Windows 10: FF - Classic Theme Restorer may be dead by the end of 2017

Discus and support FF - Classic Theme Restorer may be dead by the end of 2017 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It looks like Mozilla have resumed their quest to make Firefox totally irrelevant. Mozilla announced a couple of days ago that it plans to make... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lehnerus2000, Nov 26, 2016.

1. FF - Classic Theme Restorer may be dead by the end of 2017

It looks like Mozilla have resumed their quest to make Firefox totally irrelevant.
    gHacks
    http://www.ghacks.net/2016/11/26/cla...he-end-of-2017
    Soon there won't be even a single usable browser left.
    The latest Pale Moon (27) is horrible on my PC (takes at least 10 seconds to load).
    God only know how long it would take if you tried to run it from a HDD.

Seems like Google has "won the Internet" and everyone will be forced to use the abomination that is Chrome. *Sad

:)

lehnerus2000, Nov 26, 2016
  2. Holy_Geek Win User

THEMES FOR WINDOWS 10

Will windows 10 have color schemes and themes like "windows classic" for low end PC's for better performance? Or can it be switchable to other themes?

Holy_Geek, Nov 26, 2016
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Classic Windows Look in WIN10

You can't. MS has cut out Classic and Basic themes altogether on Win10.

The remaining Personalisation and Theme options are very limited overall.

[EDIT: Maybe I had it wrong in thinking your are after the old Win7 basic or Classic as below.

If I misunderstood, you may appreciate the pretty picture "Themes" in the link left by Johann. ]

Example of Window Classic

FF - Classic Theme Restorer may be dead by the end of 2017 [​IMG]

BossDweeb, Nov 26, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

FF - Classic Theme Restorer may be dead by the end of 2017

It took no more than 2 seconds (HDD) for Pale Moon (27) to start. It is still a work in progress, limping along because of the lack of prioritized support from the addon community. Mozilla and Firefox with the larger user base get first dibs.

We'll just have to move the goalposts on Google's inevitable browser conquest.

pyramid10, Nov 26, 2016
  5. It turns out that add-on compatibility issues caused the long start up time.

My PM now starts in ~2 seconds. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Dec 3, 2016
  6. elbmek Win User
    As far as I am concerned FF can die right now. The browser refused to close, open in background. I had to sign out and back in again to open it.

elbmek, Dec 11, 2016
  7. Hi:

This thread pertains to CTR, a particular Fx extension, and changes coming to Fx programming (rather than to trouble-shooting).

Having said that, most Fx performance problems originate in the user's profile, not in the program itself.
    There are myriad reasons for this (e.g. extensions -- old, conflicting, broken; settings/configuration/preferences; hardware/networking problems; global plug-ins; accumulated temp files; security software conflicts; even malware; etc.).

There are several well-written, well-organized tutorials that detail diagnostics and troubleshooting steps.
    They range from purely "debugging" (such as Mozilla Safe Mode), to creating a new profile, to wiping out everything and starting from scratch (rarely necessary).

I suggest starting here:

Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems

HTH

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

FF - Classic Theme Restorer may be dead by the end of 2017

1. FF - Classic Theme Restorer may be dead by the end of 2017 - Similar Threads - Classic Theme Restorer

2. Window server 2016 classic theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window server 2016 classic theme: Hi All,Would like to ask how to get the classic theme for window server 2016? my current selection is as pic below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-server-2016-classic-theme/2342dd7a-723d-40b5-abdf-b7326da8d424
  3. Window server 2016 classic theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window server 2016 classic theme: Hi All,Would like to ask how to get the classic theme for window server 2016? my current selection is as pic below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-server-2016-classic-theme/2342dd7a-723d-40b5-abdf-b7326da8d424
  4. Windows Classic Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Classic Theme: Can you bring back the windows classic theme for windows 10? it would be cool to use the classic theme in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-classic-theme/17947d76-1f56-4052-b1a2-e954cea260e6
  5. I am at a dead end

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am at a dead end: Hello to everyone and I hope that you are doing well I happen to have an old system with the following specs: CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: Geforce 9600 GT RAM: 2GB DDR2 800Mhz MOBO: Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L PSU: A very cheap one This system used to work as it should. Then, one...
  6. Classic theme in Windows 10?

Classic theme in Windows 10?: Sometimes when I open a website in Google Chrome, suddenly it lagged, stopped, and then somehow, for less than 2 seconds, the Window Border UI looked like Windows 7 Basic visual style. I liked it. How to bring it back withoutadditional software???...
  7. windows classic theme

windows classic theme: how can i switch my windows 10 theme to a classic theme , also i don't see "adjust for best performance" under folder option are these options removed are transferred somewhere else win windows 10...
  8. Firefox with Classic Theme

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox with Classic Theme: Firefox with Classic Theme Classic Theme Restorer was developed as a direct response to Mozilla refreshing Firefox with the Australis theme release in Firefox 29. Someone called Aris developed the "Classic Theme Restorer for Firefox". Unfortunately "Classic Theme Restorer”...
  9. Windows 10 - classic theme

Windows 10 - classic theme: Hi, I use Windows 7 and would like to upgrade to Windows 10, but in Windows 10 there is no gray classic theme known from Windows 98, which is still supported on Windows 7. I found some tutorials how to do it on Windows 8 and 10, but none of those were functional. Is there any...
  10. Classic Windows Theme

Classic Windows Theme: Is there any way to get the Classic Theme for WinX? I right clicked the desktop and looked under personalize for themes but all I found was high contrast themes. 16137