Windows 10: File explorer appear a new drive?

Discus and support File explorer appear a new drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was doing my normal work, then all the sudden, out of nowhere, when I checked my file explorer, I saw a new drive called "Linux." At first, I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BerryPGz, Dec 2, 2023.

1. BerryPGz Win User

File explorer appear a new drive?

I was doing my normal work, then all the sudden, out of nowhere, when I checked my file explorer, I saw a new drive called "Linux." At first, I thought I had a virus or something. It took me a while to struggle, but I don't know how to remove the drive or find the cause of the problems.I will provide more information if needed because I don't know what really happened.

:)

BerryPGz, Dec 2, 2023

2. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer not showing external drive

If Windows 11 File Explorer is not showing an external drive that is connected to your device, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the connection: Make sure that the external drive is properly connected to your device. Try unplugging and replugging the drive, or connecting it to a different USB port.
    2. Check Disk Management: Open Disk Management by pressing Windows key + X, then selecting Disk Management. Look for the external drive in the list of drives. If it appears but has no drive letter assigned, right-click on it and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths". Assign a drive letter to the external drive, and then check if it appears in File Explorer.
    3. Update drivers: Make sure that your device's drivers are up to date, particularly the drivers for your USB ports. Use the Device Manager to check for any outdated or malfunctioning drivers, and update or reinstall them as needed.
    4. Check power supply: If the external drive requires a separate power supply, make sure it is properly connected and functioning.
    5. Test on another device: Try connecting the external drive to another device to see if it appears in File Explorer. This will help determine if the issue is with the drive itself or your device.
    By following these steps, you may be able to resolve the issue of Windows 11 File Explorer not showing an external drive.

davidwarner007, Dec 2, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

1. File explorer appear a new drive? - Similar Threads - File explorer appear

2. File explorer appear a new drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer appear a new drive?: I was doing my normal work, then all the sudden, out of nowhere, when I checked my file explorer, I saw a new drive called "Linux." At first, I thought I had a virus or something. It took me a while to struggle, but I don't know how to remove the drive or find the cause of...
  3. New files not appearing in File Explorer- Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New files not appearing in File Explorer- Windows 11: When I save a new Word doc or PDF, it will take hours or days for me to be able to access it in File Explorer. It just doesn't appear. I'm in Windows 11. How can I fix this?...
  4. New files not appearing in File Explorer- Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New files not appearing in File Explorer- Windows 11: When I save a new Word doc or PDF, it will take hours or days for me to be able to access it in File Explorer. It just doesn't appear. I'm in Windows 11. How can I fix this?...
  5. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  6. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  7. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  8. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer: My USB drives suddenly stopped showing up in File Explorer. They appear in Disk Management but no longer are easily accessible through File Explorer. This occurs on both my lap tops. File Explorer no longer shows "C" drive. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to...
  9. Disk Drives not appearing in File Explorer

10. Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer: Hi! I'm having an issue where my Portable Hard Drive Brand is Seagate to be exact will only appear in device manager. I believe this had happened when I formatted for Xbox back in ~October 2019 and uninstalled a game off it later on. I don't know how to reformat this and...