Windows 10: File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.

Discus and support File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am posting this here under General Discussion since it is so spooky as to almost be a Twilight Zone thing. We have a 3-computer local/home network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARYLIOA, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ARYLIOA Win User

File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.

I am posting this here under General Discussion since it is so spooky as to almost be a Twilight Zone thing.

We have a 3-computer local/home network with all dynamic data stored on a network drive. We use File Explorer frequently. Six or seven times since upgrading to W10, folders have gone missing. After each event, I have caught/found the missing folders in other locations in the directory tree. The network has not changed since 2008 and the problem never occurred with WXP, Vista, or W7, all using Windows Explorer, of course.

I have been blaming my wife for sloppy mouse-work (ya gotta blame someone) but she obviously hadn't done this kind of thing for 7 years. Last night I looked in a sub-folder for a particular file. Ten minutes later, I looked for it again and the folder was missing. I did a search and it was now located as a sub-folder in another sub-folder. They have never been gone, only moved in the tree.

I sure would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

(I did a search for File Explorer but there are so many pages of hits I just caved and did this post. The hits for "missing folders", "folders moved", etc., produced nothing similar. Please let me know if there is a relevant thread that I have just missed.)

:)

ARYLIOA, Oct 6, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Win10 Auto Updates emptied my Libraries

Meal, yes, Check Disk must have found an issue with you drive structure and moved all the files into FOUND.000. This is a behavior that no one understands and has never been able to restore files from The bad news is, if the method below did not work,
    then you will not be able to recover your files, I am sorry Launch Windows Explorer. Right-click one of the folders on your D Drive (e.g. the Photos folder) that has files missing Click 'Restore previous version' If file history is turned on, you should be
    able to restore the files in that folder

DaveM121, Oct 6, 2015
  3. SteveG47 Win User
    trying to restore files that disappeared when I installed windows 10.

Open file explorer and look for a folder named "Windows.old" in the root of c: . If found open the folder and see if your missing files are there. The folder may be there is u did an
    upgrade to Windows 10.

SteveG47, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.

1. File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved. - Similar Threads - File Explorer Folders

2. Folder names are missing after moving the folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder names are missing after moving the folder: I work with photos and pictures on my Windows 10 laptop. Recently I created a folder and moved other photo folders there. But I found that these folders are missing folder names, just their names are still there. Before moving all of them had folder names. When I got then...
  3. Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found: I cannot delete my old school's OneDrive for Business folder because I completely uninstalled the OneDrive for Business Application. Now every time on startup and at random times I receive a pop up telling me the Synced Folder cannot be found. I have tried to find the...
  4. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"
  5. Moving Files to Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Files to Explorer: I've always moved files from Windows Live Mail by dragging them into Explorer, now I get this message, also happened trying to move files from my phone (android) [img] 116223
  6. File in explorer can't be found to delete

in Windows 10 Support
    File in explorer can't be found to delete: Hi all, I have a really bizarre problem with a file that I can't open, delete, rename, or move. I basically can't touch it. I believe the file was created by our Aperture Card scanning software and that it was supposed to be a scan. Said software may have somehow created...
  7. Chkdsk "found" folder missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk "found" folder missing: Hi, I moved files to my external hard drive at work and I can't see them on my home PC. I ran a chkdsk in Command Prompt and it shows the following: 39 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Lost and found is located at \found.005 The problem is that I can't...
  8. Moved files gone missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved files gone missing: I got a new laptop today which came with Windows 10 which I've never used before, so everything's still very new to me. I've been trying to move files off my previous laptop which runs Windows 7. I've spent a few hours collecting everything I need onto an ext. hard drive,...
  9. Missing Folders and Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Folders and Files: I upgraded to Windows 10 last week. I had folders and some files missing right away. I went into the "Old Windows" folder and nothing was there. Also, I couldn't go back to Windows 7 or a previous system restore because an error is all that would come up. Now, after shutting...
  10. Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start: Hopefully someone can help. I've found repeatedly (across four separate installations) that in Windows 10 the Folders and files I have Pinned in Quick Access disappear from the Submenu in Start after a while (see screenshot). [img] I've tried everything I can think...