Windows 10: File Explorer, different results for search then all folders set for

Discus and support File Explorer, different results for search then all folders set for in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have set all folders and subsfolders to view DETAILS - no matter what I do and I have spend three days searching for the answer - I cannot get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by p23185, Feb 15, 2017.

1. p23185 Win User

File Explorer, different results for search then all folders set for

I have set all folders and subsfolders to view DETAILS - no matter what I do and I have spend three days searching for the answer - I cannot get a search result in Win 10 File explorer to show anything but the attached view. The search only always comes back with "Content" view when I only want DETAIL view in all viewing of file explorer.

What am I not getting????

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...psyyqm7ntn.jpg

:)

p23185, Feb 15, 2017

2. Search results (for Settings) in different language

Hey.

I was facing an MUI issue in Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (Version 1607, Build 14393.2007) after installing the german language pack.

The issue seems to apear (after googling) also on other editions of windows but mainly on 1607.

After installing i have set up the default language for Current User, New Users & Login Screen to the new de-DE language pack.

The UI language changed correctly.

The issue is that the Search results was still english than!

Example: Searching for "probl" (first chars for german word Problembehandlung) find english results:

File Explorer, different results for search then all folders set for [​IMG]

Have Tried many sugestions from other Thread like: Search results in different language

This was:

• manual Rebuild the search index -> issue not solved
    • scf /scannow, DISM -> all with no errors -> issue not solved
    • De-/Reinstalling the de-DE language pack -> issue not solved
    • Change Language, Region settings back and forth -> issue not solved
    • ...and many other things...
    Nothing solved the issue until i became an tip of my OEM partner, that this is a known issue and there is a workaround which FINALLY solved the issue for me. Here is the info:

Workaround:

• Run “mcbuilder” from an admin command prompt, give it about a minute or so, then restart explorer. Give it another 2-3 minutes.
      • Navigate to %localappdata%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState and verify it is not empty.
      • Navigate to %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\DeviceSearchCache\ has SettingsCache.txt that is not empty.
      • Try searching for settings from settings app and cortana.

Lösung von Microsoft:

Summary:

The initial issue happens because a scheduled task called LPRemove gets falsely executed once an additional MUI gets installed. Thus removes accidently also

important resources for Search to function correctly. Once this task has completed unfortunately there is no other option than to rebuild the MUI components by

using MCBuilder. The false setting for that task came due to an error in the Language Pack Setup executable manifest which created the same.

Resolution:

This issue does not happen with all versions greater than Windows 10 LTSB 2016. To prevent the task on LTSB 2016 there is an easy way in editing the LPRemove

task configuration.

• Navigate to “C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\MUI” and open the Security Properties of LPRemove file to take admin ownership.
    • Edit the following part of that file with example Notepad
    <MaintenanceSettings>

<Period>P3D</Period>

<Deadline>P4D</Deadline>

<Exclusive>true</Exclusive> ::: this needs to be set to
    false

• Save the file.
    • Change the Security back to System ownership.

These steps should prevent that this task damages new MUI pack installation and also there will be no more need to run MCBuilder.

The Solution didnt solved the issue but the Workaround FINALLY does!

Hope this helps others facing this issue

Tobais

TobiasDiendorfer, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Search Results

I would like to see all my search results in a folder.

Typing in the search area on the taskbar only results in a few results.

Last week while I was still using Windows 7, a search from the taskbar gave me the option of seeing all the results in a folder.

I know I can search from File Explorer, but that's kind of a big process as compared to typing in a few keywords, right?

Hoping there's some way to quickly find things on my new computer by viewing the results in a folder. Hope I was clear, and thanks for answering.

JMC11272017, Feb 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 15, 2017
  5. p23185 Win User
    Thank you you for pointing out the other two posts. HOWEVER setting it as you pointed out does NOT work on my macjome. The very next search again, perhaps in a different folder, shows the CONTENT view even though I applied the previous detail view changes to all folders the DETAIL view.

Is the solution that I will have to go to every single folder on my PC and set it separately and apply it?? That will take days, weeks. I checked on my NAS drive only (which is one of 5 drives on my PC) and it has over 67,000 files in over 1,600 folders (and still calculating).

Win 10 Pro, 64 bit updated through Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3211320) - file/windows explorer does not work like every single other Win version since Win 95 - and I have used them all with the exception of Win ME.

p23185, Feb 20, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Make a shortcut from ms-search: C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{9343812e-1c37-4a49-a12e-4b2d810d956b} and use it as the pilot folder for a your searches. Set the view and you're good to go.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer, different results for search then all folders set for - Similar Threads - File Explorer different

2. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  3. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  4. W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results": Many times the Win10 File Explorer works fine, but some times it returns "No results" even if there are obvious matches in the list. Repeating the search does not help. Changing to other directories and doing different searches sometimes works, and sometimes returning to...
  5. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search results in a dropdown window: Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box) Its...
  6. File explorer sort search results by relevance

File explorer sort search results by relevance: How could I sort the search results in file explorer by relevance to the syntax phrase that I wrote in the search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-sort-search-results-by-relevance/f70d3cbe-21b8-47fe-97d7-05071ad222ae
  7. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  8. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  9. Search results of settings and control panel are in different language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search results of settings and control panel are in different language: I'm from Belgium, so my Windows 10 is in Dutch. To try something, I changed the display langugae to English. Everything was English, no problem. But when I changed it back to Dutch, everything changed back to Dutch except the search results of settings and control panel....
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...