Windows 10: File Explorer opens twice

Discus and support File Explorer opens twice in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; for the last few days, the explorer closes and reopen itself immediately. this happens both on my Home PC and Work PC. anybody experiencing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by toink, Oct 2, 2015.

1. toink Win User

File Explorer opens twice

for the last few days, the explorer closes and reopen itself immediately. this happens both on my Home PC and Work PC.

anybody experiencing this too?

see screenshot: Explorer opening twice (when locating a file) (from reddit)

:)

toink, Oct 2, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Oct 2, 2015
  3. eyalpost Win User
    Windows 10 file explorer crashes on trying to launch the program.

did not work, the files explorer crashes when trying to move files, or when opened twice

eyalpost, Oct 2, 2015
  4. StanP50 Win User

StanP50, Oct 2, 2015
  5. toink Win User
    tried it. and it didn't work. the only thing that work for me is uncheck the "Launch folder windows in a separate process".

though i want it checked, because there are times when a certain explorer.exe crashes. it crashes every folder opened.

toink, Oct 2, 2015
  6. StanP50 Win User
    Never had that issue, but then again I never had the reopen issue either. Sorry it didn't work out.

StanP50, Oct 2, 2015
  7. toink Win User
    toink, Oct 2, 2015
  8. StanP50 Win User

StanP50, Oct 2, 2015
  9. toink Win User
    my work pc just recently have this problem. maybe a bad update, hopefully will be fix after some updates.

toink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer opens twice - Similar Threads - File Explorer opens

2. Windows Explorer opening twice on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer opening twice on startup: For some reason about 2 weeks ago my PC started opening explorer.exe twice on every startup and it's causing a massive drop in performance, which I've noticed quite a lot in videogames that become unplayable and photoshop that keeps crashing. Even though I can just close it...
  3. Windows Explorer opening twice on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer opening twice on startup: For some reason about 2 weeks ago my PC started opening explorer.exe twice on every startup and it's causing a massive drop in performance, which I've noticed quite a lot in videogames that become unplayable and photoshop that keeps crashing. Even though I can just close it...
  4. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer: At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown twice. The files are not duplicates or copies, because I experimented by deleting some files from one list, to the Recycle...
  5. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer: At some point in recent days my File Explorer has listed all my files in the OneDrive folder twice, i.e., the OneDrive folder and its contents is shown twice. The files are not duplicates or copies, because I experimented by deleting some files from one list, to the Recycle...
  6. OneDrive files appears twice in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. "open files location" twice for one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "open files location" twice for one: hi! - i have a lot of IMG 15000 of items 4 example in alot of folder 200 folder - so, i use keyword for searching 'em in Primary folder contain 200 folders in folders - i have an explorer with searching result - i choose some of them -> send it to Desktop create...
  8. External HDD showing twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD showing twice in file explorer: My external drive(Samsung) connected via usb3 has started showing twice in file explorer. Opening either shows exactly the same files inside. Screen shot below, I've never tried this so I hope I've done it OK Any help with removing the "imposter" would be appreciated....
  9. File Explorer is numbering MP3 files twice

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is numbering MP3 files twice: I have a file of about 35 GB worth of mp3's on my computer, the list grows and changes as I buy and download new albums or remove an existing one from time to time. I copy the file to a 32 gb flash drive I use in my car and the files play like normal. However, there is now a...
  10. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 iexplore.exe twice

2. how to open file explorer twice

3. explorer opens twice