Windows 10: Fightstick controller suddenly stops working in Windows10

Discus and support Fightstick controller suddenly stops working in Windows10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Streetfighter X Tekken Arcade Fightstick Pro by Madcatz. It's an officially licensed Xbox360 controller for fighting games. It's even listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by N3ILSP3X, Jul 12, 2018.

1. N3ILSP3X Win User

Fightstick controller suddenly stops working in Windows10

I have a Streetfighter X Tekken Arcade Fightstick Pro by Madcatz. It's an officially licensed Xbox360 controller for fighting games.

It's even listed here as fully supported in windows 10 and was working until recently.

https://support.xbox.com/en-SG/games/game-titles/killer-instinct-windows-10-fight-stick-support

I have KillerInstinct for W10 and found that recently only the down input from the stick is registering, no left, right or up.

I tested the controller in my old xbox360 and it works perfectly there so there is no hardware fault.

I tried older drivers etc and removing hardware etc.

Windows10 still recognises it like it always did, as Madcatz fighstick neo and all the buttons still work just up/left/ right aren't registering.

I think it happened during a recent update. I've been using the stick on my PC for well over a year without issues.

Annoyingly I have over £500 worth of games I can no longer play and a stick that cost over £100 that technically still works. Only Windows 10 is refusing to see the joystick inputs apart from Down.

Can anyone help?

Edit: Just found out through control panel that the stick registers down and also it registers down+left (diagonally down left) but not left on it's own which is very strange. There are 4 switches in the joystick and to register a diagonal clearly shows that the Left switch does indeed function when held in combination with the Down switch. I'm so confused.

:)

N3ILSP3X, Jul 12, 2018
  2. N3ILSP3X Win User

I have a Streetfighter X Tekken Arcade Fightstick Pro by Madcatz. It's an officially licensed Xbox360 controller for fighting games.

It's even listed here as fully supported in windows 10 and was working until recently.

https://support.xbox.com/en-SG/games/game-titles/killer-instinct-windows-10-fight-stick-support

I have KillerInstinct for W10 and found that recently only the down input from the stick is registering, no left, right or up.

I tested the controller in my old xbox360 and it works perfectly there so there is no hardware fault.

I tried older drivers etc and removing hardware etc.

Windows10 still recognises it like it always did, as Madcatz fighstick neo and all the buttons still work just up/left/ right aren't registering.

I think it happened during a recent update. I've been using the stick on my PC for well over a year without issues.

Annoyingly I have over £500 worth of games I can no longer play and a stick that cost over £100 that technically still works. Only Windows 10 is refusing to see the joystick inputs apart from Down.

Can anyone help?

Edit: Just found out through control panel that the stick registers down and also it registers down+left (diagonally down left) but not left on it's own which is very strange. There are 4 switches in the joystick and to register a diagonal clearly shows
    that the Left switch does indeed function when held in combination with the Down switch. I'm so confused.

N3ILSP3X, Oct 21, 2018
  3. N3ILSP3X Win User

I've tried that several times, unfortunately the problem persists.

I've also tried different manufacturer drivers but cant seem to find a madcatz one that works with this stick or even any older xbox 360 controller for windows drivers that work.

I'm kinda stuck.

Even though microsoft's own list of verified and tested sticks includes mine and it's been working fine for over a year and still functions properly on my xbox means it must be an update problem.

The new update to windows 10 is just not letting me use a simple fully licensed game controller for some reason. Can I undo the update?

N3ILSP3X, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. Installing the driver with the
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
    should automatically detect and fix some of the most common issues. I would suggest suggest that you go to the section, Using Compatibility Mode to Resolve Driver problems, in this

Forum Article
    that was provided by Andre Da Costa, and check if it helps.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Fightstick controller suddenly stops working in Windows10 - Similar Threads - Fightstick controller suddenly

2. My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working: HelloA couple of days ago I felt like playing a game when I suddenly noticed that my controller wasn't really working. The controller itself lights up as It usually does but I couldn't use the controller in-game. If you press the xbox logo on the controller, It usually sends...
  3. My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working: HelloA couple of days ago I felt like playing a game when I suddenly noticed that my controller wasn't really working. The controller itself lights up as It usually does but I couldn't use the controller in-game. If you press the xbox logo on the controller, It usually sends...
  4. Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V suddenly stopped working: Hello!I have been having this issue for the past month and a half. I recently upgraded my CPU and with it my motherboard to an ASUS ROG Strix B550-F for AMD. I immediately started having issues with this controller so I decided to format my C drive and install windows from...
  5. Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V suddenly stopped working: Hello!I have been having this issue for the past month and a half. I recently upgraded my CPU and with it my motherboard to an ASUS ROG Strix B550-F for AMD. I immediately started having issues with this controller so I decided to format my C drive and install windows from...
  6. Controller stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller stopped working: Hey everyone!I have a problem with controller.Its a generic controller and it was working fine and dandy when i got it....After some time it simply stopped working..its not showing up in the device manager either.It is like it has died.I was using it on my PC to play...
  7. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth suddenly stopped working.: Dell 5587 Windows 1909 Bluetooth stopped working like 2 hours ago, right after I updated my Nvidia drivers (tinynvidiaupdatechecker) Bluetooth does not appear in Device Manager, Troubleshooter says my device is not Bluetooth capable (WHAT?), no switch in "Devices" Tried...
  8. Spacebar stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spacebar stopped working suddenly: Hey, the space bar key stopped working. I tried the usual sticky key and restarting or uninstalling the driver. I don't know if its related but theres a UNITED KINGDOM KEYBOARD on the keyboard list bottom right but it doesn't show in the keyboard language preferences...
  9. All of my USB Controller drivers suddenly stopped working

All of my USB Controller drivers suddenly stopped working: Everything was working fine - I went out for about an hour and came back to my PC and the mouse and keyboard had stopped working. They work fine in BIOS and in the Automatic Repair screen so I know it's a Windows issue, not a hardware one. I was finally able to borrow a PS/2...
  10. PS4 controller not working on Windows10

PS4 controller not working on Windows10: Hello, so recently I got a new PS4 controller and I set it up to my PC. The problem is, the controller is not working in games! Yes, the controller is showing up in ControlPanel altough, it is not saying that it has any manufacturer or anything, and my Joy.cpl is also...