Windows 10: File Explorer Auto Scrolling When Returning (<) From Another Folder

Discus and support File Explorer Auto Scrolling When Returning (<) From Another Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have goggled and done al the thongs commonly posted out there with no change. When viewing scrolled down a list of folders moving the folder I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gapi, Nov 23, 2017.

1. gapi Win User

File Explorer Auto Scrolling When Returning (<) From Another Folder

I have goggled and done al the thongs commonly posted out there with no change.
    When viewing scrolled down a list of folders moving the folder I want up to a level where I want it on screen, then opening the folder to view the content inside, when I back out of this folder the lish has now scrolled the folder to the bottom of the screen. I want the scrolled position to be as I left it.

I have unchecked accent color and other various so called fixes seen on the Webb. I have a laptop running Win10 Home x64 and a Desktop running Win10 Pro x64 and they both do the same thing.

I would owe someone if they helped me fix it without Classic Shell. Have Registry Experience, Will Travel.

Thanks

:)

2. briang99 Win User

WIN 10 START MENU AND FILE EXPLORER AUTO SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM

How can I stop windows 10 from auto scrolling in the start menu and file explorer? I do not have this issue in internet explorer, just in the local computer. It also auto scrolls to the right if the file explorer window is not opened in full screen, so
    I end up at the bottom and to the right of everything. When I try to scroll back to the top it scrolls right back to the bottom!

How do I stop this?

briang99, Nov 23, 2017
  3. File Explorer keeps auto refreshing and scrolling to the top

I just upgraded to windows 10, the problem that i am having is with file explorer.

when i am scrolling down it seems to be auto refreshing(scrolling to the top) without any romps from me.

it gets annoying when you are scrolling down and suddenly your back at the top of the folder contents.

I would be gratefuller if anybody knows how to fix this problem.

Johan Barkhuizen, Nov 23, 2017
Thema:

File Explorer Auto Scrolling When Returning (<) From Another Folder

1. File Explorer Auto Scrolling When Returning (<) From Another Folder - Similar Threads - File Explorer Auto

2. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: "This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  3. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: "This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  4. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  5. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  6. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders: While scrolling down on folders in my drive the file explorer closes and restarts, this makes it impossible to acces some files, and in some folders it crashes as soon as I open it, the error is: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎8/‎27/‎2020 11:04 PM...
  8. File Explorer crashes when scrolling.

File Explorer crashes when scrolling.: When i right click any folder on the sidebar e.g. Quick Access folders and scroll down the explorer just crashes. When i right click on a quick access folder it crashes when i get to "unpin from quick access". When i right click a folder under "this pc", it crashes when i...
  9. File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.

File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.: Since I installed the latest windows 10 update, every time I scroll the mouse down in windows explorer (left file structure) it automatically starts to scroll back to the top of the file list. This means I cant select any folders down the tree....
  10. Increase time of folder auto-expanding when dragging in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Increase time of folder auto-expanding when dragging in File Explorer: Hi, this will definitely require going into the registry editor. It's a small, but annoying hassle for me. When I'm dragging something in File Explorer, too often, just by moving the cursor over some folder, the stupid folder will expand, causing me to have to scroll down...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dragging file explorer from one monitor and it minimizes and scrolls