Windows 10: File explorer auto open at startup of windows

Discus and support File explorer auto open at startup of windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SURESH LOHAR, Jan 17, 2016.

1. File explorer auto open at startup of windows

till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening.

How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows.

:)

SURESH LOHAR, Jan 17, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 17, 2016
  3. File explorer docks at the back of open documents

Try these first to see if they work:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Also run the System File Checker utility:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow

This will check for any integrity violations

Restart your system

If that does not work, perform a repair upgrade:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

File explorer auto open at startup of windows

Hello & welcome to the Ten Forums *Smile

It looks like File Explorer has somehow been added to your Startup items. Have a look in Task Manager (right click on the taskbar or Start button to select this) and see if it appears in the Start-up tab.

This tutorial should help you solve the problem:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

File explorer auto open at startup of windows

1. File explorer auto open at startup of windows - Similar Threads - File explorer auto

2. Windows Explorer opening twice on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer opening twice on startup: For some reason about 2 weeks ago my PC started opening explorer.exe twice on every startup and it's causing a massive drop in performance, which I've noticed quite a lot in videogames that become unplayable and photoshop that keeps crashing. Even though I can just close it...
  3. Windows Explorer opening twice on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer opening twice on startup: For some reason about 2 weeks ago my PC started opening explorer.exe twice on every startup and it's causing a massive drop in performance, which I've noticed quite a lot in videogames that become unplayable and photoshop that keeps crashing. Even though I can just close it...
  4. File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer is open on startup inside Taskbar with no preview: I have this weird thing happening sometimes when I boot my Windows laptop. The File Explorer icon is highlighted in the Taskbar and if I move my cursor over there it shows the following preview. On clicking the preview, nothing happens. The only thing I can do is close it.I...
  5. File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10: How do I prevent file explorer from opening automaticaly on startup in windows 10? File explorer is not listed in my task manager so I cannot disable it there....
  6. Windows Explorer auto open periodically

Windows Explorer auto open periodically: I have a relatively newly installed laptop & Windows10 and ever since the installation and use about every 20 minutes File Explorer auto opens displaying the same external storage device. I have no idea why? Thanks in advance to anyone with a solution....
  7. Windows Explorer always open on startup.

Windows Explorer always open on startup.: I recently swapped out my motherboard for a newer one. I didn't reinstall Windows 10 on my HDD as I have many apps installed and didn't want to reinstall and reconfigure everything again. It all went smoothly and system runs well all except for one strange issue. On every...
  8. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...
  9. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup: I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to normal? 34511
  10. Startup opening infinite file explorer folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup opening infinite file explorer folders: If you can navigate the computer in Windows, Go to Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Advance Startup/Restart Now. Try to restart in Safe Mode. You can also try to do a System Restore to a time before this happened. If you can't navigate the computer in Windows, do you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open file explorer win 10 startup