Windows 10: file explorer popups not always on top

Discus and support file explorer popups not always on top in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Everytime I do a copy, move, delete in file explorer if it produces a popup that requires action it is normally not on top and I end up doing it again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, May 2, 2016.

1. ruggb Win User

file explorer popups not always on top

Everytime I do a copy, move, delete in file explorer if it produces a popup that requires action it is normally not on top and I end up doing it again and again b4 I realize it is waiting for input from the last 10 times I did it.

It would be so much more user friendly it the popup were on always top so I would see it immediately.
    Does anyone know a workaround (reg tweak) to make this happen?

:)

ruggb, May 2, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Adobe Reader DC doesn't launch

Right click on the .pdf and at the top of the popup is the reader.

This can be in File Explorer or on a shortcut on the desktop.

lacrumb, May 2, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, May 2, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

I wish I had an answer, because I find it very annoying too.
    Regedit when called from the start search facility invariably remains hidden behind open windows, and dialogs from some setup programs stay in the background, like, IIRC, the language selector in EasyBCD.

I don't know if this is to do with the UAC, perhaps?

Fafhrd, May 2, 2016
Thema:

1. file explorer popups not always on top - Similar Threads - file explorer popups

2. Windows File Explorer Always crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Explorer Always crashing: hi all i am new here, i am here for my friend, his windows file explorer always crashing and he need to open task manager and restart the program. its very annoying because we are gamers and it preventing him from minimizing a game and then coming back any solutions??...
  3. Always scroll to the top or bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always scroll to the top or bottom: I have a problem with my PC which runs Windows 10. Here are some errors of them, Even now I can't type properly in this text box the cursor always move to the top left corner In any browser the web pages scroll to the top or bottom of it always In MS OFFICE and other...
  4. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...
  5. Pinning a file in the folder that it is in, so it can be always the top file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinning a file in the folder that it is in, so it can be always the top file.: Title pretty much is this possible? No matter the sorting and grouping option I select I would love to have 1 file be pinned to be the top file no matter what, any info would be much appreciated....
  6. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...
  7. Chrome always on top

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome always on top: This is driving me nuts! Chrome operates normally in Windows 10 for a while. But then, at some stage it switches to always on top. I have to close Chrome and reopen for this to clear. But then after a while, it goes into always on top mode again. There seems to be some...
  8. Taskbar STILL not always on top!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar STILL not always on top!: This is an issue that has bugged me for years. Windows still cover autohidden taskbar! When the taskbar is hidden, and any window is maximized or snapped, the mouse is sometimes unable to trigger the taskbar. I have to shrink the window before the mouse can touch the...
  9. File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer always reverts to top of window when wallpaper changes: Hi all, This issue occurs when "Automatically select highlight color from my wallpaper" checkbox is ticked. When I open Windows Explorer and display a long list of folders and/or files, going down through them, each time the wallpaper changes Windows Explorer reverts to...
  10. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895