Windows 10: File explorer annoyance

Discus and support File explorer annoyance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I took the option to upgrade from W7 quite early on and in the main I am a happy bunny - really liked W7/hated W8 although it had some meat features. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SteveGPhoto, Feb 13, 2016.

1. File explorer annoyance

I took the option to upgrade from W7 quite early on and in the main I am a happy bunny - really liked W7/hated W8 although it had some meat features. I think W10 gives the best of both worlds but there is one thing that really bugs me ... triplication of folders showing in file explorer. See the image below:

File explorer annoyance [​IMG]

As you can see, the folders that are in my Library are replicated in"Steve Goodfellow" and "Steve-Laptop" but the contents aren't the same. The folders in "Libraries" contain what I expect (and want) them too. In the other two locations both the Documents and Pictures folders are empty whilst the Music and Video folders contain the same as those in Libraries.

This is kinda weird and rather annoying. Does anyone have any idea why this has happened or how I can get rid of the replicated folders? I don't know if this is relevant but both my laptop and desktop computers are the same.

TIA *Smile

:)

SteveGPhoto, Feb 13, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Feb 13, 2016
  3. EmilyW. Win User
    Folders will not delete from Desktop

Hey people,

I can't delete folders from my desktop unless I drag it to the recycling bin or if I delete it from File Explorer. Even though it's only a minor annoyance, I would appreciate it if anyone had an answer.

Thanks!!

EmilyW., Feb 13, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

File explorer annoyance

I thought that was rather annoying myself until I found out what it was.

The reason why they are empty is because sometimes it may be linked to a different folder, for instance, the libraries folder is linked to your folder in C:\Users\Your name\Documents, which is where your files are stored.

Now, the other links are sometimes linked to the public folder and/or the one drive folder. I actually did a test to test this theory.

I copied files to both one drive and the public folder. When I clicked on them, it showed those files from the pane, but then going to libraries, showed my other files.

I just got used to it as I know how to get to my files easy. *Smile

lmaneke, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Hi Imaneke,

Thanks for the explanation. I tried your experiment and you're right - they're linked to different locations.

Guess I'll have to learn to live with it but I hate it when the computer decides what things should look like rather than me *Mad

Suppose I could always ask MS for a refund *chuckle

SteveGPhoto, Feb 14, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    Lol, well since its a free upgrade, no refunds are given. Buahaha lol.

Well glad you were able to duplicate the issue. It's not a huge deal to me, and I don't think MS will change it unless enough people gripe about it. Although the Windows 10 upgrades are not done yet, as now MS is now working on Windows 10 Redstone, which we should see released sometime early summer. Wonder what that will bring us.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File explorer annoyance

1. File explorer annoyance - Similar Threads - File explorer annoyance

2. Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!: HI, I have been using windows 11 on a fresh install for a while now and I must say the file explorer is atrocious. I have a new computer yet the file explorer has 10-30 sec delay to load folders and such. I would like an option to go back to the windows 10 file explorer. I...
  3. Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!: HI, I have been using windows 11 on a fresh install for a while now and I must say the file explorer is atrocious. I have a new computer yet the file explorer has 10-30 sec delay to load folders and such. I would like an option to go back to the windows 10 file explorer. I...
  4. File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11: In Win 11, how do I stop File Explorer from jumping back to the top of the list every few minutes? This also seems to prevent slide show from making through a large 200+ folder of pictures....
  5. File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11: In Win 11, how do I stop File Explorer from jumping back to the top of the list every few minutes? This also seems to prevent slide show from making through a large 200+ folder of pictures....
  6. annoying explorer bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    annoying explorer bug: Hello. Every time I run my PC (OR almost every time I run it) I have to manually kill explorer.exe and run it again via application manager. If I don't I can't open any Windows tab (like this computer) I can't open folders etc. It's getting annoying and I don't know what to...
  7. File Explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoyance: I have 2 W10 pro systems as listed in my systems. One of them (laptop) has a annoying problem when using File Explorer. The issue is when selecting a sub directory in the left window, and then moving the cursor to the right window does not scroll the file list. If you scroll,...
  8. File Explorer annoying behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoying behavior: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.8.36) I'm new .. I've been looking through forum after forum and cannot find resolution to a specific problem. My job includes LOTS of email with attachments, and a couple of months ago, I began to notice annoying behavior that didn't...
  9. Annoying Internet Explorer file...

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying Internet Explorer file...: (I don't use Internet Explorer, I've always had it 'disabled' in the 'Add/remove Windows Components' section...) Recently, I've noticed a file (see attached screenshot) that constantly keeps reappearing/regenerating itself even after cleaning (I use CCleaner). I just...
  10. 1 very annoying file explorer habit

in Windows 10 Support
    1 very annoying file explorer habit: I open file explorer and start boring down to my intended destination. When I'm about there, explorer I guess has now found the network and the left panel of explorer scoots back to the top. Is there a setting, like maybe delay looking for the network after explorer is opened...