Windows 10: file explorer not in taskbar

Discus and support file explorer not in taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the second time I have posted about the same problem. I can't move file explorer to the task bar. I tried to move it by right clicking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rfcomptech, Feb 1, 2016.

1. file explorer not in taskbar

This is the second time I have posted about the same problem. I can't move file explorer to the task bar. I tried to move it by right clicking on start, then left click on file explorer the menu I get that way just says "pin to start" and more, when I click on more all that is there is don't show with this list, if I left click the start button and then left click file explorer the menu only says "pin to start". I am at a loss, I have had one problem after another with Windows 10 and considering going back to Windows 7. I have tried to revert back to windows 7 from windows 10 but that failed, the only other option I have is to format the hard drive and reload Windows 7. I understand by doing that I will get the Windows 10 10 upgrade icon in the right hand corner of the task bar. How do I get rid of that?

:)

rfcomptech, Feb 1, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Feb 1, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Windows 10 - taskbar icons

The File Explorer icon on he taskbar opens File Explorer. That is what it is for.

If you want a file put on the taskbar as an icon that is a different thing. Make a shortcut and then pin it to the taskbar.

lacrumb, Feb 1, 2016
  4. file explorer not in taskbar

My file explorer went in when it upgraded from 8.1
    When you click on file explorer does it show at all unpin form taskbar
    Because mine does.
    Have you run SFC /scannow from Command Prompt
    Here is how to do it
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

hTconeM9user, Feb 1, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    To start with I'll just show you how to get the File Explorer pinned to the task bar. Then we can move on to your other questions.

Type File explorer in the search box
    Right Click on the File explorer item and you will be able to select pin to task bar

file explorer not in taskbar [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 1, 2016
  6. Tony K Win User
    Hi there.So far as blocking 10 upgrade in 7:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...s-7-8-1-a.html

Tony K, Feb 1, 2016
  7. I tried to pin file explorer to the task bar by typing file explorer in the search box and I can either sync with other apps or go to the web. If I right click on either one nothing happens, I get no menu or anything. When I type it into the search box the other thing I noticed is that below best match it is not listed with desktop apps below it, the only thing I can do is sync it or go the the web.

rfcomptech, Feb 2, 2016
  8. Tony K Win User

file explorer not in taskbar

You may want to try these:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...-10-image.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Tony K, Feb 2, 2016
  9. I just remembered something else, Windows 10 crashed and it was after I hit the reset button on my tower and everything finished that I noticed that the file explorer icon in the task bar was missing. I ran DISM and it came back that no corruption was found. I am going to run SFC next.

rfcomptech, Feb 3, 2016
  10. I ran SFC and got message that everything is OK,no problems. Also got no problems found when ran DISM. How do I proceed from here?

rfcomptech, Feb 6, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Open This PC.
    Right click on the File Explorer icon in the Taskbar.
    Select Pin to Taskbar.

Ztruker, Feb 6, 2016
  12. Not sure how to do that, I clicked on icon down in lower left corner of taskbar didn't see this pc anywhere. Please explain

rfcomptech, Feb 6, 2016
  13. file explorer not in taskbar

Go to start icon
    Left click
    File Explorer
    Left Click
    Will open up
    Once open
    Scroll down to This PC

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2016
  14. Ztruker Win User
    I have This PC icon on the Desktop.
    Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
    Click on Themes then Desktop icon settings.
    Check Computer (and any others you want) then click OK.

Now you can
    Or do the first few steps hTconeM9user listedL:

Go to start icon
    Left click
    File Explorer
    Left click

Now you can
    Either shou8ld work, does for me.

Ztruker, Feb 7, 2016
  15. philc43 Win User
    Don't forget that you can also type This PC in the search box to find and open the app. I use this approach a lot now as it is very quick and convenient.

philc43, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

file explorer not in taskbar

1. file explorer not in taskbar - Similar Threads - file explorer taskbar

2. File explorer and taskbar style

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer and taskbar style: Immediately after I installed the latest Windows update as of the time of creation of this post, my file explorer and my taskbar look as the following screenshot.The file explorer looks very odd, with large spacing and margins, and the taskbar has wide icons.I tried...
  3. Windows/File Explorer on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows/File Explorer on Taskbar: I have windows explorer pinned to my taskbar. For some reason when i open the folder or open a new window it generates another icon on the taskbar. See below [ATTACH][ATTACH] If somebody can help please let me know Thanks...
  4. taskbar combines all file explorer windows as 'file explorer'

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar combines all file explorer windows as 'file explorer': how do I get separate tabs/buttons on the taskbar for each open folder like Windows 7, so I can see and in one click click to view any of them instead of only getting 'file explorer' with a pop-up preview list? the taskbar 'never combine' setting only solves nesting for...
  5. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons for File Explorer: I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through. For example, if I'm looking at my...
  6. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

Pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? [Original Title: File Explorer]...
  7. File Explorer icon on TASKBAR

File Explorer icon on TASKBAR: I clicked "something" and the File Explorer icon has disappeared. Can't find how to reactivate and pin it to the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/aa43e35f-8e49-4f9f-b66b-7465e1862762
  8. File Explorer / Taskbar question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer / Taskbar question: [IMG] On my Windows 10 desktop machine, when I click the pinned File Explorer icon on the taskbar, it opens a new instance of itself represented by a second taskbar icon on the far right as per the image....
  9. file explorer icon on taskbar

file explorer icon on taskbar: My "file explorer icon" has disappeared from my taskbar. don't know how or when. where do I find it or how do I put it back there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/393db9be-718c-4052-92b0-e76ac3d3052c
  10. add file explorer to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    add file explorer to taskbar: I am new to this forum. I have a custom computer, ECS A780GM-A motherboard, 6 GB of ram AMD CPU, 2.6 GHz tricore. I am currently upgraded to Windows 10 and learning my way around it. My question is can I add file explorer to the task bar and if so how do I go about doing it?...