Windows 10: File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details'

Discus and support File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I display a folder containing *.mpg video files and I switch to 'Details' view, file explorer crashes after a few moments. I've read online that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gboy, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Gboy Win User

File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details'

When I display a folder containing *.mpg video files and I switch to 'Details' view, file explorer crashes after a few moments. I've read online that this might be related to bad codecs on my machine. Is there a way to definitively test this or is there a trusted site where I can download an up-to-date set of comprehensive Codecs (with instructions on how to perform this Codec 'update')?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit and I use the VLC media player as my default program associated with video files.

:)

2. akkmok Win User

Windows Explorer keeps crashing after update

This helped with the problem but did not solve it completely for me.

I was able to open the directory with MPG files in File Explorer but as soon as I change the view from the default Large Icons to Details, it crashed.

akkmok, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Win 10 update causing Explorer to crash repeatedly

They are MPG movie files.

If I select them while the Preview Pane is open, they crash the Explorer immediately.

If I try to move or run them without the Preview Pane, they also crash Explorer.

Pete Antoniak

PeterAntoniak, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details'

1. File Explorer crashing in folder displaying mpg 'details' - Similar Threads - File Explorer crashing

2. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  3. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  4. Extract Details of files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extract Details of files in File Explorer: Hi Good MorningCan anyone explain the procedure to extract "TITTLE" of all the files in file explorer into excel formatRight side pane comes when we select 'Details" button under "View" option...
  5. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  6. Is there a way to hide the file or folders icon displayed in windows explorer's detail pane?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to hide the file or folders icon displayed in windows explorer's detail pane?: [ATTACH] I wanted to see if theres any method or app to hide the file or folders icon displayed in windows explorers detail pane. Here's a picture to show what I mean. I want windows not to show the icon of a file or folder in the details pane submitted by...
  7. File Explorer display issues, and then crashing.

File Explorer display issues, and then crashing.: I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talking about this online, because some of my colleagues had the same issue on the computers we have at work: Since a few weeks, the File Explorer on Windows 10 randomly decides not to display any thumbnails for files, making that browsing...
  8. MPG File transfer

MPG File transfer: Hi, I am transferring some old MPG files from a Windows 7 laptop to my Windows 10 laptop. The files transfer, but when I open them I get audio only, no video. Help...……. Guy...
  9. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......
  10. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags: I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details...