Windows 10: Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time

Discus and support Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Strange to me that after upgrading to a blistering fast fiber line with ATT , with tested download speeds around 150mbps, the actual time a page loads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by guitz, Jun 14, 2018.

1. guitz Win User

Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time

Strange to me that after upgrading to a blistering fast fiber line with ATT , with tested download speeds around 150mbps, the actual time a page loads is STILL as slow as it was before I upgraded (and am paying more for) faster internet....I've double checked settings in my gateway ATT router and also tried loading pages in both Edge browswer and Chrome and Firebox....all same results...Even big sites, with supposedly fast, multiple servers like cnn.com or yahoo. com, there is the same annoying 3-7 second delay before the page actually loads that I got when I only had 3 meg download service. Running latest version of Windows 10 pro 64 bit....It is very disappointing that the speed isn't any faster to load...ATT could only confirm what my test shows , that 150 meg download speed is what I'm getting, and said anything past that must be my setup....Only thing I can think of, though I don't how to confirm it, is I built my pc part by part about 6 years ago and the motherboard was several years old before windows 10 came out, but was a highly regarded at the time, ASUS board...Any ideas?

:)

guitz, Jun 14, 2018
  2. michael Win User

Router with Fiber channel port for internet connection at home

Hi Guys,

My internet provider is ready to provide me internet through fiber channel as his internet providing(racks,switches) setup room is just 10 meters away from my home.

-Would you suggest me some routers of some equipment which can satisfy my fiber internet setup at home with WiFi facility?

-is there any adapter I can use to connect to PC(motherboard)?

-Will it be more expensive?

Thanks
    Michael.

michael, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time

Show off your internet speed!

Here is mine, fiber to the door.

Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time [​IMG]

Indianatone, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time

1. Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time - Similar Threads - Fiber speed internet

2. Speeding up OneDrive uploads on fast fiber internet connections Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speeding up OneDrive uploads on fast fiber internet connections Win 11: Does the procedure in WindowsReport where you do a gpedit.msc, User Configuration, create new policy call it Net Limit per WindowsReport, set Specify Outbound Throttle Rate: to 1/3 of your normal upload rate.You can select KBps or MBpsSeems when you go back into that, it...
  3. Speeding up OneDrive uploads on fast fiber internet connections Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speeding up OneDrive uploads on fast fiber internet connections Win 11: Does the procedure in WindowsReport where you do a gpedit.msc, User Configuration, create new policy call it Net Limit per WindowsReport, set Specify Outbound Throttle Rate: to 1/3 of your normal upload rate.You can select KBps or MBpsSeems when you go back into that, it...
  4. Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone: I changed internet providers and set up my new Virgin hub yesterday, we are supposed to get 200mbps which we are getting on our phones but both mine and my boyfriends PCs are only maxing less than 40mbps internet speed. We have checked for spyware and such, updated our...
  5. Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone: I changed internet providers and set up my new Virgin hub yesterday, we are supposed to get 200mbps which we are getting on our phones but both mine and my boyfriends PCs are only maxing less than 40mbps internet speed. We have checked for spyware and such, updated our...
  6. Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Slow upload speed with Windows 10 with Fiber Connection

Slow upload speed with Windows 10 with Fiber Connection: If I run Linux from a flash drive, I get the correct speeds. 900+ up and down. In windows my upload stays around 40 when the download speed is 900+. Any thoughts would be appreciated! BTW, I'm using an ethernet connection. Not Wi-Fi....
  8. Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber

Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber: I recently bought a hp Pavilion x360 about a month ago. Everything has been working fine accept my laptop has issues with google fiber at my apartment. But the weird thing is that when i go to my family's home and use their google fiber WiFi, it works great. My apartment WiFi...
  9. 1GB fiber internet speed cut 90%, but ONLY on my PC...??

1GB fiber internet speed cut 90%, but ONLY on my PC...??: I had a fiber internet 1GB connection installed about 20 months ago. Its been working like a dream, with a 5GHz router I can stream anything without buffering even on WiFi. My SpeedTest.net speeds have been 950/down and 250/up like clockwork since the day I got the service....
  10. Fiber speed internet, same time to load webpage!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fiber speed internet, same time to load webpage!: Strange to me that after upgrading to a blistering fast fiber line with ATT , with tested download speeds around 150mbps, the actual time a page loads is STILL as slow as it was before I upgraded (and am paying more for) faster internet....I've double checked settings in my...