Windows 10: Fighting security problems since going to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Fighting security problems since going to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes when I go to install a program, EVEN run a progroam, I get access denied errors or similar. A program I've had installed for a few weeks,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hooked, Jun 4, 2016.

1. hooked Win User

Fighting security problems since going to Windows 10 Pro

Sometimes when I go to install a program, EVEN run a progroam, I get access denied errors or similar.
    A program I've had installed for a few weeks, and have run many times gave me an access error on a file 3 layers deep in the Program Data folder.
    I was the first user on the system, and I'm in the Admin group. That program I just mentioned gave me same error when I trieds Run as Administrator.
    I've changed some security settings and added myself to key folders. I'm sure I shouldn't do that, but it's the only way I can run some things.
    Windows 10 seems pretty stupid about security. If I'm in Admin group, and Administrator or Administrator group has all permissions, why shouldn't I?
    It's making me grumpy. *Mad

I'm attaching an example of Process explorer (sure most of you are familiar with it) running from Admin login and running from my login. On my login, this has concerned me for some time, it shows Access Denied and/or Error opening on several processes.
    If there is an error opening a process that Windows thinks is necessary, I feel it's likely to cause problems. And for an error to occur out of the blue on a program I installed weeks ago...

If there was a way to clean the slate on all security settings and start fresh, that's what I would try.
    There is one thing I'll mention. I heard somewhere that you should NEVER enable the built in Admin Account. Well that's fine and dandy, but it's been the only way I could function on many occassions. But if there is something to that, it has not had an impact on my laptop. It's not given me any security problems, at least not since the upgrade to the current build.

Help, Gurus. I'm getting really frustrated with security issues.

:)

hooked, Jun 4, 2016
  2. JNygrenMN Win User

How to eliminate duplicate files in DriverStore on Windows 10 wasting gigabytes of space?

Thank you for the advice. I looked at DriverStore Explorer ... too scary! (What is RAPR?!) Since the Anniversary update, and those that followed, I've got too many things that don't work, and my attempts to find all the right drivers has been mostly unsuccessful.
    I just don't have the energy to fight with Windows anymore. No matter how much customers complain, it is obvious that Microsoft is not going to fix any of the existing problems. If I want my computer to work again, it will be with Ubuntu or Windows 7 Pro.

JNygrenMN, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Birger62 Win User
    Sound Problems since going to Windows 10

I have allmost the same problem. There was no problem with recording in windows 7. But after upgrading to windows 10:

I have tried all the methods, but nothing helps. First I thought it was my external soundcard so I changed to Fireface UFX, but the same problem. Playback is ok and I can test it in the device. I can see that sound card is functioning. I can see the recording
    source in the windows device, but I cannot test it.

Birger62, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

Fighting security problems since going to Windows 10 Pro

1. Fighting security problems since going to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Fighting security problems

2. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!: Over the past 2 years I have been plagued with problems caused by W10 Updates which fail and tie up the PC for hours while changes are undone - why can't the system check to ensure that it is going to be possible to complete the update before it starts I am sure there will be...
  3. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!: Over the past 2 years I have been plagued with problems caused by W10 Updates which fail and tie up the PC for hours while changes are undone - why can't the system check to ensure that it is going to be possible to complete the update before it starts I am sure there will be...
  4. Windows 10 fighting with Windows Defender!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem since windows 10 update

Problem since windows 10 update: Have several hundred video files with extension .mts and codec H264. My Pinnacle s/w cannot access these since yesterday! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-since-windows-10-update/789fc918-c955-4f3f-9389-04ac42b1cb0c
  6. OneDrive doesn't want to go without a fight

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive doesn't want to go without a fight: So, I was trying to unlink my computer from one drive. Once I did I saw that it was taking a while to do so; infact I think its still trying to unlink as I am typing. When I hover over the onedrive icon at the bottom right of my screen it says "OneDrive Personal Signing out"...
  7. OneDrive doesn't want to go without a fight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive doesn't want to go without a fight: So, I was trying to unlink my computer from one drive. Once I did I saw that it was taking a while to do so; infact I think its still trying to unlink as I am typing. When I hover over the onedrive icon at the bottom right of my screen it says "OneDrive Personal Signing out"...
  8. OneDrive doesn't want to go without a fight

9. How secure and private is windows 10 pro since the KB4551762 update for windows 10 pro...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How secure and private is windows 10 pro since the KB4551762 update for windows 10 pro...: Hello, My computer automatically installed the KB4551762 update on March 19th which was the patch released to repair a security bug that it accidentally disclosed during the release of its March 2020 patch. I also use AVG VPN. I don't know if I am being unreasonable but I...
  10. windows 10 fights with me on dropdowns and scrolling

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 fights with me on dropdowns and scrolling: Since I installed Windows 10 I have been having these issues on and off. when I try to click on a drop down to access the choices i am unable to when I scroll on a window it scrolls back up as I try to scroll down, When trying to access things like the the system menus to...