Windows 10: file explorer popups not always on top

Discus and support file explorer popups not always on top in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Everytime I do a copy, move, delete in file explorer if it produces a popup that requires action it is normally not on top and I end up doing it again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, May 2, 2016.

1. ruggb Win User

file explorer popups not always on top

Everytime I do a copy, move, delete in file explorer if it produces a popup that requires action it is normally not on top and I end up doing it again and again b4 I realize it is waiting for input from the last 10 times I did it.

It would be so much more user friendly it the popup were on always top so I would see it immediately.
    Does anyone know a workaround (reg tweak) to make this happen?

:)

ruggb, May 2, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Adobe Reader DC doesn't launch

Right click on the .pdf and at the top of the popup is the reader.

This can be in File Explorer or on a shortcut on the desktop.

lacrumb, May 2, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, May 2, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

I wish I had an answer, because I find it very annoying too.
    Regedit when called from the start search facility invariably remains hidden behind open windows, and dialogs from some setup programs stay in the background, like, IIRC, the language selector in EasyBCD.

I don't know if this is to do with the UAC, perhaps?

Fafhrd, May 2, 2016
Thema:

1. file explorer popups not always on top - Similar Threads - file explorer popups

2. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  3. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  4. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  5. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  6. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer is always on top

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is always on top: The only way to view anything other than Explorer is to minimize it, is there a fix? Version 20H2; Build 19042.746; Windows 10 Pro EDIT: Tried this, but it fails on some things: Code: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "ForegroundLockTimeout"=dword:00030d40 Set value...
  8. Always On Top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always On Top: Is there a way to keep a screen on top of other windows in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-on-top/6fe06a63-18e8-4ef7-b0d4-75658cda3397
  9. File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes: Hi all, This issue occurs when "Automatically select highlight color from my wallpaper" checkbox is ticked. When I open Windows Explorer and display a long list of folders and/or files, going down through them, each time the wallpaper changes Windows Explorer reverts to...
  10. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895