Windows 10: File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

Discus and support File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one? I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Terrypin Win User

File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one?

I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged.

File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it? [​IMG]

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Dec 3, 2016

2. Windows Explorer dates

I don't get a "sort by" option with right click on a file/folder. I do get it using the menus. Unfortunately I find it has no impact on the actual dates given in the File Explorer Columns. Whatever the column is call, the date is the date of the save-as
    from Outlook to File Explorer.

FrankSilkwood, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Photos app dates

I was looking at the file list in explorer, the only date column showing was date modified. I went back into explorer after receiving your reply and added date created to the columns showing and both date created and date modified had the 2100 date. Found
    a little utility called bulkfilechanger and was able to change both dates for all files in that album in a batch with a single action...NICE! Thanks for your reply.

BobMorrison, Dec 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member
  5. Terrypin Win User
    Terrypin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

1. File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Date

2. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  3. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  4. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  5. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. dates different for downloaded files in date column.

dates different for downloaded files in date column.: Every time I save a file, the dates column shows different dates for every file previous dates..., my laptop clock is accurate ... How do I resolve the issue???...
  7. File Explorer: Date

File Explorer: Date: In File Explorer what does Date mean in comparison to Date Modified or Date Created? What date information does it provide? It is the default date format listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-date/4614f159-9281-43d2-a1ea-3669f9a9abc0
  8. Replace Date column with Date Modified

in Windows 10 Support
    Replace Date column with Date Modified: I have a vague recollection that I may have asked this before and sorry if that’s the case, but I can find no trace. i simply want to ensure that when I open either an Explorer folder or an Open or Save As browse window then instead of a column called Date I get Date...
  9. date column

in Windows 10 Support
    date column: This morning I updated to the latest BitDefender and while doing so their instructions did not indicate to not select uninstall as the installer would complete this task automatically even though a message did pop up asking me to uninstall. I believe this was the reason for...
  10. Changing default Date column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default Date column in File Explorer: One change I dislike in Win 10 is the 'Date' column. This seems to be the same as Date Created, which I rarely want to see. By far the most useful date for me is Date Modified, which was the standard in XP. How do I set that as the column that will always appear in all...