Windows 10: File and Folder names (fonts) cut off along bottom edge: "g, j, p, y"

Discus and support File and Folder names (fonts) cut off along bottom edge: "g, j, p, y" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I did a search for this problem and found some related help but nothing too specific. Problem is: Hanging portions of letters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MattGodbey, Aug 29, 2017.

1. File and Folder names (fonts) cut off along bottom edge: "g, j, p, y"

Hello everyone,

I did a search for this problem and found some related help but nothing too specific.

Problem is: Hanging portions of letters (hanging descriptors?) are being cut off in files and folders names in windows explorer. As far as I can tell, it's only happening there. Here's an image:

File and Folder names (fonts) cut off along bottom edge: "g, j, p, y" [​IMG]

I have previously used the utility "System Font Size Changer" to change font sizes, but have since changed them back to the original size. I didn't notice if I was getting this cut-off before I used the utility, unfortunately.

Running Windows 10 Pro x64 1703 (build 15063.540)

Anyone have any suggestions or seen this before?
    If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks,
    Matt

:)

MattGodbey, Aug 29, 2017
  2. BFReeves Win User

I can't select "Print" as the page is cut short

I can't print out my files as the printing set-up page appears and it is cut off at the bottom. There is no way to access the "Print" command. Control "P" merely makes the set-up page reappear.

BFReeves, Aug 29, 2017
  3. E61 + tomtom activation

The issue with the "J" key was killing me too on my e61i. oddly enough if you hold shift (bottom left hand corner) and keep pressing the either G or H key (OKAY i forgot) the "J" will cycle though and come up.

jordan613---01, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

File and Folder names (fonts) cut off along bottom edge: "g, j, p, y"

Welcome to TenForums @MattGodbey

If it helps, I have an 'un-tweaked' 15063.540 and it doesn't cut off the descenders.

You could try the TenForums tutorials on DISM to see if it can repair this. If that can't fix it, then...
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

5. Berton Win User
    Could be the Display/Personalize settingsare messing with the display of those items [right-click a blank area of the desktop] .

Berton, Aug 29, 2017
  6. Thanks for the help, both. Berton, what should I look for in personalize settings that might affect this?

By the way, I'm using system font default Segue UI.

It's almost like the icons are too close together (vertically) and it's cutting the extenders off.

ETA: You know, actually, if I right click in the folder and choose "view>details" the icons are spaced further apart vertically and I don't get the bottoms being cut off. It seems to be only when I have the view set to "view>list"

Matt

MattGodbey, Aug 29, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    In Display Settings I am using 1440x900 pixel with 125% for text size. My maximum display on Win10 could be 1920x1080 but I have 4 computers connected to one monitor through a KVM/Keyboard Video Mouse switch and not all 4 have the same capability with their video adapters. The setting is controlled by the combination of the video/graphics adapter and the monitor.

One other thing to check is the Ctrl key in combination with the mouse scroll wheel or the +/- keys to increase or decrease the size of things in various windows.

Berton, Aug 29, 2017
  8. File and Folder names (fonts) cut off along bottom edge: "g, j, p, y"

I'm using 1920x1080 at 100% scaling. I tried the Ctrl key with mouse scroll, but it just advances to the next "view" level, i.e. view>details.

I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the AMD drivers. I mistakenly said I was using onboard video, but I'm actually using an AMD card. I forgot I had put that in.

Thanks for the help.

MattGodbey, Aug 30, 2017
  9. Bree, thanks. The install in place windows update corrected the issue. So problem solved.

Matt

MattGodbey, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File and Folder names (fonts) cut off along bottom edge: "g, j, p, y"

1. File and Folder names (fonts) cut off along bottom edge: "g, j, p, y" - Similar Threads - File Folder names

2. Taskbar cuts off bottom of window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar cuts off bottom of window: I got a new laptop last week and noticed an issue carried over from my old laptop. I don't know what causes it, but I will randomly find the taskbar cutting off my windows. For example, and this is usually how I notice it's happened, the bottom ribbon in Word which shows the...
  3. Taskbar cuts off bottom of window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar cuts off bottom of window: I got a new laptop last week and noticed an issue carried over from my old laptop. I don't know what causes it, but I will randomly find the taskbar cutting off my windows. For example, and this is usually how I notice it's happened, the bottom ribbon in Word which shows the...
  4. The bottom of the screen on my program is cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bottom of the screen on my program is cut off: Hi,The very bottom half at the bottom of my program is cut in half. I need to see the whole sections as it's a date & timeframe, How can i fix this please?.I tried to add a screenshot but it wont work as a JPEG or a PNG File. It just says failed to upload....
  5. The bottom of the screen on my program is cut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The bottom of the screen on my program is cut off: Hi,The very bottom half at the bottom of my program is cut in half. I need to see the whole sections as it's a date & timeframe, How can i fix this please?.I tried to add a screenshot but it wont work as a JPEG or a PNG File. It just says failed to upload....
  6. Folder and File names get cut off mid word on foreign languages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder and File names get cut off mid word on foreign languages: basically as the title says: Folder and File names get cut off mid word on foreign languages. could not find a solution anywhere online. screenshot attached. OS build: 19042.867 [ATTACH]...
  7. Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen: MSFT Edge cuts off the top part of the screen for some pages of course the ones I need. I have tried the Control + Shift + Windows + B and that only makes a ping sound without resolving the issue. Help appreciated...
  8. browsers cut off at the bottom

in Browsers and Email
    browsers cut off at the bottom: Has anyone seen this? [img] I get a solid white "bar" at the bottom of my screen when using Firefox, and it persists when scrolling. It blocks whatever content is there unless I keep scrolling but when I get to the bottom of the webpage and I can't keep scrolling, I can't...
  9. Display cut off at bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display cut off at bottom of the screen: I just completed W10 installation and it seems to be working, but the bottom of the display is cut off. I shifted the task bar to the right side or otherwise I couldn't see it. Still annoying. I have a ATI Radeon HD 4350 video card with 512 MB memory and a Dell ST2410...
  10. Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar: So the bottom of my monitor display is cut off. It is a Dell ST2010 monitor very old but still in working condition. It has nothing to do with screen resolution btw. Can this problem be fixed or do i have to buy a new monitor? Any suggestions? Thanks This is how it looks...