File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

Discus and support File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wrecklesstechn0, Jun 1, 2018.

1. wrecklesstechn0 Win User

Hi! This is my first thread post.

I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read "140" when I knew there were over 15,000 files in there.

It does the same thing for all of the other folders (subgenres) within the main folder (electronic music). Other folders located in the same folder as my (electronic music) folder have been unaffected, and I'm thinking it is because I have not accessed them as recently as the (electronic music) folder. So something happened today or in the last couple days - all I've done is download music from SoulSeek as I've done for years, and sort it into folders on my external drive using File Explorer.

I was about to backup my files from this hard drive onto another drive - but now I'm afraid that if there is corruption, it could spread onto the other drive. I want to find a solution first before I make a horrible mistake, as I've been known to do because I'm often very technologically reckless and naive.

That's it in a nutshell - please help! Thank you.

:)

wrecklesstechn0, Jun 1, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info - Similar Threads - File Explorer Displaying

1. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info for Certain Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info for Certain Folders: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  2. File explorer is displaying stale drive data

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer is displaying stale drive data: One of my hard drives began to develop bad sectors according to SMART so I decided to replace that one and one other to be safe. During this process I shut down and restarted the PC several times as I was transferring data etc. Now, when I start file explorer it sometimes...
  3. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......
  4. File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel: Hello, When I open the file explorer of Windows 10, the side panel is like this: [img] Any ideas on why it occurs and how to solve it? 102492
  5. Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns

in Windows 10 Support
    Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns: I would like every folder in File Explorer have the exact same view; General Items (okay easily done) Detailed view (easily done) Columns Displayed (only Name and Date Modified) - Obviously I can change the columns after entering a folder for the first time, but I...
  6. File Explorer does not display embedded album art in FLAC files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer does not display embedded album art in FLAC files: I do remember clearly that in Windows 8.1, I was able to see embedded album art in FLAC files in File (Windows) Explorer. But after Windows 10 got here, this stopped. I can only see them in MP3 files. Did something happen to this functionality? Can anyone confirm this (or...
  7. 1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other

in Windows 10 Support
    1607 caused problems with displaying taskbar, file explorer and other: After upgrading to 1607 all these strange problems occurred as you can see on the screenshots below. Do you have any idea how to fix it? [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 89511
File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info solved