Windows 10: File Dialog Settings Location ?

Discus and support File Dialog Settings Location ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, If I open an Open File dialog box (like in Notepad or wherever) and it's set to display details, and I right-click the column header and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emperor, Nov 28, 2017.

1. emperor Win User

File Dialog Settings Location ?

Hi guys,

If I open an Open File dialog box (like in Notepad or wherever) and it's set to display details, and I right-click the column header and check/uncheck some items in the popup menu (like Type, Data Modified, etc.) where do those settings get stored ? I thought maybe in the parent's desktop.ini but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thank you.

:)

emperor, Nov 28, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Save pdf to current folder

When applications are coded, it is up to the programmer to set the default save location, or to get the Save As Dialog to 'remember' the last save location.

Click HERE for the Zotero page on setting the default file locaton, from a quick browse, lots of users
    of Zotero are having issue with the save location . . .

DaveM121, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Annoying popup from Windows Explorer on Recovery drive D

As stated previously, drive d is not being used for virtual memory. Not used for paging file system.

Drive D is listed on the recycle bin properties dialog box. > Cannot remove drive D from the properties page.

Recycle Bin Location Space Available

RECOVERY (DFile Dialog Settings Location ? :) 23.6 GB

Windows (CFile Dialog Settings Location ? :) 421 GB

Settings for selected location (same settings for both partitionsFile Dialog Settings Location ? :)

Don't move files to the Recycle Bin, Remove files immediately when deleted

Popup keeps popping up.... Disk Cleanup: You can use Disk Cleanup to free up to 0 bytes of disk space on RECOVERY (DFile Dialog Settings Location ? :)

View Files reveals (as shown on the Disk Cleanup dialog box) Recycle Bin "This folder is empty".....Some setting required in Reg DB??

RonChoiniere, Nov 28, 2017
  4. Anak Win User

Hi emperor , Welcome to 10F! *Smile

That sounds like it'd be in the registry, I looked for File Explorer and came up with some interesting hits but some of the data values were either in code or binary.

There is a registry key at option four of this tutorial that may hold promise and get closer Code: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced[/quote] I'm not saying to go in and change anything just look around. I just wish I knew the proper description, I was using Folder Details, File Explorer, but nothing would pop.

Thema:

1. File Dialog Settings Location ? - Similar Threads - File Dialog Settings

2. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  3. Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin Dialog Box File Locations: Hello All,I am interested in dialog boxes, and their locations in C:\ in Windows 7, 10, 11.For example:When I right click on a folder and then left click on Delete, a dialog box opens that says "Are you sure you want to move this folder to the Recycle Bin?" And I have two...
  4. Settings App File Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings App File Location: I am trying to find the exact file location of the settings app in windows 10 for a program called Rainmeter. I found a thread on this website from way back in 2016 in which a person from Microsoft had answered this question by giving the file path. But when I go to the file,...
  5. Location Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Settings: I would like to change my Location settings (in Settings/Location) but the "Change button" is greyed ouy and says: "Location for this device is off". Also, marked in red, I see "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" I use Windows 10 Home Version...
  6. Save the settings in File Explorer's Folder Options dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Save the settings in File Explorer's Folder Options dialog: I couldn't get anything like the above proposed solution to work for the settings in File Explorer's "Folder Options" dialog. But this works: NOTE: As always, when messing with the registry, it is wise to back up (export) any keys that you will be changing prior to doing so!...
  7. I want settings file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want settings file location: Hello, I want the file location of the windows 10 settings app. The reason is - Windows 10 does look good but needs improvements, i have found an application called nexus dock which allows to create a dock like taskbar and i want to add settings to it.The problem is that you...
  8. Location setting?

Location setting?: How do I reset the computer location in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-setting/910961fa-5e64-47ca-9548-1288de411e19
  9. Location settings

Location settings: For some reason my location is not turned on according to some of the websites that I use. When I go to my Settings app I find that my location service is already turned on but I'm still being requested to turn it on. My banking website and Google maps are some of the sites....
  10. Paging File Location and Settings Questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Paging File Location and Settings Questions: I currently have one pagefile.sys, assigned to a Samsung SSD drive and it's set to let Windows do the managing. This is the only page file I have enabled on my system. Is there a better way to handle this file on my system? Is it a good idea to have it located on another...