Windows 10: File explorer automatically starts at startup. I do not want this.

Discus and support File explorer automatically starts at startup. I do not want this. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I checked (task manager > Startup ) and file explorer is not there. I disabled everything in startup, just to make sure. How do I stop this from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by knotian, Jul 6, 2016.

1. knotian Win User

File explorer automatically starts at startup. I do not want this.

I checked (task manager > Startup ) and file explorer is not there. I disabled everything in startup, just to make sure.
    How do I stop this from occurring.
    Thanx

:)

knotian, Jul 6, 2016

2. File Explorer pops up on Startup automatically

Recently I noticed that, on startup, the File Explorer opens up automatically on startup. I checked the startup tab in the Task Manager but there was nothing related to File Explorer in it. I checked the Task Scheduler too to find something there but in
    vain. How do I prevent File Explorer from popping up automatically on startup??

ArunManuel, Jul 6, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 6, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

One thing to check is that you do not have the "restore previous folder windows at login" ticked.

File explorer automatically starts at startup. I do not want this. [​IMG]

philc43, Jul 6, 2016
  5. knotian Win User
    That has not been selected.
    Ed

knotian, Jul 6, 2016
  6. pyramid10 Win User
    What drive/folder is the explorer opening to? That should provide a clue?

pyramid10, Jul 7, 2016
  7. knotian Win User
    pyramid10
    After a restart, it does not do it any more. I'm not sure what happened -- but thanks for your help.
    Ed

knotian, Jul 7, 2016
  8. knotian Win User

Update - I found out what the problem is. I just updated to Windows 10. I was using Windows 7 for years. When 7 powers down it closes all open applications. I don't know if I have a bad setting somewhere, but 10 reopens the explorer if it was not closed prior to doing a power down or restart. I had not closed the explorer prior to shutting down.
    Ed

knotian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer automatically starts at startup. I do not want this. - Similar Threads - File explorer automatically

2. File explorer automatically opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer automatically opens: Yes, i would like to know how to stop my file explorer to open up whenever i open my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-automatically-opens/e46b39ed-2e4c-4647-a870-2a9f5d6355af
  3. File explorer automatically opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer automatically opens: Yes, i would like to know how to stop my file explorer to open up whenever i open my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-automatically-opens/e46b39ed-2e4c-4647-a870-2a9f5d6355af
  4. File explorer scrolls automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer scrolls automatically: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an...
  5. Explorer search not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer search not starting automatically: Over the last update one of the settings must have been changed because ever since then searching in the file explorer has become much clunkier than it used to be. It used to be that as soon as I started typing in the search bar the explorer would initiate a search...
  6. File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10: How do I prevent file explorer from opening automaticaly on startup in windows 10? File explorer is not listed in my task manager so I cannot disable it there....
  7. How do I prevent some automatic File Explorer columns?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent some automatic File Explorer columns?: [IMG] submitted by /u/rpeg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/joo5g9/how_do_i_prevent_some_automatic_file_explorer/
  8. How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically.

How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically.: How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically. * Original title: Bing * Moved from Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-bing-on-windows-10-startup-i-dont/7221dc95-1b87-44df-be3e-6093b0eb8a98
  9. Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Receive "How do you want to open this file" on startup: I have started receiving the message and pop-up "How do you want to open this file?" every time I start my computer. I have no idea what file might be causing this. Is there a way to find the file that might be causing problems or is there a way to reset the pop-up so that it...
  10. File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.: Hi all, I been having this problem for a while. When I boot up my PC and I get to the part of account login, loads my user automatically but the file explorer does not, just shows me a black screen. I can still do CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to bring the task manager...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer not start up when windows starts