Windows 10: File explorer issue in windows 10, always refreshing in any folder.

Discus and support File explorer issue in windows 10, always refreshing in any folder. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the worst problem i am facing in windows 10. File explorer always refreshing while refresh don't work at all, In any folder it's starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vkr, Oct 14, 2015.

1. VKR
    vkr Win User

File explorer issue in windows 10, always refreshing in any folder.

This is the worst problem i am facing in windows 10. File explorer always refreshing while refresh don't work at all, In any folder it's starts refreshing green line never stops and never completes once it starts. The worst part if I stop refreshing and come to this pc it starts showing "working on it". please help me on this issue*cry*cry

:)

2. CF1234 Win User

Page Refreshes and Right Click Options Menu Disappears When Right Click On Files and Folders in File Explorer

Hi,

When I click on File Explorer, then open any of the folders inside File Explorer (e.g. Desktop, Documents, Downloads etc). And then right click on any files or folders inside (Desktop, Documents, Downloads etc) I cannot select an option as the page seems
    to refresh and the option menu quickly disappears.

What is the issue, and how can it be fixed?

I am using Windows 10.

Thanks

CF1234, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Auto refreshing in Windows 10 file explorer in every two second

No ideas then... other than troubleshooting using Process Monitor and going through the thousands of entries it generates when the folder refresh happens. If you're interested, get

Process Monitor
    from Windows SysInternals.

And here is a how-to on using Process Monitor.

How To Use Process Monitor To Track Registry And File System Changes

That should get you started.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 14, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Oct 14, 2015
  5. VKR
    vkr Win User
    This problem is only with windows 10 and this issue is coming always. I tried to do a clean install and the situation is same

6. topgundcp Win User
    OK. There are other things that might have caused this:
    • If your HD is corrupted: try to run from Admin command prompt: chkdsk /r for all HD's. This will take a while to run and ensure that all are in good health.
    • If you have a large folder containing Pictures/Videos and some of them are corrupted then explorer might have problem building the thumbnails.
    • Since you fresh installed Windows. Did you install any Anti Virus, third party programs that might have added the Shell extensions ? or perhaps some of the drivers such as NVIDIA, Blue Tooth etc..., they also added the Shell Extensions. You might want to double check.

topgundcp, Oct 14, 2015
  7. VKR
    vkr Win User
    No third party software is installed except vlc , torrent , firefox , chrome , mpc-hc and I don't think this will cause any issue all was okay with windows 8.1 but windows 10 seems having the regular problem with file explorer.

8. File explorer issue in windows 10, always refreshing in any folder.

Windows explorer can take longer if you do not have the proper drivers installed from your manufacturer's website. Do you (Possibly Dell)?

INF (Chipset), MEI, and VGA (Graphics) are possibly the main requirements

DustSailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer issue in windows 10, always refreshing in any folder. - Similar Threads - File explorer issue

2. The screen refreshes and any file explorer folder open crashes and closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen refreshes and any file explorer folder open crashes and closes automatically.: The screen refreshes and any file explorer folder open crashes and closes automatically. Also if any other applications with multiple tabs are open, like 2 - 3 excel sheets, only 1 tab remains after the auto refresh. Pls advise a fix to this....
  3. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  4. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh: Elsewhere on this site, someone asked how to get File Explorer to refresh. F5 was the answer, and the asker appeared to be satisfied.BUT, when I tried F5, nothing happened. Advice?Windows 10 Home20H2Installed 1/24/2021 by fix-it shopOS Build 19042.1526?? Pack? 120.2212.4170.0...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh: Elsewhere on this site, someone asked how to get File Explorer to refresh. F5 was the answer, and the asker appeared to be satisfied.BUT, when I tried F5, nothing happened. Advice?Windows 10 Home20H2Installed 1/24/2021 by fix-it shopOS Build 19042.1526?? Pack? 120.2212.4170.0...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Explorer Refresh Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer Refresh Issues: The last few days I've been having issues with Explorer not refreshing automatically when copying/pasting/deleting files from folders. I have to manually Ctrl+R in order for the files to appear or disappear. I've also encountered a problem where Explorer crashes if I drag a...
  9. Windows 10 explorer refreshing issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 explorer refreshing issue: Hello, Newly created folder is appearing only after refresh F5 and it's happeing with Copy,Cut,Paste & Rename functions as well. Tried all the possiblities but nothing helped me out, Any troubleshooting steps that i need to perform to fix this? Regards, Avinash...
  10. Windows explorer keeps refreshing whenever there is a file in folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer keeps refreshing whenever there is a file in folder: I have a new i5 desktop with the latest Windows 10 and everything works fine except 1 thing: When I open windows explorer and browse to a folder that has a htm or html file in it, all desktop icons and taskbar and the folder itself keeps refreshing. As soon as I change the...