Windows 10: File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel

Discus and support File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I open the file explorer of Windows 10, the side panel is like this: [img] Any ideas on why it occurs and how to solve it? 102492 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fiftyfive, Jan 15, 2018.

1. fiftyfive Win User

File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel

Hello,

When I open the file explorer of Windows 10, the side panel is like this:

File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel [​IMG]

Any ideas on why it occurs and how to solve it?

:)

fiftyfive, Jan 15, 2018
  2. Amorotor Win User

Windows 10 - critical error message

If your mouse works and you have access to a desktop file folder, use the search feature (upper right side) inside the file folder to navigate to the control panel (type in "control panel"). Start by resetting your search to the source drive for Windows
    (usually CFile Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel :) then typing in the search word. You will see several icons display that say "Control Panel". Click on one icons for the Control Panel. You can then go to System and Security to start troubleshooting your system.

Amorotor, Jan 15, 2018
  3. idigweeds Win User
    add a top level folder to My PC in Windows 10

Not exactly what I was looking for. When you open File Explorer, the program shows two areas... one is the smaller Navigation pane on the left side of the window. On the right is a larger area divided into two categories, what I choose to call 'top level'
    folders for the lack of a better name, and then a group of drive icons. What I want to do is add additional top level folders to this view. I created several additional folders at the same location on the hard drive as the existing top level folders, but
    these do not appear in the top level folders area as displayed in My PC in File Explorer. Is there any way I can get the folders I created to appear here?

idigweeds, Jan 15, 2018
  4. File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel

If those duplicated folders are located under the Quick Access you can right click any folder you want to remove and select Unpin from Quick Access from context menu.

FreeBooter, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel

1. File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel - Similar Threads - File Explorer displays

2. File Explorer: can't get files in sub folders to adopt same display/view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: can't get files in sub folders to adopt same display/view: File Explorer:Files view is currently "detailed" and I want all files in sub folders to be "list" view. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-cant-get-files-in-sub-folders-to/a0b96376-f719-4b51-af9a-27cb89cda91b
  3. CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel: How to CLOSE Right side panel in File Explorer? On 4/2020 SusieBartz asked this question, however Paulo GM's response to Click View > Click Details is incorrect.MSFT sent an update Now, it changed my File Explorer by adding this panel and following Paulo's response does...
  4. CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel: How to CLOSE Right side panel in File Explorer? On 4/2020 SusieBartz asked this question, however Paulo GM's response to Click View > Click Details is incorrect.MSFT sent an update Now, it changed my File Explorer by adding this panel and following Paulo's response does...
  5. CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File Explorer Displaying Different View Mode for the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Different View Mode for the Same Folder: Hi I have been moving the Users directory from the C drive (SystemDrive) to another drive for several years now ever since Windows 7. I initially discovered a Windows 7 tutorial that involved changing a Registry entry to move the `ProfilesDirectory` on an existing Windows...
  7. The same browser several times?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The same browser several times?: Hey question may sound stupid at first but it would be of use for me | question: how do I get Firefox on my pc several times, i.e. the browsers are completely separated from each other although it is the same as if I had 2 PCs :) very simple I fail but it is possible to do...
  8. file explorer showing multiple same thing side tab

file explorer showing multiple same thing side tab: I am getting multiple of the same iCloud photos icon on the side tab of file explorer how do i get rid of them? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-showing-multiple-same-thing-side-tab/ebf2a4af-5a0d-4231-9410-3f316cd31e88
  9. Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.

Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.: Recently I noticed that there were some new files/folders that popped up in my D: drive, which i only used for games and other big files. The new folders were “system” “system64” and “mono”. The new file was “mono.msi”. All of these were created at the exact same time on...
  10. File Explorer not displaying left panel, and folders take me to other places.

File Explorer not displaying left panel, and folders take me to other places.: Today I had a problem, when I opened a folder from my desktop it didn't take me to that folder, it took me to the desktop folder. And the left panel wasn't showing, even when I activated the option. I think it was QTTaBar, but it is really useful and I don't really want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folders appear multiple times in left side of file explorer