Fiber speed internet, same time to load webpage!

Discus and support Fiber speed internet, same time to load webpage! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Strange to me that after upgrading to a blistering fast fiber line with ATT , with tested download speeds around 150mbps, the actual time a page loads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by guitz, Jun 14, 2018 at 7:42 AM.

1. guitz Win User

Strange to me that after upgrading to a blistering fast fiber line with ATT , with tested download speeds around 150mbps, the actual time a page loads is STILL as slow as it was before I upgraded (and am paying more for) faster internet....I've double checked settings in my gateway ATT router and also tried loading pages in both Edge browswer and Chrome and Firebox....all same results...Even big sites, with supposedly fast, multiple servers like cnn.com or yahoo. com, there is the same annoying 3-7 second delay before the page actually loads that I got when I only had 3 meg download service. Running latest version of Windows 10 pro 64 bit....It is very disappointing that the speed isn't any faster to load...ATT could only confirm what my test shows , that 150 meg download speed is what I'm getting, and said anything past that must be my setup....Only thing I can think of, though I don't how to confirm it, is I built my pc part by part about 6 years ago and the motherboard was several years old before windows 10 came out, but was a highly regarded at the time, ASUS board...Any ideas?

:)

2. michael Win User

Router with Fiber channel port for internet connection at home

Hi Guys,

My internet provider is ready to provide me internet through fiber channel as his internet providing(racks,switches) setup room is just 10 meters away from my home.

-Would you suggest me some routers of some equipment which can satisfy my fiber internet setup at home with WiFi facility?

-is there any adapter I can use to connect to PC(motherboard)?

-Will it be more expensive?

Thanks
    Michael.

3. Anup Karkal Win User
    Webpages not loading on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused regarding the webpages as you are not able to open them. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Are you getting any error code or error message while you are opening webpages?

2. Is this issue specific to any particular browser?

3. Are you able to open the webpages in Inprivate mode?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Edge or IE using InPrivate browser option and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps to open Edge or IE using
    InPrivate browser option.

Open the IE and press Shift + Ctrl + P

OR

1. Open the Edge, then click on more options (...)

2. Click on New InPrivate window.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reset the settings on the Microsoft Edge web browser to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Steps to Reset Edge:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

I suggest you to try opening the websites with Add-ons on and check if it helps. Refer the steps provided to enable Add-ons on Internet Explorer 11 in the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Reply us with more information to assist you better.

4. kimkl Win User

Paris Orange Fiber to the home

Well my Speeds are always within 10kb difference

[​IMG]

Fiber Optic Rules, just wish it was Global so we would have no slow Web page loading

Thema:

Fiber speed internet, same time to load webpage! - Similar Threads - Fiber speed internet

1. Extremely low network speed problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely low network speed problem: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My Internet speed is very low. I've had a very reliable and knowledgeable COX cable senior technician to my home for almost two full days. The signal coming into my home is a little over 100 Mbps. However, only three feet from the router, it drops...
  2. Where can I find the specific driver I want to restore internet speed?

Where can I find the specific driver I want to restore internet speed?: We have 2 laptops with the same specifications as shown in my profile (Dell Inspiron). We recently had an issue with very slow internet, and having had the problem before I was able to fix it on one laptop by changing a setting on the Dell Wireless network adapter...
  3. Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time

Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time: Strange to me that after upgrading to a blistering fast fiber line with ATT , with tested download speeds around 150mbps, the actual time a page loads is STILL as slow as it was before I upgraded (and am paying more for) faster internet....I've double checked settings in my...
  4. Looking For Advice on Fiber Install

Looking For Advice on Fiber Install: Hi folks, This Saturday, I'm getting UVerse 1000 laid in at my house. It will actually drop my AT&T bill by $20. I'm assuming that they provide the home router and other needed equipment, but I was wondering if there is anything I should upgrade. My PC has a gigabit...
  5. Internet Speed Question / Request for Opinions

Internet Speed Question / Request for Opinions: I'll try to keep this brief and fairly concise (contrary to most everything else I post!)... I just changed "real" jobs and am now working from home. My new employer requires a Broadband downstream minimum of 10 mbps and minimum upstream of the same--10 mbps. My service was...
  6. Scroll speed difference

Scroll speed difference: Hope this is in the correct forum. On my laptop (i3, 12Gb, ssd) In MS Edge when srolling using the mouse the speed is fine. If I use the up/down arrows it's much slower. The hardware is Synaptecs Touchpad 7.5, HID keyboard device and i have the repeat speed set to short. It...
  7. Google Fiber's fast? Nokia to show off tech that's 1,000 times faster

Google Fiber's fast? Nokia to show off tech that's 1,000 times faster: Researchers will this week demonstrate a newly-refined data-transmission technique that can deliver one terabit per second (Tbps) over an optical fiber. Nokia Bell Labs, Deutsche Telekom T-Labs and the Technical University of Munich will be showing off how a technique...
Fiber speed internet, same time to load webpage! solved