Windows 10: File explorer search history is not clearing

Discus and support File explorer search history is not clearing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have gone through all the steps in the following thread, but my file search history is not clearing or updating. Search terms clear, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by acomic, May 3, 2016.

1. acomic Win User

File explorer search history is not clearing

acomic, May 3, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how do i clear the search history on this computer

Hi DMII, that depends on the exact search history you want to clear . . .

If you mean search History in File Explorer or on your Task bar:

Open File Explorer.

Click inside the search box to have the Search tab show

In the Search tab, click on Recent searches, and click on Clear search history in the drop down menu

If you mean your web search history, each browser is different - which browser are you using?

DaveM121, May 3, 2016
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Clearing history on my search page

Hello,

Do you want to clear the search history in File Explorer or Microsoft Edge? If you want to clear the search history in File Explorer, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer, click on the View tab, and click on
      Options in the ribbon.
    • Select Change folder and search options.
    • In the General tab, under Privacy, click on the
      Clear button for Clear File Explorer history.

If you want to delete the search history in Edge, you may refer to the following link: View and delete browser history in
    Microsoft Edge

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, May 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 3, 2016
  5. acomic Win User
    acomic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer search history is not clearing - Similar Threads - File explorer search

2. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  3. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  4. file explorer search history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer search history: Since the last cumulative update I think both Win11 computers I have no longer have the search history popping up in the search boxes for any file explorer window. every time I'm moving from folder to folder to look for something I have to retype the search term and it's a...
  5. file explorer search history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer search history: Since the last cumulative update I think both Win11 computers I have no longer have the search history popping up in the search boxes for any file explorer window. every time I'm moving from folder to folder to look for something I have to retype the search term and it's a...
  6. File Explorer search history

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer search history: In any Windows 10 File Explorer window, a search bar can be found under the ribbon to the right side. When placing the cursor in this field, a drop down list appears of all previous searches. It can become quite long over time. I've been unable to find how that archived...
  7. Clear Search History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clear Search History: I don't mean Bing or Google. I refer to the word search from within File History. In the upper right corner. As I remember, I used to be able to hover over an item in the drop down list and hit the Delete key....
  8. How do I clear the Search History in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I clear the Search History in File Explorer?: How do I clear the Search "history" in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-the-search-history-in-file-explorer/b4ff9c91-f943-4683-b936-df61dab5ecb4"
  9. clearing search history not clearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  10. Clear Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Clear Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Clear File Explorer Search History in Windows 10 The search box in File Explorer will show a list of suggestions as you type in the search box. These suggestions are the history of your past typed searches...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer search not clearing