Windows 10: File Explorer Quick Access Search box: How to increase keyword history

Discus and support File Explorer Quick Access Search box: How to increase keyword history in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to increase the number of remembered search items in the search box in file explorer and file open dialogs? [img] The history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EvolutionEgo, Apr 24, 2018.

1. File Explorer Quick Access Search box: How to increase keyword history

Is there a way to increase the number of remembered search items in the search box in file explorer and file open dialogs?

File Explorer Quick Access Search box: How to increase keyword history [​IMG]

The history shows 3 keywords which were previously searched. I would like it to be able to show up to 5 items (if available) for example.

Is there a way to customize this?

:)

EvolutionEgo, Apr 24, 2018
  2. Ryan98 Win User

File history causes start menu and cortana to stop working

So this is what's causing the Start menu, search function taskbar, and any apps that run off of the Universal windows apps platform to completely freeze up and not respond. Well, i'll just have to stop using file history until this is fixed.

This is the only post i was able to find using Google of someone else getting File History to cause the start menu, and apps to stop working. So it's probably going to be awhile before this is fixed. Hopefully In Redstone?

Edit: Fixed the problem without reinstalling Windows by disabling Quick access. To disable quick access,

1: Open file explorer and click File -> Change folder and search options.

2: Under the General tab, click Open file explorer to: This PC.

3: Under the same tab, look for Show recently used files in Quick access and Show frequently used folders in Quick access. Uncheck both of theses.

After doing this, i'm no longer having issues with the Start menu, search and Windows apps locking up and File History is still turned on. For some reason, having both File History and Quick access enabled causes the above problem. Hopefully this will get
    fixed in an update so i can re-enable Quick access since i liked this feature. Hope this helps!

Ryan98, Apr 24, 2018
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Why do two of my three dvd draws open every time I boot up windows 10 (not when restarting).

Hi! James

How was the upgrade preformed. Most likely W10 has not finished the upgrade yet. Looking for drivers. Or there is a network drive connected. Maybe they where setup as backup drives automatically.

When file explore opens try the search tab, last option on right change folder and search options under Privacy. Clear file explore history. It may be a quick **** thing. File explorer again right click the quick access on left tree view then choose options
    the very first option choose open file explore to This PC. Hope it helps.

Teddy2016, Apr 24, 2018
  4. sml156 Win User

File Explorer Quick Access Search box: How to increase keyword history

I'm don't know how to increase it more than 3 when you click on search but if you type the first letter of a previous search it will show the last 3 searches starting with that letter, the more letters you type will show words matching previous searches.

As long as you don't clear your search history you could have 100's or 1000's of stored word's

sml156, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Quick Access Search box: How to increase keyword history

1. File Explorer Quick Access Search box: How to increase keyword history - Similar Threads - File Explorer Quick

2. file explorer search history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer search history: Since the last cumulative update I think both Win11 computers I have no longer have the search history popping up in the search boxes for any file explorer window. every time I'm moving from folder to folder to look for something I have to retype the search term and it's a...
  3. Using the search box in File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the search box in File History: I have data from a previously owned laptop secured via File History. When I look for files using the Restore from File History interface, I noticed that the search box seems to only look for files that start with the text entered. So if I put "lamb" in the search box, it...
  4. Using the search box in File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the search box in File History: I have data from a previously owned laptop secured via File History. When I look for files using the Restore from File History interface, I noticed that the search box seems to only look for files that start with the text entered. So if I put "lamb" in the search box, it...
  5. Using the search box in File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. File Explorer search box not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search box not accessible: I've recently installed Windows 11, and I have an issue with the search function of the File Explorer: I can't put my cursor in the Search field if I launch the File Explorer through the default 'File Explorer' shortcut.I found the following workaround: I open the 'old'...
  7. File Explorer search box not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search box not accessible: I've recently installed Windows 11, and I have an issue with the search function of the File Explorer: I can't put my cursor in the Search field if I launch the File Explorer through the default 'File Explorer' shortcut.I found the following workaround: I open the 'old'...
  8. File explorer search box history dispears after click Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer search box history dispears after click Quick access: Windows 10 version 20h2 Steps to reproduce: 1. Open file explorer 2. type something in search box 3. clear search box 4. click search box again, you will see a drop down list showing recent search history 5. click the Quick access which is located at the top of file...
  9. How do you delete the "Search Quick Access" bar history in File Explorer (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you delete the "Search Quick Access" bar history in File Explorer (Windows 10): Something that's been bugging me for quite a long time and now my OCD is getting the best of me as I'm glued to my computer at home. I've tried going into File Explorer Options and clicking the "clear" button in the privacy section, but it doesn't work. Is there a way to...
  10. Why is file explorer not searching by keyword

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is file explorer not searching by keyword: Why is file explorer not searching by keyword https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-file-explorer-not-searching-by-keyword/99ac8768-ad65-4545-99ae-f610efa5c50f"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer keyword search

2. how to increase history of files accessed

3. file explorer in windows 10 increase history

4. increase search history in file explorer,
  5. increase windows explorer quick access,
  6. increase number of opened files remembered in file explorer