Windows 10: File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out

Discus and support File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For most of the afternoon today I have searched through Google and here to see if I can get the File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs fix. So far no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imcanadian, Jun 14, 2017.

1. File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out

For most of the afternoon today I have searched through Google and here to see if I can get the File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs fix. So far no luck to get this fix. I am not sure what is exactly the problem with this even I tried to right-click on desktop to get a new folder and nothing in the box. Any idea how to get this fix.

Thank you,

John

:)

imcanadian, Jun 14, 2017

2. How do I make the 'Home' Tab the default view (instead of 'File') in Windows 10

There is no File ribbon, the File tab is a menu. Anytime you open a new File Explorer window, it always defaults to the Home tab. Are you not seeing this?

Andre Da Costa, Jun 14, 2017
  3. new folder button

New folder button is greyed out in file explorer ribbon windows ten. It doesn't appear in the list when I right click on desktop.

MikeWhitehorn1, Jun 14, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out

Press Windows key+X choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    type SFC /scannow and press enter. See how you get along.

spunk, Jun 14, 2017
  5. Want to say thank you for your time to reply. Yes I did this as your suggestion earlier today and still have the same problem with greyed out in Home Tabs under File Explorer.

imcanadian, Jun 14, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
  7. Still doesn't work after restore File Explorer to Defaults. Not sure what else next with this to fix the problem.

John

imcanadian, Jun 14, 2017
  8. File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out

The only way that I can think of is to have fresh install of Windows but don't like to see that I will lose some of the programs on my desktop. I will not do till someone think that if that is necessary to do have fresh install of Windows or not.

John

imcanadian, Jun 14, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    There are two more steps to try before considering a clean install. The first is to open an elevated command prompt and run...

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

The next is to do an in-place repair install. This will keep all your files and installed apps.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

10. Want to say thank you to Bree and I used the top with " Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image. "

It's working now.

John

imcanadian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out

1. File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out - Similar Threads - File Explorer Ribbons

2. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  3. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  4. "move to" function on File Explorer ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "move to" function on File Explorer ribbon: i want to have the "move to" function back on my File Explorer ribbon menu. help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-to-function-on-file-explorer-ribbon/e6570124-d6c1-4c0f-ac4f-5fe2f936b6ea
  5. File explorer ribbon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer ribbon missing: I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is just missing. I looked through a few old forum posts on here, but they suggest opening the drop down menu at the top, which is also somehow missing for me. Attached a screenshot. Any help would be...
  6. File Explorer ribbon is blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  7. Home tab on Wordpad ribbon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home tab on Wordpad ribbon: Hi. Just had a Windows 10 update which has resurrected WordPad as a cheap & cheerful 'simple' text editor. I quite used to enjoy using earlier version, mainly for its simplicity of use. This latest incarnation Win 10 v1909, however, doesn't let me access the 'HOME' tab on...
  8. Printer icon greyed out on the Share tab on the ribbon of the explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer icon greyed out on the Share tab on the ribbon of the explorer: Hi I have a user who uses the Printer icon to print files straight from the Documents file explorer window (Windows 10). However it seems the Printer icon is greyed out when trying to print certain files. In this case the user cannot print a .txt file or a PDF. Office files...
  9. File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing: Hi all, A Client of mine had a strange occurrence in Windows 10 Enterprise x64. their file explorer, once maximized looses its tabs, ribbon and title bar. Has anyone come across this issue? Restarting explorer.exe did not fix the issue. I had the client reboot and it was...
  10. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer ribbon greyed out

2. ribbon in file explorer is grayed out

3. windows 10 file explorer ribon bar is greyed out

4. problems with file explorer greyedout home tab files only view,
  5. explorer maximized greyed out,
  6. greyed out in Home Tabs under File Explorer