Windows 10: File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes

Discus and support File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, This issue occurs when "Automatically select highlight color from my wallpaper" checkbox is ticked. When I open Windows Explorer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BM57, Dec 13, 2016.

1. BM57 Win User

File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes

Hi all,

This issue occurs when "Automatically select highlight color from my wallpaper" checkbox is ticked.
    When I open Windows Explorer and display a long list of folders and/or files, going down through them, each time the wallpaper changes Windows Explorer reverts to the top of the list even if an element is selected lower in the list.

From update to update this issue never has been fixed. However, I read some time ago this issue was known by MS.

Do other users experience such an issue? Is there a way to fix it anyway (e.g. using registry) ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

2. Files in explorer always scroll up (Windows 10)

Looks like this is related for example to a change of the wallpaper.

For example when running an application which changes the wallpaper every minute the explorer jumps to the top when the wallpaper gets changed.

A similar feature called Slideshow is implemented in Windows 10 directly.

Another thread regarding this issue:

Windows File Explorer keeps refreshing

See Martijn van Knijff post regarding the slideshow-feature.

blackcoder, Dec 13, 2016
  3. File explorer window be force to scroll to top when changing theme color

Yes, file explorer jumping back to the top on theme color change has been the case since at least Windows 7. If you choose to turn off 'Automatically pick a color from my wallpaper', I believe this doesn't happen.

zachd [MSFT], Dec 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, fortunately I don't find that happening, but there could be many variables.

Tried: explorer, details view
    Picture changed by:
    a. Wally, my wallpaper program
    b. in Settings, Picture, browse
    c. in Settings, Slideshow

Do you find the same thing happening in Safe Mode?

dalchina, Dec 13, 2016
Thema:

1. File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes - Similar Threads - File explorer always

2. why my wallpaper always revert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my wallpaper always revert: A wallpaper always reverts back automatically even after changing many times. plz help me with this..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-wallpaper-always-revert/49c8a3ca-d150-464e-bcb6-7c07052f9e04
  3. why my wallpaper always revert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my wallpaper always revert: A wallpaper always reverts back automatically even after changing many times. plz help me with this..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-wallpaper-always-revert/49c8a3ca-d150-464e-bcb6-7c07052f9e04
  4. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  5. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  6. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer is always on top

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is always on top: The only way to view anything other than Explorer is to minimize it, is there a fix? Version 20H2; Build 19042.746; Windows 10 Pro EDIT: Tried this, but it fails on some things: Code: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "ForegroundLockTimeout"=dword:00030d40 Set value...
  8. File Explorer changes revert back to Default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer changes revert back to Default: I have many folders which contain music. Early on, those folders would automatically default to the Music template. Now, all of my music folders have reverted back to Default view: "Name," "Date Modified," "Type" and "Size." I'll right click on a folder containing music,...
  9. Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper: Hi! I have a laptop and every time I change my wallpaper, it reverts back to "Center" Option in Personalize menu. My laptop's screen resolution is 3840*2160, but regardless of the dimension of the wallpaper, if I put a wallpaper of 10000*5625 (which is a 16*9 ratio indeed),...
  10. file explorer popups not always on top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer popups not always on top: Everytime I do a copy, move, delete in file explorer if it produces a popup that requires action it is normally not on top and I end up doing it again and again b4 I realize it is waiting for input from the last 10 times I did it. It would be so much more user friendly it...