Windows 10: few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode

Discus and support few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First of all thanks for the excellent guide. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html I have a few questions regarding the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by badjouras, Sep 22, 2015.

1. badjouras Win User

few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode

First of all thanks for the excellent guide.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

I have a few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode:

I read in a couple of websites that for the installation and boot to be in "full" UEFI mode the option CSM must be disabled, can someone confirm this?

I have a GeForce GTX 460 which does not have the necessary GOP feature to have a UEFI boot, can i turn on the CSM option for a Legacy boot despite having Windows 10 installed in UEFI mode?

Can i format (in GPT mode) and partion my hard drive prior to the Windows 10 setup? Would i still need to delete all partions in the Windows setup to get the 4 partitions necessary for the UEFI installation? Or will they automatically appear since the hard drive was previously formated in GTP mode?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad english.

:)

badjouras, Sep 22, 2015

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 UEFI mode

So I need to upgrade my windows to the newest Creators Update but my Windows is installed in BIOS mode. I'm going to change it to UEFI mode but I have some questions before.

I have 2 disks, an SSD and an HDD. My windows is installed on my SSD. If I were to re-install Windows 10 in UEFI mode, can I unplug my HDD and set it aside, install Windows to my SSD, and re-plug my HDD in and use all the data on it? Or do I need to wipe both
    drives to install Windows UEFI mode cleanly?

***Thread moved to the appropriate Windows Topic by moderator.***

DylanKuehn9, Sep 22, 2015
  3. globrif Win User
    Converting from bios (legacy) to uefi - How?

Hi

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro (went from Win7 to Win8 Pro to Win8.1 pro) and Arch linux, using Grub2 as bootloader.

I'm running in legacy mode tho my PC supports UEFI, and I have secure boot disabled.

I intend to upgrade to Windows 10 and will be retaining Arch Linux.

I am happy to reinstall Arch once WIndows is in UEFI mode, so if Arch gets wiped in the process of upgrading it is not a problem.

My questions:

1. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 AND convert to UEFI mode at the same time? is this set out anywhere?

2. or must I upgrade in legacy mode first, and then reinstall WIndows 10 from an installation ISO having enabled UEFI on my motherboard.

(I am assuming the re-install would be like 8.1 where one deletes all the existing partitions and lets WIndows set up the UEFI partition structure).

Thank you

firbolg

globrif, Sep 22, 2015
  4. few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode

Need some Clarification....
    1. The OS you are updating from (7 or 8.1)
    2. The Current Boot (UEFI secure boot On/Off or Legacy)
    3. Sata Operation mode in BIOS (AHCI or anything else)

If running win8 or 8.1, no changes are needed to be made in BIOS while updating
    If running 7 thing go a bot trickier..

manish9009, Sep 22, 2015
  5. badjouras Win User
    To answer your questions
    1. Windows 7 64 bits
    2. Legacy
    3. AHCI

badjouras, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode

1. few questions regarding the Windows 10 installation in UEFI mode - Similar Threads - few questions regarding

2. Fresh Windows Install regarding question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows Install regarding question.: In my laptop win11 is already install in HDD, I will install one SSD and use as Dual Storage Configuration. In that SSD I want to fresh install Win11, in this process will I loose my data in HDD, if I do not remove the HDD from Laptop during fresh Windows install?...
  3. Fresh Windows Install regarding question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows Install regarding question.: In my laptop win11 is already install in HDD, I will install one SSD and use as Dual Storage Configuration. In that SSD I want to fresh install Win11, in this process will I loose my data in HDD, if I do not remove the HDD from Laptop during fresh Windows install?...
  4. i have a few questions regarding windows 10 and windows 11?

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a few questions regarding windows 10 and windows 11?: Hi, i have already enabled tpm 2.0 and enabled secure boot state. but i notice in system information it says: "unsupported"? am i missing a file or something? as for group policy editor. do i have that? i have nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti. amd ryzen 7 1800x eight core...
  5. Problems with installing Windows 10 in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with installing Windows 10 in UEFI mode: Hi! I've been using this guide to install Windows, but my PC can't detect USB in UEFI mode, only in Legacy. What should I do? I've already tried rewriting the USB. submitted by /u/namiiniuk [link] [comments]...
  6. Question regarding Windows 10 clean install!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question regarding Windows 10 clean install!: Hi all, I was wondering whether Windows 10 installs any hardware related drivers of its own at any point during a clean installation. A while back I did a clean install on my wife's Surface Pro 6 and saved a system image using Macrium Reflect as soon as it was done, without...
  7. question regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question regarding windows 10: Is there any App (preferably free) that will work with Windows 10 that can create photo collages.?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-regarding-windows-10/6413a3cf-7b66-4c46-9ae8-4fcae635c385
  8. Install Windows 10 in Uefi Mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 in Uefi Mode.: I am wondering if I can install windows 10 creator's update on my new hp laptop, I have it on usb, in uefi mode. The reason I ask is that my older laptop, also an hp did not allow me to install via eufi, but in legacy only. I think it has something to do with oem windows...
  9. Windows 10 UEFI Installation Questions

Windows 10 UEFI Installation Questions: Hi people, I have some problem with installation Windows 10 UEFI on Samsung 850 EVO SSD. Actually I installed everything only my problem is because I could boot only if in BIOS is set option with Windows Boot Manager P1 Windows Boot Manager Samsung 850 EVO P1 Samsung...
  10. The first of a few questions regarding installing W10.

The first of a few questions regarding installing W10.: What needs completed: Remove Ubuntu 16.0.4 Install W10. Reinstall Ubuntu dual boot. First problem: Can not get into bios to change settings to boot from W10 DVD. The reason is, the HP logo comes and goes to fast. Any ideas on solving this? To be continued ater...