Windows 10: File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?

Discus and support File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If you right-click on a file, the Open With menu will have suggestions for any Metro app that thinks it can handle the file-type, as well as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ltwally, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ltwally Win User

File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps?

If you right-click on a file, the Open With menu will have suggestions for any Metro app that thinks it can handle the file-type, as well as the Windows Store.

The Windows Store is useless to me, and I have yet to see a single Metro app worth using.

I'd like to remove these suggestions from the Open With menu. Any ideas how to go about this?

Thanks

:)

ltwally, Sep 25, 2016
  2. Acro_295 Win User

Windows File Explorer acting weirdly

Another way to put is...

Click "Save As" > Opens File Explorer > Black Screen > Closes Chrome & File Explorer > Loads up screen.

or...

Opens File Explorer > Black Screen > Closes File Explorer but not Chrome

Acro_295, Sep 25, 2016
  3. external hard drive

Did you check if the SD card is locked or not? Did you format the SD card using the NTFS file system? As for your photos, can you access them directly through Start > File Explorer > Pictures Library? Have you installed the latest Windows Updates? Start
    by running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot Scroll down to the bottom Click Windows Store Apps Click Run the troubleshooter When complete try opening the Store again. Also check if the Store works
    in another user account. Press Windows key + R Type: wsreset.exe Hit Enter Do this a couple times then try launching the Store again. Your Antivirus might be interfering with the Store, try disabling it 'temporarily' to see if it launches. Check Windows Update
    and install the latest updates. Sometimes Microsoft releases infrastructure fixes for the Store through Windows Update. You can also try resetting the Photos app. Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features Scroll down to Photos Select it Click Advanced
    options Click Reset

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

A web search for
    remove from open with
    suggests a registry edit
    Remove Programs from the Open With Menu in Explorer

Now note that update checks for universal apps are scheduled every 4 hours.
    I cannot tell you if an update will cause the key to be recreated.

Personally the risk presented by reg. editing outweighs the minor inconvenience of seeing sthg you don't want - and I find I rarely use Open With- and when I do there's a list of desktop programs.

dalchina, Sep 25, 2016
Thema:

1. File Explorer > Open With > remove Windows Store & Metro apps? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Open

2. Removing metro apps. Windows 10 1903

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Removing metro apps. Windows 10 1903: Metro apps didn`t remove. I have 2 user accounts. One of them is admin. Usually I work on the second user, e.g. simple user. I tried to remove metro apps in this account by windows power shell command: Get-AppxPackage | Remove-AppxPackage . Metro apps weren`t removed. It...
  3. Audio not working in metro/windows store apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working in metro/windows store apps: hi, i just recently started to use some windows 10 apps from the store and i noticed that none of the apps i installed had any audio. i also noticed that they didn't appear in the volume mixer so i tried: >updating the audio driver >updating to the latest version of...
  4. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal: I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why. What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind. And as for...
  5. Can't open and Metro style Windows app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open and Metro style Windows app: I seem to have had a major Windows 10 Pro X64 failure. After a couple days of investigation, I'm stumped. -Right now, I can't open and Metro style Windows apps including Settings. -I also can't open "services.msc" (I get a window that says Microsoft Services...
  6. Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed!

Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed!: Like innumerable other Win10 users, I have been trying for quite a while to get broken apps and Cortana to work again, after the Anniversary 'update'. I've repeatedly tried sfc /scannow; DISM restorehealth; MS Repair tools; Windows troubleshooter; the infamous Powershell...
  7. Windows 10 metro apps wont open

Windows 10 metro apps wont open: [img] 21342
  8. Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps

Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps: Hi, Even using :: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage :: will leave some apps there, I need to decide if I should remove them manually or not, but I don't know what they do and are they vital? So please help me by letting me know what's each one? Cheers....
  9. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  10. Adding and remove metro apps from start

Adding and remove metro apps from start: I have no options,like before "pin to start" [img] [img] 45719