Windows 10: File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE

Discus and support File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there Anybody else get the problem of external USB volumes appearing TWICE in the file explorer list (Build 9860). [img] Not a show stopper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Nov 6, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE

Hi there

Anybody else get the problem of external USB volumes appearing TWICE in the file explorer list (Build 9860).

File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE [​IMG]

Not a show stopper but annoying.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 6, 2014

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Nov 6, 2014
  3. Can't assign volume names in File Explorer

Mr. Kumar,

Please note that I am referring only to Windows 10 Professional (32 bit), not the Windows 8 to which you refer.

I did the SFC scan. It found some corrupt files and repaired them. However, File Explorer still refuses to list the assigned volume names of external USB hard drives or flash drives.

Am I the only one with this problem, or do other users of Windows 10 have the same results? When you plug in an external USB hard drive, does Windows 10 File Explorer show its assigned volume label or simply the generic "Local Drive"? How about USB flash
    drives? Do they show up in File Explorer with their assigned volume labels or just with the generic "Removable Drive"?

Please try this on other Windows 10 systems and report the results here.

prestonpdx, Nov 6, 2014
  4. topgundcp Win User

This has been posted multiple times and not only the external but the internal with more than one partitions on the disk.

topgundcp, Nov 6, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Must have missed it -- anyway it's still an issue with build 9860. However the Multiple partition on INTERNAL Disks seems to have been fixed -- I have C and D as two partitions on an internal SSD (and there's the hidden system one as well).

Volume D only shows up once.

However on EXTERNAL HDD's the multiple partitions problem is also still there. I can see TWO duplicate volumes when I connect a USB with TWO partitions.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 6, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    If you click on a drive and look at the address bar it will say DriveX/This PC,
    if you click on the mirror drive it will only say DriveX.
    I'm guessing it may something to do with syncing devices, or how libraries gather content, or maybe something different.
    It's a mystery.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE - Similar Threads - File explorer shows

2. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  3. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  4. USB Sound Extenal Sound Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Sound Extenal Sound Card: Haii was trying to connect V8 sound card in my laptop Acer Nitor 5, but it is not detecting in the input device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-sound-extenal-sound-card/82c5184a-5ef9-48f0-901d-07cc1cf39794
  5. External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...: External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? According to support this isn't a flaw. I consider it to be a design flaw. The second appearance of...
  6. External drives show twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    External drives show twice in file explorer: In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-show-twice-in-file-explorer/252c30a0-b538-4b32-b172-cad98e68cee4
  7. Explorer showing removable drives twice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Explorer showing removable drives twice: Hi guys, This is another minor annoyance. When I insert any removable drive (USB, SD cards, etc) the device shows up twice in Explorer. Once under "This PC" tree and the other as a device. See attached pic (USB Drive H): I remember hearing about this being the way it's...
  8. External HDD showing twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD showing twice in file explorer: My external drive(Samsung) connected via usb3 has started showing twice in file explorer. Opening either shows exactly the same files inside. Screen shot below, I've never tried this so I hope I've done it OK Any help with removing the "imposter" would be appreciated....
  9. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514
  10. File Explorer opens twice

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens twice: for the last few days, the explorer closes and reopen itself immediately. this happens both on my Home PC and Work PC. anybody experiencing this too? see screenshot: Explorer opening twice (when locating a file) (from reddit) 25002