Windows 10: File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?

Discus and support File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. The Jump List shows pinned folders and recently accessed folders only. It does not show recent or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SCircuit, Jun 11, 2016.

1. SCircuit Win User

File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?

I have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. The Jump List shows pinned folders and recently accessed folders only. It does not show recent or frequently accessed files. Is this normal behavior, or did I break something?

:)

SCircuit, Jun 11, 2016
  2. Donna Men Win User

File Explorer Jump List

For further troubleshooting, we suggest that you create a new user profile name as
    test for us to see if the issue will persist as we are checking if its your system file that's corrupted or if its the user profile. If in case that this issue does not re-occur on the
    test profile created, we suggest that you perform an update on your system.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regards.

Donna Men, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Donna Men Win User
    File Explorer Jump List

Hello,

This issue sometimes occurs if there is system file corruption. I would suggest you to run SFC
    scan
    and see if there will be changes. You can also check out Ramesh.Kumar's answer on this
    thread, similar to your concern, to
    help with the solution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Jun 11, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

This seems to be normal behaviour. The recent files show up within the quick access section when you open File Explorer.

philc43, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Slartybart, Jun 11, 2016
  6. SCircuit Win User
    Thanks, both replies were very helpful and answered my question!

SCircuit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Jump

2. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  3. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  4. JUMP Lists

in Windows 10 Customization
    JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  5. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump list File Explorer items not opening program: Hi, thanks for the welcome note. I have for many months been suffering from the Jump list items on File Explorer not opening the program or item- after clicking the jump list item nothing happens. However if I right click on the jump list item then the mini menu does say Open...
  6. list of files jumps to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    list of files jumps to the top: It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-files-jumps-to-the-top/36787289-5415-4a6c-b104-b14b6199b826
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files

Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files: This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem my search shows a...
  8. File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds

File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds: I have read every page of the forum on the subject: "File Explorer Keeps Jumping Back To The Top" and the most poplular solution regarding turning off the "Automactically Select Color" option referred to apparently has nothing to do with my problem because I have gone in to...
  9. Jump list

Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  10. jump list

jump list: hello people is there a hack or tweak out there that wil let me change the order of my pinned itmes in the jumplist you used to be able to drag them,,, but no more 92365