Windows 10: File Explorer somehow changed to all hyperlinks

Discus and support File Explorer somehow changed to all hyperlinks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have no idea how it changed, but I want it back to normal where I have to double click to open a file. Everything is now a hyperlink and I use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldrock, Mar 7, 2016.

1. oldrock Win User

File Explorer somehow changed to all hyperlinks

I have no idea how it changed, but I want it back to normal where I have to double click to open a file. Everything is now a hyperlink and I use a wireless keyboard with a touchpad rather than a separate mouse and I am constantly opening files by mistake. Even files I place on the desktop are all hyperlinks. It is maddening...

:)

oldrock, Mar 7, 2016

2. Hyperlinks not working outlook 2007 with windows 10

Upgraded to Win 10 - all appeared fine. Running Outlook 2007. Hyperlinks opened using (default? Edge). Changed Default Browser from Edge to Explorer 11. Hyperlinks no longer operable in Outlook. Changed back to Edge, hyperlinks opened. Changed Def Browser
    to Chrome - hyperlinks opened correctly with Chrome. Changed Def Browser back to Exp 11 - App not found. Changed Def Browser to Edge - hyperlinks open with Edge. Appears you may have issues registering Explorer 11?????

Hope this helps with any analysis - I can reproduce at will. Just don't want Edge as Def Browser...

Thanks, H.

HowardFarthing, Mar 7, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 7, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Mar 7, 2016
  5. oldrock Win User
    Thank you very much, that fixed it. I wasn't looking in the right place to find the options.

oldrock, Mar 7, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Good, glad that helped.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer somehow changed to all hyperlinks - Similar Threads - File Explorer somehow

2. Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file: I though it´s perfectly OK to move .odt files WITH RELATIVE HYPERLINKS refering to other .odt files to another folder within OneDrive or within my USB Drive not across OneDrive + USB Drive without breaking the hyperlinks. It´s apparently no the case. I am not about moving...
  3. Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file: I though it´s perfectly OK to move .odt files WITH RELATIVE HYPERLINKS refering to other .odt files to another folder within OneDrive or within my USB Drive not across OneDrive + USB Drive without breaking the hyperlinks. It´s apparently no the case. I am not about moving...
  4. Hyperlinks not working after removing the files with hyperlinks NOT refered file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File explorer changed

File explorer changed: All of a sudden there is a lot more stuff at top of the window in file explorer maybe called the ribbon?. Is there a way to get this back to how it used to be, without all this extra **** taking up room? Thanks for any help....
  6. File explorer change

File explorer change: In Win 10, if I am viewing a folder in file explorer, and I open control panel or insert a flash drive, the folder I am viewing is displaced rather than a new folder window opening....
  7. excel hyperlinks changed?

excel hyperlinks changed?: I don't know if it's a result of Microsoft Office 365 update, but all the hyperlinks in my spreadsheets have changed from C:\Users\myname\Documents\Invoice\filename to C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\filename As a result, none of the hyperlinks work. I have...
  8. Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the...: Problem 1: So, in the latest windows 10 update, which took 30 minutes to install and didn't help me at all, some things were changed. First off, I now have blue arrows on my icons. I had them before, but I used a program to delete them. Oh, and don't tell me to change...
  9. Hyperlinks to Computer Files

Hyperlinks to Computer Files: I am trying to convert an emailed hyperlink(vimeo) to a computer file to upload to iTunes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlinks-to-computer-files/3ec67bd4-c56c-458b-a621-46d56c826022"
  10. All files grouped under 'Desktop' in 'File Explorer'. How to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    All files grouped under 'Desktop' in 'File Explorer'. How to change?: Hello kind strangers on the web! I have made an account specifically for this problem that I am having, and as this is my first time posting here I hope I'm doing this right! I have recently upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and whilst using Windows 7, I was used to...