Windows 10: File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.

Discus and support File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am posting this here under General Discussion since it is so spooky as to almost be a Twilight Zone thing. We have a 3-computer local/home network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARYLIOA, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ARYLIOA Win User

File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.

I am posting this here under General Discussion since it is so spooky as to almost be a Twilight Zone thing.

We have a 3-computer local/home network with all dynamic data stored on a network drive. We use File Explorer frequently. Six or seven times since upgrading to W10, folders have gone missing. After each event, I have caught/found the missing folders in other locations in the directory tree. The network has not changed since 2008 and the problem never occurred with WXP, Vista, or W7, all using Windows Explorer, of course.

I have been blaming my wife for sloppy mouse-work (ya gotta blame someone) but she obviously hadn't done this kind of thing for 7 years. Last night I looked in a sub-folder for a particular file. Ten minutes later, I looked for it again and the folder was missing. I did a search and it was now located as a sub-folder in another sub-folder. They have never been gone, only moved in the tree.

I sure would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

(I did a search for File Explorer but there are so many pages of hits I just caved and did this post. The hits for "missing folders", "folders moved", etc., produced nothing similar. Please let me know if there is a relevant thread that I have just missed.)

:)

ARYLIOA, Oct 6, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Win10 Auto Updates emptied my Libraries

Meal, yes, Check Disk must have found an issue with you drive structure and moved all the files into FOUND.000. This is a behavior that no one understands and has never been able to restore files from The bad news is, if the method below did not work,
    then you will not be able to recover your files, I am sorry Launch Windows Explorer. Right-click one of the folders on your D Drive (e.g. the Photos folder) that has files missing Click 'Restore previous version' If file history is turned on, you should be
    able to restore the files in that folder

DaveM121, Oct 6, 2015
  3. SteveG47 Win User
    trying to restore files that disappeared when I installed windows 10.

Open file explorer and look for a folder named "Windows.old" in the root of c: . If found open the folder and see if your missing files are there. The folder may be there is u did an
    upgrade to Windows 10.

SteveG47, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.

1. File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved. - Similar Threads - File Explorer Folders

2. windows 11 file explorer missing move button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 file explorer missing move button: I got a new computer with windows 11 and I use the file explorer a lot to move pictures and files from my phone to an external hard drive. There is no Move button now in the new version, Why would Microsoft get rid of this. In one move I used to be able to move and delete...
  3. Win11 File Explorer not moving multiple folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 File Explorer not moving multiple folders: When I select more than one folder to move either cut and paste or drag and drop, Explorer will move the first folder but leave the other selected folders. I can move multiple files with no issues. I can delete multiple folders / files with no issues. My work around is to...
  4. Win11 File Explorer not moving multiple folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 File Explorer not moving multiple folders: When I select more than one folder to move either cut and paste or drag and drop, Explorer will move the first folder but leave the other selected folders. I can move multiple files with no issues. I can delete multiple folders / files with no issues. My work around is to...
  5. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing: Hello, I have run across this over and over again after some recent update with windows 10 - not sure what the heck is going on - but it's becoming increasingly annoying that every 5 out of 10 times i restart my computer I run across this. The file names in the File...
  6. moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer

moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer: How can you move a picture within the same folder ? I used to be able to just click & drag and now that does not work...I want to manually move the pictures...
  7. File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder

File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder: Hello, File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder than are present under C:\Users\billf How can I fix "This PC" folder? Thanks, Bill Fee...
  8. Folders Missing in Explorer

Folders Missing in Explorer: I opened up file explorer this morning and on my D drive, only my photos folder was visible. Six other folders seem to be missing. I checked a few recent files through excel and word and I could open them up without any problem. In the applications, when I look for a recent...
  9. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"
  10. Chkdsk "found" folder missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk "found" folder missing: Hi, I moved files to my external hard drive at work and I can't see them on my home PC. I ran a chkdsk in Command Prompt and it shows the following: 39 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Lost and found is located at \found.005 The problem is that I can't...