Windows 10: File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

Discus and support File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks. A much better workround. Now I have full size icons again. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BillPierce, Jul 31, 2015.

1. FrancisB Win User

File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

Thanks. A much better workround. Now I have full size icons again.

FrancisB, Nov 30, 2015
  2. dang065 Win User

I know this is really old but I figured it out, hide both task view and Cortana/Search. Stops the icons from hiding completely.

dang065, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

1. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar - Similar Threads - File Explorer icon

2. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  3. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  4. Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.: When I turn the computer on this morning, and looked what happened to this, Icons on desktop, taskbar and file explorer are gone. Also, I cannot open the properties for any file on the computer. This gives me a headache and frustrated.LOOK AT THIS PICTUREFirst, Is there's a...
  5. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons for File Explorer: I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through. For example, if I'm looking at my...
  6. File Explorer icon on TASKBAR

File Explorer icon on TASKBAR: I clicked "something" and the File Explorer icon has disappeared. Can't find how to reactivate and pin it to the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/aa43e35f-8e49-4f9f-b66b-7465e1862762
  7. Battery icon disappearing from taskbar

Battery icon disappearing from taskbar: My battery icon on the taskbar disappeared recently. I searched the internet and found several options for fixes here: https://tinyurl.com/y4mvv3cu Method 3 worked and the battery icon was restored. It's been fine for the past few days, then all of a sudden it disappeared...
  8. File Explorer Icon from Taskbar disappears after added to domain.

File Explorer Icon from Taskbar disappears after added to domain.: I have an issue where the file explorer icon disappears from the Taskbar once I add a computer to the domain. It is located in our default domain policy as soon as its added to the domain, but i cant see any policy that has to do with Startup or Taskbar settings. Can someone...
  9. Battery icon disappeared from taskbar

Battery icon disappeared from taskbar: My battery icon has gone and when I go to taskbar settings , the icon for Dell audio is showing as battery ??? Can anyone explain or help please? Thankyou...
  10. file explorer icon on taskbar

file explorer icon on taskbar: My "file explorer icon" has disappeared from my taskbar. don't know how or when. where do I find it or how do I put it back there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/393db9be-718c-4052-92b0-e76ac3d3052c