Windows 10: File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

Discus and support File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Graywuhllf, Aug 9, 2015.

1. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not being able to see picture thumbnails is a pain. I turned thumbnails on for the Pictures folder only and the never ending green ribbon is back. Possibly a related problem: with thumbnails off (or on) if I left click on a video file in the Videos volder, file explorer hangs and I have to end it with Task Manager.

I have heard that by ending the dllhost.exe process/service, the green ribbon goes away, but so does W10 security and stability.

Suggestions on how to fix are appreciated.

Without a properworking File Explorer, W10 is not really a suitable OS.

:)

Graywuhllf, Aug 9, 2015

2. About ribbon service!

See
    http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-disable-ribbon-file-explorer-windows-10-or-windows-81

Copy/paste:

How to get back the ribbon menu in File Explorer, in Windows 10 and Windows 8.1

If, after a while, you have changed your mind and you want the ribbon back on your
    File Explorer , run the Ribbon disabler executable once more. This time however, click or tap on the
    “Enable Ribbon Explorer” button.

File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death [​IMG]

Log off and then see the default File Explorer brought back, just as Microsoft intended it to be, with the ribbon included.

Jsssssssss, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Uninstalling Chromium for Windows 10

On Dave, when I did a search I only saw File Explorer....not Windows File Explorer. And I didn't see ribbon. What is ribbon?

VivianFarmer, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

1. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death - Similar Threads - File Explorer Green

2. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  3. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  4. "move to" function on File Explorer ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "move to" function on File Explorer ribbon: i want to have the "move to" function back on my File Explorer ribbon menu. help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-to-function-on-file-explorer-ribbon/e6570124-d6c1-4c0f-ac4f-5fe2f936b6ea
  5. Green ribbon and slow windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Green ribbon and slow windows explorer: Every time I open windows explorer it locks up my whole PC for several minutes while it does *something* that involves a green status ribbon filling the address bar. If I leave it sitting on "This PC" it sometimes does it again and again. I do not care what service Windows...
  6. File explorer ribbon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer ribbon missing: I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is just missing. I looked through a few old forum posts on here, but they suggest opening the drop down menu at the top, which is also somehow missing for me. Attached a screenshot. Any help would be...
  7. File Explorer ribbon is blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  8. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956
  9. Green ribbon of death on W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Green ribbon of death on W10: Well, the problem begins when image/video thumbnails disappear, so, we can just see the icons. Then, if you open a folder, some folders inside haven't icons, as some files. To finish the problem, Files Explorer gets a green ribbon of death: can't load at all. It doesn't...
  10. I am experiencing the green ribbon of death for the first time

in Windows 10 Support
    I am experiencing the green ribbon of death for the first time: I got a brand new laptop a couple months ago (Dell I558 with Windows 10) and am experiencing the green ribbon of death. It only started happening in the past two weeks when I plug in a new 2tb external which is almost full now (got it a month ago). What do I need to check to...