File Explorer not working right...

Discus and support File Explorer not working right... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been doing a lot of picture editing and what I don't need I send to the Recycle Bin, when done I empty it. I've noticed the bin doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anak, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Anak Win User

I've been doing a lot of picture editing and what I don't need I send to the Recycle Bin, when done I empty it.

I've noticed the bin doesn't automatically refresh to show that it is empty like in earlier versions of windows i.e. "3.11, 98, XP, and 7", but will if I manually refresh the bin.

Two more curiosities,
    • I like my view setting on details and if I leave the bin to delete more pictures and then return the view always reverts to large icons.
    • When done editing I right click and eject the sd card but see no pop-up telling me that it is safe to remove. Is this normal?
    I can work around these behaviors, but it's becoming increasingly irritating. Oh, and this happens no matter what type of file or folder is in the bin.

I have looked around and there seems to be several fixes but the only one I recall that worked as long as I remained in session was to run an elevated sfc scan before I started my editing when I closed for that session and then returned, the behavior returned. Would there be a setting somewhere to lock-in the behavior I need?

My specs are system one, let me know if any logs are needed and I'm not averse to working with regeditor.

:)

2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Kalpana Shankarappa Win User
    File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Maestro2711 Win User

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer not working right... - Similar Threads - File Explorer working

2. How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will see what is the bootres.dll file in the Windows 10 OS and where is it located. We will also see how to fix or replace a corrupted bootres.dll file that may prevent you from booting [...] This post How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in...
  3. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro: I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates, however, I can't seem to connect to my Slingbox. When I contacted Sling Media about the issue they mentioned that some else...
  4. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...
  5. How do you exclude files from a system image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do you exclude files from a system image backup?: Does anyone know if this works in Windows 10: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...80819(v=ws.10) or if there is a different way to exclude folders from a system image created with the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature? 115940
  6. Headphones don't work 2018.08.14

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones don't work 2018.08.14: When I plug in headphones windows indicates new hardware connected. No icon for headphones indicated with other hardware recognized in Control Panel. All tests related to sound, sound card function, plus volume settings indicate that output sound is being produced. I have two...
  7. If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...: The edition I'm using is Windows 10 Pro, and under the Activation, it says: Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. I would like to choose Reset my PC from the Recovery option, keep my files and reinstall Windows, but will I have to enter the...
  8. How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ): TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the previous version of the note pad? full story: I reset my windows. after that, I get a problem where my notepad files that...
  9. Internal Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....
  10. problem with media files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with media files: I have a problem that I can't figure out what is it , But probably it's related to media files . the problem is when I try to open a video on any website using Microsoft edge I get errors , when I try to play a song using "sondcloud (beta)" Windows app once I click the song...