Windows 10: file association change

Discus and support file association change in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; v 1607 just installed, Microsoft keeps wanting to change from libre office to wordpad, win patrol cancels it but it keeps trying to change file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wood, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Wood Win User

file association change

v 1607 just installed, Microsoft keeps wanting to change from libre office to wordpad, win patrol cancels it but it keeps trying to change file association how do I stop taht

:)

2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Sep 13, 2016
  3. spa file association changed

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please these details.

1. Which application you are using to open the spa file.

2. How did you changed the pathway?

3. Do you get any error message while opening the spa file?

Kindly post us back with the updated information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 13, 2016
  4. Wood Win User

file association change

v 1607 just installed, windows trying to change default from libre office to wordpad
    I have gone into the defaults and made sure libre is default
    Every 5 minutes winpatrol gives popup do I accept change
    How do I stop this, I do not want wordpad as default

5. dalchina New Member
    Suggest first you disable lock file types in Winpatrol (always worth checking why a program like that is doing what it is)

file association change [​IMG]

If necessary exit Winpatrol, then set the default as you want, check it, check it again after restarting (just to be sure!).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

file association change

1. file association change - Similar Threads - file association change

2. win11 change file association icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win11 change file association icon: I do not like the WinZip app as I can not open several at one time. I used ti be able to extract several to their own folder, so I DL 7zip and it changed the icon so I can recognized the file a a zipper it was a folder with a zipper on it how do I get it to return???? I now...
  3. win11 change file association icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win11 change file association icon: I do not like the WinZip app as I can not open several at one time. I used ti be able to extract several to their own folder, so I DL 7zip and it changed the icon so I can recognized the file a a zipper it was a folder with a zipper on it how do I get it to return???? I now...
  4. Change an outlook file association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change an outlook file association: I accidentally opened an outlook file *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with Adobe acrobat and it changed the file association to open only with acrobat. I have tried to change it back to open with outlook but outlook says it cannot use that file type. How can I...
  5. Microsoft Edge changing association for files

Microsoft Edge changing association for files: Microsoft Edge is GARBAGEWARE. I need to permanently destroy it. It keeps taking over JPGs, PDFs, and many other file types, without my permission. It REALLY SUCKS BIG TIME. ***Modified title from: How do I PERMANENTLY DESTROY Microsoft Edge?***...
  6. Remove (not change) file extension association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove (not change) file extension association: I mistakenly associated a file extension with .pdf. I've found many instructions on how to change (swap) the file associate from one extension to the other, but how do you remove the association completely and return it to "Choose a default" ?? This user was very helpful...
  7. cannot change file association

cannot change file association: Suddenly, I cannot change my file association to the program I want. For example, I want to change ".txt" to use "notepad2.exe", not the default "notepad". Recently I was able to do that. If I right-click, properties, and choose my "notepad2", the change won't take effect....
  8. cannot change file association

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot change file association: Suddenly, I cannot change my file association to the program I want. For example, I want to change ".txt" to use "notepad2.exe", not the default "notepad". Recently I was able to do that. If I right-click, properties, and choose my "notepad2", the change won't take effect....
  9. Changing file association

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing file association: Adobe acrobat reader is associated with ascm files. I need to change the association so that I can open an ascm file with Adobe digital reader so that I can read a book. Thanks...
  10. Mass Change File Association

Mass Change File Association: Hi, I would like to change all file types that are handled by notepad to notepad++. How do I accomplish this without clicking manually? Maybe by changing via the registry? Henry 69414