Windows 10: File Explorer Requiring Screen Refresh to Be Correct

Discus and support File Explorer Requiring Screen Refresh to Be Correct in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am troubleshooting an issue for a neighbor. When using File Explorer (or while on the desktop), if he tries to delete a file or folder, rename it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PJLLB, Dec 29, 2015.

1. PJLLB Win User

File Explorer Requiring Screen Refresh to Be Correct

I am troubleshooting an issue for a neighbor. When using File Explorer (or while on the desktop), if he tries to delete a file or folder, rename it, move it, etc. the open file explorer window (or the desktop) does not change to reflect the action unless he refreshes the windows (or desktop) by hitting F5 (or for the desktop right clicking and selecting Refresh).

Any advise would be appreciated.

:)

PJLLB, Dec 29, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Windows Don't Refresh

Did not work for me

SteveHeineman, Dec 29, 2015
  4. lhgordon Win User

Me too Exact same problem started around Jan 1 2016

lhgordon, Jan 9, 2016
  5. lmaneke Win User
    I've heard of some issues regarding the new Cumulative update release. I've got the first version of Windows 10, and I have not had that issue. There are a bunch of bugs in the November update, which I reverted back to 10240 to avoid issues like this.

It's sad after all the issues I see with the November update. I'm skipping that and waiting for the next one.

lmaneke, Jan 9, 2016
  6. lhgordon Win User
    After doing some research I know the problem is NOT related to UAC actions.
    The next possible source of the problem may be the relocation of the "My documents" folder from the SSD to a hard drive, but I don't have enough SSD room to verify this.
    At present, we fear that this problem is a bug in the November Windows 10 release.
    Since I don't have access in reporting these bugs can someone please direct this issue to Microsoft.
    Lee

On 16/01/09 03:09 PM, Lee H Gordon wrote:

When using File Explorer (or while on the desktop), try to delete a file or folder, rename it, move it, etc. the open file explorer window (or the desktop) does not change to reflect the action unless the window (or desktop) is refreshed by hitting F5 (or for the desktop right clicking and selecting Refresh). Problem started around Jan 01 2016.

Note I am not the only one with this problem I searched the WEB.

lhgordon, Jan 10, 2016
  7. KeithM Win User
    I think this could be caused by corrupted saved view settings. If you create another user & don't see the same behavior, that would increase my suspicion.
    So if you don't mind losing saved views. Use the Reset Folders button on the View tab of the Folder Options dialog.

Keith

KeithM, Jan 10, 2016
  8. dirt Win User

After trying several other fixes, resetting the view worked perfectly. THANKS! I have been struggling with this for months and was resorting to periodic registry edits. No need. Simply - "Use the Reset Folders button on the View tab of the Folder Options dialog" just like you wrote.

9. KeithM Win User
    You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Keith

KeithM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer Requiring Screen Refresh to Be Correct - Similar Threads - File Explorer Requiring

2. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  3. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  4. File Explorer Refresh Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Refresh Problem: On the Public Version I have my background changing every minute and it is causing File Explorer to refresh when it changes to the next image. So if I'm looking down a long list trying to find a specific file I lose my place every time the Background image changes as File...
  5. Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?

Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?: My Windows 10 64-bit workstation is very stable, and has been so for at least 2 years. Never crashes or locks up. Easily the best and most reliable Windows workstation I've ever owned. However, recently when I move files or do file-related things in Windows Explorer, the...
  6. icon refreshing in file explorer

icon refreshing in file explorer: When my Windows 10 file explorer opens a folder containing a .JPG file, it triggers a non-stop frenzy of repeatedly refreshing every icon in sight including the desktop and probably others as well. I have tried many suggestions for fixing things relating to Explorer but none...
  7. Refresh problem in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh problem in File Explorer: In an earlier thread, I reported that following an update file explorer no longer automatically refreshes after a deletion or change. I tried all the suggestions, but the problem persists. So I swapped a recently made clone of the hard drive and booted that. The same problem...
  8. File Explorer stopped refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped refreshing: Until yesterday, when I deleted a file shown in File Explorer, it immediately vanished. But now, deleted files won’t go away until I right-click on a blank space and click Refresh. Same with renamed files. I did a SFC /scannow, which found some problems and corrected them,...
  9. View refresh in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    View refresh in file explorer: In W7 I could refresh the file list after deleting files using the view menu and the refresh option. W10 does not remove deleted files from view at once nor does it have a way of doing it manually that I can find. I can't believe it no longer exists. Thanks J 39365
  10. After moving Shutdown slow, File Explorer requires manual refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    After moving Shutdown slow, File Explorer requires manual refresh: After moving this weekend, I came across two issues after setting up my desktop in the new location. As far as I can tell, this is the only major change to my computer that may have caused the issues. Firstly, before I had internet reconnected, I found that shutdown was...