Windows 10: File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

Discus and support File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wrecklesstechn0, Jun 1, 2018.

1. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

Hi! This is my first thread post.

I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read "140" when I knew there were over 15,000 files in there.

It does the same thing for all of the other folders (subgenres) within the main folder (electronic music). Other folders located in the same folder as my (electronic music) folder have been unaffected, and I'm thinking it is because I have not accessed them as recently as the (electronic music) folder. So something happened today or in the last couple days - all I've done is download music from SoulSeek as I've done for years, and sort it into folders on my external drive using File Explorer.

I was about to backup my files from this hard drive onto another drive - but now I'm afraid that if there is corruption, it could spread onto the other drive. I want to find a solution first before I make a horrible mistake, as I've been known to do because I'm often very technologically reckless and naive.

That's it in a nutshell - please help! Thank you.

:)

wrecklesstechn0, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info for Certain Folders

Welcome to TenForums @wrecklesstechn0

The thing you have to remember about File Explorer is that it will only list in Properties the files and folders you have permission for. You can easily demonstrate this if you have more than one user account on your PC. Look in C:\Users at the properties of the user folder for another user account, it will say 0 files.

I suspect that over time you have added to this collection from a number of different accounts and/or using a number of different PCs. It's most likely to be the permissions, but if you want to be sure there's no corruption then open a Command Prompt (Admin) and run (using the appropriate drive letter instead of 'G:') the command;
    CHKDSK /F G:

(on a 4TB drive it may take a while to run)

3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

Displaying the Comments Property for FLAC files

Is there something special about a FLAC file that prevents Windows 10 File Explorer from displaying the contents of the Comments Property?

I am using the Comments Property field to log the catalogue numbers of my digitised record collection. When I view MP3 files with File Explorer, it displays the contents of the comments field along with the title, artist, track no, etc. However, if I convert
    the files to FLAC format, the properties remain except for the comments that now appear blank. But, if I convert the files back to MP3 then the comments reappear. So it seems that the Comments Property data is saved but File Explorer is unable to display it.

Do I have File Explorer installed and set up correctly?

Is there a problem with File Explorer itself?

Any advice gratefully received.

Mark

WirelessValve, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

1. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info - Similar Threads - File Explorer Displaying

2. File Explorer Properties are indicating wrong information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Properties are indicating wrong information: let me try my best to accurately explain the situation from my layman’s perspective, meaning, I am no computer expert and know enough to be a danger to myself. Also, I will try to be descripted as I can, however, I encourage you to analyze the entire post; as there may be...
  3. File Explorer Properties are indicating wrong information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Properties are indicating wrong information: let me try my best to accurately explain the situation from my layman’s perspective, meaning, I am no computer expert and know enough to be a danger to myself. Also, I will try to be descripted as I can, however, I encourage you to analyze the entire post; as there may be...
  4. Wrong file size in Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong file size in Properties: Hello, I have a 4GB folder that is reported as 4TB in file explorer properties. I see this was an issue first reported in 2018. I'm running widows 10 pro 21H2.I've run several scans and fixed corrupted files as recommended in earlier posts with no luck.Is this really still a...
  5. Wrong file size in Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong file size in Properties: Hello, I have a 4GB folder that is reported as 4TB in file explorer properties. I see this was an issue first reported in 2018. I'm running widows 10 pro 21H2.I've run several scans and fixed corrupted files as recommended in earlier posts with no luck.Is this really still a...
  6. How to eliminate the default graphical display of properties info in File Explorer

How to eliminate the default graphical display of properties info in File Explorer: File Explorer shows the properties of the file or folder within which it is working at the right side of the display. I believe this started showing up after a recent Windows update. For me, this adds no value to the display and only serves to take up space. It's essentially...
  7. File explorer shows wrong info in pc view.

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer shows wrong info in pc view.: Why would file explorer show usb and dvd when there isn't loaded? [img] What it shows as there is the two flowers from and earlier view,.in which the usb was there. This shows even after a reboot. 138444
  8. wrong info displayed on c drive

wrong info displayed on c drive: So, on my c drive i have about 100 giga bytes, and of course i have used a lot of that, but today, the drive showed up as 225mb left, then i refreshed the file explorer and it said 2gb left, why does this occour?...
  9. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info for Certain Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info for Certain Folders: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  10. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags: I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 folder properties size wrong

2. file properties displaying wrong info

3. windows explorer folder properties incorrect