few probelms after following bad advice in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I needed more space in C: and found about 50GB in C:\windows\Users'Win7. My system was upgraded from Win 7 and I wondered if this folder was something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by James1093, Oct 4, 2016.

1. James1093 Win User

Few probelms after following bad advice

I needed more space in C: and found about 50GB in C:\windows\Users'Win7. My system was upgraded from Win 7 and I wondered if this folder was something ex-Win7 I didn't need anymore. I went onto MS Support chat and they said Yes. But it removed most of the files on my Desktop. I'm resigned to losing them, but now find I cannot search and the Windows logo
    does nothing when I click it. Can anyone help me get this back?

I think I had a quick launch toolbar too, that's gone as well.

Thanks for any help.

:)

James1093, Oct 4, 2016
  2. petaqui Win User

808 Pureview FP2 browser problems

Hi guys!

Just to talk about the browser of the 808... I have tons of probelms with it. It has improved a lot! But for example, HTML5 works bad Few probelms after following bad advice :( html5.grooveshark.com doesn't work, could nokia repair it or not? Because it isn't the only site that works bad

Thanks

petaqui, Oct 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Security updates

Thanks for the advice NOT, it cost me $160.00 to have things set right after following your advice, AND my computer is still doing the same thing. So I suggest that a Microsoft Engineer (if there is such a thing) get off his bum and deliver an up date
    that will work on version 1511.

I am not happy with the cost this has incurred or the bad advice!

PhilSpencer_287, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Few probelms after following bad advice

1. Few probelms after following bad advice - Similar Threads - Few probelms following

2. Update probelm

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update probelm: When I try to install the 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems update. I get the Error 0x8007000d. I run the troubleshooter and it says: IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates IsPostback: False WaaSMedicService Issue found by...
  3. Desktop Probelms

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Probelms: I have seen today that first in the morning, I transferred a file via Bluetooth from my phone to laptop. Then, again right now, I received an image via Bluetooth from my phone. But, during both the cases, I saw that my files were not appearing on the desktop even though the...
  4. onedrive, probelms

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive, probelms: I have Cloud white/Grey at bottom right with a red circle with white cross in it. It says problem with sync issues,no access permissions to item????. What does this mean and how do i fix it????. Ive tried everything,freed up space ect,,,. What do i have to do to this??....
  5. Battery still not detected after following DaveM121's advice exactly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery still not detected after following DaveM121's advice exactly.: Have Dell Latititude E7240 12.5" laptop, 128Gb SSD, 8Gb RAM, Win 10 H 64bit with battery problems. The battery is not charging, the chargers 2 both work well enough to run the machine from mains power but the Win10 display tells me 'No battery is detected'. I tried...
  6. Mouse probelms

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mouse probelms: When I click my mouse it goes to fast, It advances and skips pages 2 to 3 at a time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-probelms/23eac0ba-e6a7-4217-9627-d12b0fa92617"
  7. Advice following SSD upgrade

Advice following SSD upgrade: I have a rather basic question and would be very grateful for any advice. I've recently installed an SSD to replacing my hard drive on a machine that I put together myself a few years ago and then completed a fresh install of Windows 10. Do I need to re-install the the...
  8. Printer Probelm

Printer Probelm: Hi. I was wondering why my printer in in the unspecified section in the control panel app and not the printer section. Now I cant use it to print. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-probelm/b160f0f9-3c45-4ad9-9a9d-9a7c93fb4520
  9. Seeking advice, bad performance after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seeking advice, bad performance after updating: A couple of days ago my system did an automatic update (which I have hopefully found a work around to prevent). Ever since it rebooted from the update there has been a noticeable drop in performance. When I boot up it takes longer for the login screen to come in, after...
  10. A few good advices before and after upgrade!

in Windows 10 Support
    A few good advices before and after upgrade!: A few good advices before upgrading: Uninstall your current antivirus, as it can cause you to start with black screen just after you have upgraded. Uninstall all programs you don’t need, and If your on a Thinkpad then uninstall all Lenovo software but make a list of it first...