Windows 10: Figure out the offending driver

Discus and support Figure out the offending driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On the ASRock machine in my specs, using Acronis True Image 2018, I get the following BSOD error when trying to back to one of the M.2 SSDs. Backing up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 24c, Jun 3, 2018.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

Figure out the offending driver

On the ASRock machine in my specs, using Acronis True Image 2018, I get the following BSOD error when trying to back to one of the M.2 SSDs. Backing up to a traditional SATA 2.5" SSD works fine.

"Driver IRQL not less or equal"

Someone on the Acronis site, suggested I figure out the offending driver, uninstall it, then install the latest version in its place.

I have no clue how to go about finding the offending driver, but I'm sure someone here does.

:)

2. Can not figure out how to download a driver at a Manufacturer"s website.

I know the Manufacturer-Broadcom.

I know my driver that I need-Broadcom 57xx Gigabit Controller Adapter. I lost my Internet and must have this driver.

I cannot for the life of me understand how to go in and find the driver. A tech gave me a link and it took me back to the same website.

There is no clear name of the driver listed, and there seems to be no understandable way to click any "download".

The website is extremely confusing to use.

Can someone please go to www.broadcom.com and please tell me how to download the driver listed above on line two?

I spent 2 hours finding out that Dell does not support any Optiplex 745 drivers in Windows 10, so this driver must come from Broadcom.

I need someone to step by step tell me how to get the driver from this site. THANKS!

BarbaraLarnce, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Can not figure out how to download a driver at a Manufacturer"s website.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Just visit the manufacturer website, enter the drivers you need download and install it, if its not compatible in Windows 10, I suggest you to install in compatible mode and check if it runs.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the touchpad pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the
      installation.
    Detailed Steps on how to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue. If not, let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Figure out the offending driver

1. Figure out the offending driver - Similar Threads - Figure offending driver

2. Figuring out a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Figuring out a password: I have recently lost my husband. I found a tablet that he had. I do not know the password. I have tried just about everything. I would like to get any of our family pictures and anything else important off of it. If i could avoid factory resetting it, that would be amazing....
  3. Driver Crash Issue- Cant figure out what driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Crash Issue- Cant figure out what driver: Hi! I cannot figure out what driver is causing the crash. I have attached the minidump record https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiWbX3cpMNkGmjzpfVgN1TjzcPwx?e=gqz4h3...
  4. Driver Crash Issue- Cant figure out what driver

Driver Crash Issue- Cant figure out what driver: Hi! I cannot figure out what driver is causing the crash. I have attached the minidump record https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiWbX3cpMNkGmjzpfVgN1TjzcPwx?e=gqz4h3...
  5. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  6. can't figure out!

can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  7. Is there a way to figure out if some driver of mine is at fault?

Is there a way to figure out if some driver of mine is at fault?: Hey guys, Lately I've been having BSODs and after extensive troubleshooting, I ended up reinstalling Windows from scratch. We stress tested every piece of hardware in my computer and everything came out fine. Using Windows' driver verifier, we were able to find something...
  8. Is there a way to figure out if some driver of mine is at fault?

Is there a way to figure out if some driver of mine is at fault?: Hey guys, Lately I've been having BSODs and after extensive troubleshooting, I ended up reinstalling Windows from scratch. We stress tested every piece of hardware in my computer and everything came out fine. Using Windows' driver verifier, we were able to find something...
  9. DPC Watchdog Violation Can't find offending driver

DPC Watchdog Violation Can't find offending driver: I'm having a blue screen problem where I can't seem to track down the offending driver. Looking at the Event Viewer I noted that the error happened followed by a reboot and a crashed video driver, but I don't think they're related. I did reinstall the video driver just to...
  10. trying to figure out if its a driver or hardware causing this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to figure out if its a driver or hardware causing this: my computer keeps crashing at random moments and both screens go black and i have to manually reset computer and also get the occasional bsod. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff800646e3314,...