Windows 10: File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

Discus and support File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Graywuhllf, Aug 9, 2015.

1. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not being able to see picture thumbnails is a pain. I turned thumbnails on for the Pictures folder only and the never ending green ribbon is back. Possibly a related problem: with thumbnails off (or on) if I left click on a video file in the Videos volder, file explorer hangs and I have to end it with Task Manager.

I have heard that by ending the dllhost.exe process/service, the green ribbon goes away, but so does W10 security and stability.

Suggestions on how to fix are appreciated.

Without a properworking File Explorer, W10 is not really a suitable OS.

:)

Graywuhllf, Aug 9, 2015

2. About ribbon service!

See
    http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-disable-ribbon-file-explorer-windows-10-or-windows-81

Copy/paste:

How to get back the ribbon menu in File Explorer, in Windows 10 and Windows 8.1

If, after a while, you have changed your mind and you want the ribbon back on your
    File Explorer , run the Ribbon disabler executable once more. This time however, click or tap on the
    “Enable Ribbon Explorer” button.

File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death [​IMG]

Log off and then see the default File Explorer brought back, just as Microsoft intended it to be, with the ribbon included.

Jsssssssss, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Uninstalling Chromium for Windows 10

On Dave, when I did a search I only saw File Explorer....not Windows File Explorer. And I didn't see ribbon. What is ribbon?

VivianFarmer, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

1. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death - Similar Threads - File Explorer Green

2. Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer: [ATTACH] I have restricted access to folder options but still, there is Hidden Items Checkbox in the ribbon which is working. How can I restrict it or remove it from the ribbon?...
  3. Green screen of death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Green screen of death: My computer had done an upgrade back in November and I could not use the pc for quite some time. I had to go in and roll back to a previous version of the Windows 10. Has anyone else run into this issue?...
  4. Green Screen of Death on shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green Screen of Death on shutdown: My Windows Insider pc is displaying the Green Screen of Death when I shut it down. Error code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen-of-death-on-shutdown/edb3009c-2391-43f1-a905-8330eee5e00a"
  5. Missing Explorer Ribbon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Explorer Ribbon.: I have no explorer ribbon and not sure what happened to it. Been rather busy lately with other things, so maybe it was never there on install and didn't take notice... not sure. I just know it's not there now. Any help greatly appreciated. 115512
  6. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956
  7. Green progress bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green progress bar in File Explorer: I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it identifies the location. I noticed there in the search bar it shows where it is going: "search (J:) Jack" as an example. How...
  8. Green ribbon of death on W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Green ribbon of death on W10: Well, the problem begins when image/video thumbnails disappear, so, we can just see the icons. Then, if you open a folder, some folders inside haven't icons, as some files. To finish the problem, Files Explorer gets a green ribbon of death: can't load at all. It doesn't...
  9. I am experiencing the green ribbon of death for the first time

in Windows 10 Support
    I am experiencing the green ribbon of death for the first time: I got a brand new laptop a couple months ago (Dell I558 with Windows 10) and am experiencing the green ribbon of death. It only started happening in the past two weeks when I plug in a new 2tb external which is almost full now (got it a month ago). What do I need to check to...
  10. Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10: Thank you. modifying the registry seems to have worked. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to turn off this execrable UI nuisance? 42982