Windows 10: File explorer, device and drives in "this computer"

Discus and support File explorer, device and drives in "this computer" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; in the "this computer " window pane on windows 10 , the place where you can choose your drives, my dads computer has got a glitch where the drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by biftek, Oct 17, 2016.

1. biftek Win User

File explorer, device and drives in "this computer"

in the "this computer " window pane on windows 10 , the place where you can choose your drives, my dads computer has got a glitch where the drives disappear in the drop down menu , when you click the arrow they appear

to me it is no hassle , but to him the sky is falling , so to save my sanity does anyone know how to get rid of the drop down menu style so that the drives are in view all the time

File explorer, device and drives in "this computer" [​IMG]

----- i did make a thread previously , but it was moved to drivers and hardware , my question is neither driver nor hardware problem

:)

biftek, Oct 17, 2016

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Oct 17, 2016
  3. okinawa---01, Oct 17, 2016
  4. VBJP Win User

If I understand correctly you want to disable group by Type in "This Computer" folder

If that's what you want just right click anywhere in empty space on "This computer" window and in context menu select Group by>(none)
    Then views like Devices and drives, folders etc will be gone everything will be in single list not grouped.

5. biftek Win User
    yep i know about that , but as he is used to the placement i don't want to change it , i just want to get rid of the drop down

biftek, Oct 17, 2016
  6. VBJP Win User
    only simple solution i know is to group by none. there may be other more difficult solutions involving regedit or some plugins.

7. biftek Win User
    i'm quite comfortable at registry hacks , so if anyone knows of one , please share

biftek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer, device and drives in "this computer" - Similar Threads - File explorer device

2. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  3. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  4. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Drive Seen By Device Manager But Not By Explorer

Drive Seen By Device Manager But Not By Explorer: Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1766 StarTech USB drive connector HGST HUS724040ALE60 SATA 6 The drive shows up in Device Manage but not in Explorer. I need it in Explorer so I can format, partition and use it. How do I troubleshoot this?...
  6. Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer: I have a sandisk ultra flash drive that I made the mistake of plugging into a printer so that it could scan files directly on to it. I should have known better as printers always find a way to make your job harder, but, it ended up corrupting the flash drive and now I'm stuck...
  7. Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer: I have a sandisk ultra flash drive that I made the mistake of plugging into a printer so that it could scan files directly on to it. I should have known better as printers always find a way to make your job harder, but, it ended up corrupting the flash drive and now I'm stuck...
  8. Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer

9. File Explorer Won't Show USB Devices and Drives

File Explorer Won't Show USB Devices and Drives: So, I have an issue with USB's and Drives. When I go to plug it in it makes the sound that it was connected but nothing shows in File Explorer, but it shows in Device Manager and it can't be accessed there. The USB ports aren't faulty as my Keyboard and Mouse connect just...
  10. CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.

CD/DVD Drive Missing in File Explorer And Device Manager.: Hi, title says it all. I'm having problems with my computer CD/DvD drive where its not shown in File Explorer As (D: ) or even shown in Device Manager. I have tried inserting a disk and ejecting it out and it works fine. However the drive is just missing from the computer....