Windows 10: File corrupted after copying to new flash drive

Discus and support File corrupted after copying to new flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently i bought 2 flash drive, toshiba and sandisk, and when i copy files to toshiba, it ended up corrupt, so i copied the same files to sandisk, its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chandrang, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Chandrang Win User

File corrupted after copying to new flash drive

Recently i bought 2 flash drive, toshiba and sandisk, and when i copy files to toshiba, it ended up corrupt, so i copied the same files to sandisk, its fine, so i do a scan with malwarebytes, clear, i've formatted the toshiba, issue still persist, so i connect toshiba to my other laptop(on windows 10 too), and copied the same file to toshiba, and its fine, its mean toshiba is not damaged, and my laptop file is not damaged, so whats the cause?

:)

Chandrang, Aug 27, 2016
  2. La-Rel E Win User

Error Code 0x800703EE : Transferring 24GB video file to client's 32GB Flash Drive (Windows 10)

Thank you Argel for replying,

• I tried to transfer another file (smaller file size), but encountered the same error code.
    • I was able to copy the file from the
      external hard drive to my computer. From there, I attempted to copy the file from the
      computer to the flash drive. The transfer was interrupted with the same error code. (I noticed the write speeds are significantly different --
      the external hard drive-to-computer speed was about 10x faster than the computer-to-flash drive speed. That said, the latter is around the same speed as copying from the external hard drive to the flash drive.)
    • I do not have access to another flash drive to retry the transfer on a different device.
    When I watched the video after transferring it from the
    external hard drive to the computer, it played perfectly. No corruption, which leads me to think the error has something to do with the flash drive. Again, I received it BRAND NEW (in packaging).

Hope this helps,

La-Rel

La-Rel E, Aug 27, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    I can't delete a particular folder from my pen drive(usb).

• Copy whatever files you need from the Flash Drive to a new folder on your hard drive
    • In Windows File Explorer, right click the Flash Drive and select Format
    • Format the drive
    • Copy the rest of the files back from the new folder to the Flash Drive

DaveM121, Aug 27, 2016
Thema:

File corrupted after copying to new flash drive

1. File corrupted after copying to new flash drive - Similar Threads - File corrupted copying

2. Copy to new flash drive won't copy deeply nested subfolders and files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy to new flash drive won't copy deeply nested subfolders and files.: I just bought a set of large flash drives for document backup. I copy the entire folder to the drive, but many don't copy. I noticed that nested subfolders three or more tiers will not copy files. First two nested subfolders copy just fine, the rest are hit and miss. The...
  3. Copy to new flash drive won't copy deeply nested subfolders and files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy to new flash drive won't copy deeply nested subfolders and files.: I just bought a set of large flash drives for document backup. I copy the entire folder to the drive, but many don't copy. I noticed that nested subfolders three or more tiers will not copy files. First two nested subfolders copy just fine, the rest are hit and miss. The...
  4. Corrupted files on flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted files on flash drive: So I've got this flash drive that's near full capacity, and all of it is corrupted. It's in this garbled language see photos and it's impossible to rename or delete them. I've tried deleting them on the CMD prompt or using CHKDSK but all of that doesn't work. Is it broken...
  5. corrupted files on flash drive

corrupted files on flash drive: windows 10 made my flash drive read only when making a recovery file but didnt finish and locked the drive, how can I reformat it as it is read only now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-files-on-flash-drive/7899ff17-a093-4968-873d-bb3911658758"
  6. copy files on flash drive to word in windows 10

copy files on flash drive to word in windows 10: I have several files on a flash drive copied from Windows 7, and want to copy them to Word in Windows 10. I can't find any procedures outlining the steps to take. Can someone point me in the right direction?...
  7. file checking before copying files to a flash drive

file checking before copying files to a flash drive: How can I stop Windows 10 from doing file checking before copying files from my pc to a flashdrive? It takes forever even before copying actually begins....
  8. Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive

Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive: Hi, I purchased two 128GB usb flash drive to backup several files. But when the size or number of files exceed a limit - which is not big and it is less than 2000 number of files - it gives an error. Then when I open the drive, all other already-copied files are also...
  9. Corrupted Flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted Flash drive: i have an older flash pen drive (32gb) and i think it may be corrupted it will only format exFAT and when i pop in a file it comes back as unusable so if anyone can inform me no how to hack it back to normality it would be appreciated also when i try to format it to...
  10. File corrupted on USB flash drive or windows explorer confused?

in Windows 10 Support
    File corrupted on USB flash drive or windows explorer confused?: Have a new flash drive/stick. I copied some .MP4 videos to the drive for my TV. When I try to play them on my computer from the flash drive they dont play. I can play the original on the same machine. So deleted the flash copy and copied a new version. Same result. When I...