Windows 10: File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

Discus and support File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes 58261 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mickkev, Aug 1, 2016.

1. mickkev Win User

File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes

:)

mickkev, Aug 1, 2016

2. Lost file

Could you look in OneDrive if the File is there?

Also, open File Explorer > Quick access

Look under recent files

Does it show the path to the file current location?

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF Convertor

Do a test print again.

Open File Explorer on the Taskbar

Click Quick Access

You should see your most recent files

Where does show the actual location of the PDF file is?

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 1, 2016
  5. mickkev Win User
    Thank you very much for your quick response! However, the problem I am facing is that in the right-hand panel of Quick Access, the Recent files section does not show any files recently opened. I've tried everything with no avail. It would be great if someone can help me solve this problem.

Many thanks in advance!

mickkev, Aug 1, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, wondered why the first (for example) is not relevant.
    "Recent items is a list of the files that you have used or opened recently. These items are displayed as "Recent files" in Quick access, and under "Recent" in jump lists on the Start menu and taskbar."

Quote from that. Is that not relevant to your situation? If not, please post a screenshot explaining your problem.
    Thanks.

Good that you've tried, but 'I've tried everything' (what exactly?) and then asking for ideas - which you've presumably tried- may discourage a response.

dalchina, Aug 1, 2016
  7. mickkev Win User
    Hi, I've tried both of the options provided in your earlier message but none of them helped. Please see the screen shot below. As you will find, the "Resent file" section is blank. Thanks!

File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files [​IMG]

mickkev, Aug 2, 2016
  8. trevo Win User

Try clicking on view...then on the right side there is options...click and select change folder and search options; there is a setting there under privacy for show recent files in quick access.

trevo, Aug 2, 2016
  9. mickkev Win User
    Thanks, Trevo! I've tried that and ticked both boxes but it did not work. Thanks again!

mickkev, Aug 2, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Maybe the easiest way at this point is simply to wait for the anniversary update.. this big Windows reinstall may well fix this without worrying further.

(As with any major change, make sure you have a good set of disk images before it just in case).

dalchina, Aug 2, 2016
  11. mickkev Win User
    Thank you very much for your help!

mickkev, Aug 2, 2016
  12. mickkev Win User
    I updated my Windows 10 today. Guess what, it's fixed! I can see the Recent files on Quick access now. Thanks for your help!!!

mickkev, Aug 4, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

Great! Alas it didn't fix my quick access recent file links having no icons... just blank. Don't know when that started and can't find anything on it. Minor problem.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2016
  14. jdhotham Win User
    I want to share this with you incase there were others finding a similar issue.

I was struggling for ages with this and followed steps here.

Then I just "right clicked" on the program in the "Most Used" at the top of "Start", and there they are, the "Recent" files appear.

Obviously this works for all programs in the start menu.
    Right click the icon for the program and the recent files should appear.

Cool!

jdhotham, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files - Similar Threads - File Explorer Quick

2. Quick Access & Recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access & Recent files: Hi i want to increase the number of "recent files" shown in the quick access function to more than 20, ideally 50. I don't want workarounds or rely on me pinning things, I just want to see more than 20 recent files. The current limit is a hindrance to my work as 20 files...
  3. Quick access is not showing in File explorer

Quick access is not showing in File explorer: Hello, I have problem with quick acces feature in file exploer. It doesn't show up on the left list adn there seems to be no way of changing it. [ATTACH] I tried resetting folders and resetting file exploer in task manager. Nothing worked....
  4. Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access: The files do not show in quick access! whatever I try to go back to normal, it fails : Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthand press Enter. Restart the PC. ---> does not work. Whether I click or use "defaut parameters" the ticK will disappear...
  5. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files: Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why? Thanks, David...
  6. Windows not showing recent files in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows not showing recent files in Quick Access: For some reason as above, files I have recently opened in Quick Access are not showing. Can anyone help please? 144015
  7. File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...

File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...: [ATTACH] Here is how I re-created this bug: 1. Open an image file in Paint 2. Export "Test.png" to the Desktop 3. Open File Explorer and go to Quick Access. 4. The files appear as 0 kb. For some reason the files are also sometimes missing the Date Modified. When I...
  8. Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  9. Quick access recently used files not showing

Quick access recently used files not showing: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  10. Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access

Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access: Hi, in the "Quick access" window it currently shows the 20 most recently opened files. I would like to increase that number to something around 40 or 50. I'm guessing I'll have to do this through the registry, but I don't know where. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick access doesnt show recent files

2. file-explorer-quick-access-does-not-show-recent-files-