Windows 10: File explorer defect - doesn't update Network share until Refresh

Discus and support File explorer defect - doesn't update Network share until Refresh in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there After latest updates File explorer doesn't show new files / directories added to a Network shared folder (from the server) until you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 13, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

File explorer defect - doesn't update Network share until Refresh

Hi there

After latest updates File explorer doesn't show new files / directories added to a Network shared folder (from the server) until you refresh manually the directory.

What I mean is if new files / directories / folders are added ON THE REMOTE SERVER either on the NAS itself or using another computer(not the one you are currently using for the file transfer to your phone etc) then the share on windows file explorer doesn't show these new files / directories unless you refresh file explorer. You can't always know when and if new files are added on the server so IMO this is a DEFECT. The new files should show automatically.

I wanted to copy some music to my Samsung Phone from my NAS server -- I had the shared directory OK in Windows, the music was added to the NAS server but I didn't get it in File explorer until I had refreshed the file explorer program then I could see the new music folders.

For network shared folders there really ought to be an automatic update if files are added on the remote NAS.

File explorer defect - doesn't update Network share until Refresh [​IMG]

Using W10 Pro x-64 (Retail version) with all latest updates applied

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 13, 2016
  2. GBITGlenn Win User

Windows 10 Explorer doesn't refresh after copying file off network share

I've seen tons of posts about Explorer not refreshing until you hit F5, however I haven't found any that specifically identify at least one of the causes.

I have a Windows 10 Pro "Creator's Update", with a drive mapped to an old SMB server. Everything works fine until I copy a file off that share, then starting with that file, Explorer will no longer refresh on any further file copies/deletes, etc - until
    you hit F5.

This has to be a bug. I'll save some lazy answers with the following facts:

- No it doesn't have a virus or malware, I do not need to scan. This is a fresh install.

- Running sfc /scannow or that other image fix utility does not work, because there's nothing corrupt to fix.

GBITGlenn, May 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 networking

Launch File Explorer on the Taskbar and click Network. You should see the other computer(s) appear in Network Explorer. If not, you’ll get prompted to Turn on network discovery and file sharing. Depending on the type of network connection, click the appropriate
    option. Press F5 on your keyboard or the refresh button in the Address bar for the window to populate with available computers and resources. If you are unable to connect to a computer on a network, ensure appropriate sharing settings are enabled. To do that,
    right-click your Network connection in the Notification Area and click Open Network and Sharing Center. Click Change advanced sharing setting. Make sure to enable these settings for each of the following: Private – Turn on network discovery (check Turn on
    automatic setup of network connected network devices) Turn on file and printer sharing Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections Guest or Public – Turn on network discovery Turn on file and printer sharing All Networks – Turn on password protected sharing
    Once these are enabled, try browsing again.

Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2016
Thema:

File explorer defect - doesn't update Network share until Refresh

1. File explorer defect - doesn't update Network share until Refresh - Similar Threads - File explorer defect

2. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  3. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  4. Windows File Explorer doesn't refreshes by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer doesn't refreshes by itself: When I create, delete or rename a file in a File Explorer window or even on my Desktop, I have to right-click> refresh every time. That's pretty annoying. How can I fix it? Here's a demonstration: https://media.giphy.com/media/50n2yO9plsMJZQXsCk/giphy.gif...
  5. File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.: I noticed that when I move a file for example on my desktop I can't see it unless I'll refresh by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking on refresh. Some weeks ago it did refresh automatically. Why it isn't happening right now? submitted by /u/zKyros_ [link]...
  6. File explorer search defective

File explorer search defective: Win 10 build 1990 file explorer search will return list of files if you input the correct name of the files you are looking for and if you enter only the first few characters of the file name it will return a list of every file with names beginning with those few characters...
  7. USB floppy drive doesn't show up until explorer is refreshed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB floppy drive doesn't show up until explorer is refreshed: I have a USB floppy drive that I connected to my Windows 10 laptop, when I was in the "This PC" folder, it would show up when I connected the drive. But today, it doesn't show up on "This PC", until I refresh the "This PC" window. I have not updated my Windows. I don't know...
  8. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  9. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  10. File explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer doesn't refresh automatically: hi guys i have some problem thats freaks me out!!! work on last updates , 64 bit every file i download to downloads folder i need to press f5 to see the file on top (list by date) i do some things.. like use some cmd commend to scan and fix all was great , change refresh...