Windows 10: File explorer issues since windows update 1803

Discus and support File explorer issues since windows update 1803 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi can anyone give me a quick fix to a problem i got after it pc taking up to 2 3/4 hours to update to Windows 10 1803, the problem is in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by itekweni, May 17, 2018.

1. itekweni Win User

File explorer issues since windows update 1803

Hi can anyone give me a quick fix to a problem i got after it pc taking up to 2 3/4 hours to update to Windows 10 1803, the problem is in the navigation pane of file explorer the drives are listed in order by name and not drive letters which means now the drives in pane are all over the place and I am sure there might be a quick registry fix for this... thanks in advance

:)

itekweni, May 17, 2018

2. Internet Explorer will not stay logged in to websites since Windows 10 1803 update

Since updating to Windows 10 version 1803, Internet Explorer 11 will not stay logged in to various websites such as Amazon, Facebook, and Stack Exchange (among others). In attempting to fix this I have:

• Manually deleted cookies.
    • Reset Internet Explorer defaults
    • Deleted browsing history.
    • uninstalled and reinstalled IE via Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage Optional Features
    • Set Temp Internet Folder from to 500.
    • In "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Privacy" set CleanPassword to 0
    • In "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0" renamed "Cache" and "LowCache" to "Cache-Old" and "LowCache-Old" respectively.
    • In "Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Security" unchecked "Empty Temporary Files folder when browser closed.
    • In "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserStorage" set DefaultDomainCacheLimitInMb to from 1 to 500.
    • In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0" renamed Cache and LowCache to Cache-Old and LowCache-Old.

None of these has worked. Firefox does not have this problem.

Bill Oertell, May 17, 2018
  3. 1803 Update - Unable to Uninstall 1803 Update

1803 Update does not show up on the list of updates in the "View update history window". All restore points were deleted with the 1803 Update

JerryBeauchamp, May 17, 2018
Thema:

File explorer issues since windows update 1803

1. File explorer issues since windows update 1803 - Similar Threads - File explorer issues

2. File Explorer issues since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer issues since upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,I have seen this issue being reported in many similar forms, however none of the solutions have fixed this issue for me. It seems especially weird since it seems like a major bug that has persisted for over a year I am completely updated.In my experience, the issue is...
  3. File Explorer issues since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer issues since upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,I have seen this issue being reported in many similar forms, however none of the solutions have fixed this issue for me. It seems especially weird since it seems like a major bug that has persisted for over a year I am completely updated.In my experience, the issue is...
  4. File explorer freezing since the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezing since the last update: I have been unable to use File Explorer since yesterday, coinciding with the installation of update KB4570505. File Explorer will open and run for a few seconds before freezing and displaying "not responding". I am unable to uninstall the update. I tried running a sfc...
  5. File EXplorer is unreliable since update '1903'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File EXplorer is unreliable since update '1903': since update version 1903 to Win 10 my Explorer is crashing frequently (for 1 week now). Eg double-click on a folder, eg local C station. I get a circle of Windows busy, then Explorer crashes, I get flung out. I have to click documents to re-open Explorer. Also the top bar...
  6. File Explorer issues since Win. 10 Auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer issues since Win. 10 Auto update: Has anyone else experienced Windows 'File Explorer' frequently crashing into 'oblivion'? and restarting desktop view/taskbar after blank screen. Other running programs are not lost, but its a major imposition and started happening since W10 automatic upgrade recently....
  7. WINDOWS update issue 1803

WINDOWS update issue 1803: Dear sir, I am facing too much problem regarding windows update past 3 months. only this comes after installing the update for each time. "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code:...
  8. Dark File Explorer Issue after 1803 October update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark File Explorer Issue after 1803 October update.: Hello I'm new to this forum. I was using Windows with Ease of Access and after updating to 1803 and selecting the dark theme File Explorer remained white as well as Control Panel, etc. - When googling this issue it instructs to Personalise/Colors/Select Dark but it didn't...
  9. Sound issue since Windows 10 v. 1803

Sound issue since Windows 10 v. 1803: Hi! Since updating to the creators update, my sound is experiencing some serious issues. This is an example of what I get: http://puu.sh/Bt9WO/9e0b05ec30.m4a I have a MB Gigabyte 170 hd3, an intel core i7 6700k, an NVIDIA GT 740. I'm mainly using my monitor as a speaker...
  10. Issue with Update 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Update 1803: Hello, I updated to the latest version of W10 Home to 1803 last night, while it was not easy at first, trying to update over the internet the update failed twice. So, I then used the Media Creation Tool to update Windows, which worked flawlessly. Now, I'm running into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after update 1803 windows file explorer not working

2. updates for file explorer 1803

3. windows 10 file explorer issue after 1803 update