Windows 10: File explorer chinese files names and phantom files.

Discus and support File explorer chinese files names and phantom files. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I launch file explorer and get the home view, it is showing a bunch of filenames in Chinese characters (see attached screenshot) which it says are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cormanaz, Aug 18, 2015.

1. cormanaz Win User

File explorer chinese files names and phantom files.

When I launch file explorer and get the home view, it is showing a bunch of filenames in Chinese characters (see attached screenshot) which it says are in the desktop folder. However there are no such files when I look at the desktop folder. WTF? I just ran MalwareBytes and it didn't find anything.
    File explorer chinese files names and phantom files. [​IMG]

:)

cormanaz, Aug 18, 2015

2. Chinese characters file and folder names cannot be displayed in windows 10 file explorer

The issue is with displaying MS office file names in Chinese (and folder names too) when I search for files using File Explorer, but the Chinese characters are displayed properly within the file once the files are opened. I tried searching for solutions
    including downloading windows Chinese character pack updates then rebooting, but none worked so far, can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Paul_Sun_Aus, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Chinese charcter display problem in a English Windows 10

Neither of the methods works.

For further information, it appears that the Chinese characters in menus, Start, notification center are all displayed correctly. The only exception is file names and folder names in File Explorer.

Chernovsky, Aug 18, 2015
  4. File explorer chinese files names and phantom files.

Hi There

I have exactly the same problem - any chance that you perhaps already found the solution?

cobusvdvyver, Aug 22, 2015
  5. cormanaz Win User
    Yeah according to this it could be a corrupted profile. I haven't tried it yet. If you do and it works please let me know.

cormanaz, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Thus far your solution seems to working: I created a new profile, accessed a couple of avi's and jpg's and the recents list seems to be working and in English. I am going to test it tonight and I will revert tomorrow with my findings.

Awesome - thank you for your help "cormanaz"

cobusvdvyver, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File explorer chinese files names and phantom files.

1. File explorer chinese files names and phantom files. - Similar Threads - File explorer chinese

2. Page File name in Chinese words.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page File name in Chinese words.: I'm just going through the system information and find that the Page File is with some Chinese words. C:\Windows\Ю I'm unable to locate it manually, is it a virus or malware, how to deal with it.System Configuration - Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz,...
  3. Page File name in Chinese words.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page File name in Chinese words.: I'm just going through the system information and find that the Page File is with some Chinese words. C:\Windows\Ю I'm unable to locate it manually, is it a virus or malware, how to deal with it.System Configuration - Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz,...
  4. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer: In File Explorer, how to search for any filename with a space before the period? * .* doesn't work -- returns all files.More generally, where are the syntax and other rules for searching in File Explorer?thanksK...
  5. FILE EXPLORER ADDS SYMBOLS TO FILE NAMES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE EXPLORER ADDS SYMBOLS TO FILE NAMES: Hi - hope someone can help. I was unable to get most of my photos to open and now I'm having the same problem with all files. The files I had named, such as,APPLE PIE, now reads ._APPLE PIE. In Photos, the icons and names of these files is usually faded and a message says...
  6. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing: Hello, I have run across this over and over again after some recent update with windows 10 - not sure what the heck is going on - but it's becoming increasingly annoying that every 5 out of 10 times i restart my computer I run across this. The file names in the File...
  7. Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files

Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files: Hi, I'm a translator and get sent a lot of files containing Chinese characters in the file name. If these files are sent to me in a zip folder, the file names get all messed up, e.g. "δ--⌐ε½.doc", after unzipping. Is there some way to stop this from happening? Do I need to...
  8. searching with file explorer for just file names

searching with file explorer for just file names: Name:XYZ file explorer will list filenames, folder names, shortcuts etc. NO. I just want filenames! How to do i get that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searching-with-file-explorer-for-just-file-names/733d9215-8cb9-49fc-ae2d-3559c6e1e642"
  9. Name in File Explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Name in File Explorer: Since doing a clean install, my name in File Explorer/Users has changed. It is neither my first nor second name, just the first 5 letters/numbers of my Microsoft login name. It used to show my surname in Windows 7. Is is it possible to change it, please? 24628
  10. File names in Left Panel of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    File names in Left Panel of File Explorer: A brief apology: I'm probably too old to mess with this stuff (pulling 80,) but I like to try. Please be patient with me, and ask for details if I am not stating my problem clearly. I have searched, but could not find this problem already discussed in this forum. I just...