Windows 10: File Copy between Win10 and Win2003 Server

Discus and support File Copy between Win10 and Win2003 Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm have an issuing when copying a file from a Windows 10 workstation to a FQDN Windows server 2003 resource. The environment is as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mickdoev, Jun 19, 2016.

1. mickdoev Win User

File Copy between Win10 and Win2003 Server

Hello,
    I'm have an issuing when copying a file from a Windows 10 workstation to a FQDN Windows server 2003 resource.

The environment is as follows;

SERVER
    Windows 2003 SP2 Server (x86) (Domain Controller)
    FQDN = server1.company.local
    IP Address = 192.168.10.10
    NETBIOS NAME = server1

CLIENT
    Windows 10 Pro workstation (x64)

The issue manifests in both a command line and windows file explorer environment.
    Here is a command line example using robocopy (the issue also happens with copy/xcopy)

TEST1 (NETBIOS) robocopy c:\test \\server1\data\temp file.dat = file copies OK
    TEST2 (IP ADRESS) robocopy c:\test \\192.168.10.10\data\temp file.dat = file copies OK
    TEST3 (FQDN) robocopy c:\test \\server1.company.local\data\temp file.dat = file copy is very slow / unsuccessful

server1.company.local resolves to the correct ip of 192.168.10.10

This issue only manifests on the two Windows 10 systems we have in the business. We have 70+ WIndows 7 systems that do not present the issue.
    The issue temporarily resolves when the effect Windows10 system is rebooted but the issue re-manifests hours/days later.

Thanks in advance . . .

:)

mickdoev, Jun 19, 2016
  2. MadTom Win User

WinMobile 2003SE Terminal Services Client '/console' mode option ??

For some reason VNC runs very slow on my win2003 Server.

RDP is fast - very fast..

Even if I run VNC from my XP PC to my server it is soooo slow !

RDP - Great !

Any ideas ??

Thanks

MadTom, Jun 19, 2016
  3. permissions

Version win10 ver. 1709 build 16299.192

No recent changes

Signed on MS account an both PCs trying to copy files between

GS

Gene Salby, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

File Copy between Win10 and Win2003 Server

1. File Copy between Win10 and Win2003 Server - Similar Threads - File Copy between

2. Copying game between computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying game between computers: I downloaded a few Microsoft Store games on my laptop and now wish to copy them onto my PC, but when i paste the game file to replace the incomplete one in my WindowsApps folder, i get a message saying "Your organisation does not allow you to place this file here", even after...
  3. How to batch copy files between several folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to batch copy files between several folders?: Hi, I have to do a bunch of file copy between different folders and I wanted to know if there's a way to do it in a faster way rather than the "manual way". Basically, I have hundreds of files with certain names (37, 39, 40, 43...) to be copied to some specific dropbox...
  4. Win10 copying

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 copying: when I went to bed, the copy was 0%. When I got up, it was not there. The browser windows were also not there. I tried to look thru "computer management" > task viewer, but could not see anything related to copying. I am running Win10 ver 1909. - - - Updated - - - The copy...
  5. Username when file sharing between Win10 computersd

Username when file sharing between Win10 computersd: I typically setup my two Win10 computers to login to my Microsoft account, and the user name for a Microsoft account has to have both a first name and last name. In my case the name is Bud Tripp. So then I want to share files between my computers, giving me full control of...
  6. File copy between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File copy between machines: I have a new Win 10 machine and I want to copy the People file from the old machine to the new. Both are HP machines, and both run the latest Win 10 updates. Can this be done ?...
  7. File copying between PCs

File copying between PCs: I am running Windows 10 with latest updates on a HP desktop and a Lenovo notepad. I would like to be able to copy folders between the two computers over wifi. How can I do this?...
  8. Copying only newer files Win10

Copying only newer files Win10: This seems like a simple task, and there used to be a way to do it using a Copy command, but Win10 doesn't seem to support this: Is there any way in Win10 to copy/paste only new or updated contents from a folder B into a reference folder A? I have 2 folders, A and B, that...
  9. Server BSOD when copying files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Server BSOD when copying files: I have a 2012 server that will bsod when I try to copy data over the network. It will drop anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour of copying data. it has never done this before and I've copied a lot of data off of it before. I could sure use some help figuring this one out....
  10. Copying files onto a win10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files onto a win10 hard drive: I'm trying to figure out what MS changed in Win10. *I typically hook a screwed 10 PC's hard drive to my computer and copy all their files before reinstalling windows. *Then after windows has been reinstalled I hook their hard drive to my pc and copy the files back. *Problem...