Windows 10: File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

Discus and support File explorer sort reverts to "date modified" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every disk and/ or folder when I tick sort by name-ascending the damn thing reverts to date modified-descending if I leave said disk or folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricequeen4u, Jan 26, 2016.

1. File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

Every disk and/ or folder when I tick sort by name-ascending the damn thing reverts to date modified-descending if I leave said disk or folder and return. I tried "Enable_Auto_Arrange_in_File_Explorer.bat" and "Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default.bat" courtesy of Brink to no avail.

Is there a way to get file explorer back to default sort (by name-ascending) for all disks, folders and sub-folders at once?

It was all fine last week and I've no recollection of playing with any settings. Very frustrating. *cry
    Thank You.

:)

ricequeen4u, Jan 26, 2016

2. Sorting folders and files in file explorer Windows 10

How can I sort files in the "directory" so that folders are listed alphabetically and below the files are in descending date order. "date modified. The fix for Windows 7 is not working for me. It can sort by descending date modified which puts the folders
    at the bottom of the list or by name which puts folders at top and files below all alphabetically.

Patricia_382, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Windows Explorer dates

When I "save as" and move emails or document to storage in File Explorer the date shown in File Explorer seems to always be the date I moved it to storage. I can see how to change the column name from "date modified" to "date created", but the actual date
    doesn't change. If I am late moving emails from Outlook to storage in File Explorer, the current date has no real value, especially if there is a series of emails/documents and replies. They all end up with the same after-the-fact date. How do I get it to
    show "date created"?

FrankSilkwood, Jan 26, 2016
  4. File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

Solved by reinstalling. Pity but also got rid of a lot of rubbish.

ricequeen4u, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

1. File explorer sort reverts to "date modified" - Similar Threads - File explorer sort

2. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  3. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  4. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [WIN 11] File Explorer "Sort by Date Modified" Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WIN 11] File Explorer "Sort by Date Modified" Error: It doesn't happen for every folder, just certain ones, but I've noticed that File Explorer's sort-by-date-modified is working incorrectly, or there's a hidden sorting that also sorts the files by type as well, even though I don't have it chosen. I have 4 screenshots of...
  6. [WIN 11] File Explorer "Sort by Date Modified" Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [WIN 11] File Explorer "Sort by Date Modified" Error: It doesn't happen for every folder, just certain ones, but I've noticed that File Explorer's sort-by-date-modified is working incorrectly, or there's a hidden sorting that also sorts the files by type as well, even though I don't have it chosen. I have 4 screenshots of...
  7. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  8. Sorting Files by "Date" or "Date Modified" in Windows 10 Explorer Not Working Properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting Files by "Date" or "Date Modified" in Windows 10 Explorer Not Working Properly.: The sorting method is set to 'Date' under the 'Sort By' Option. I have tried different options such as sorting by "Date created", 'Date Modified', 'Date Received', etc. I want the latest file to show up at the top. submitted by /u/SnooLobsters7431 [link] [comments]...
  9. Date Modified in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  10. folder sorting by date modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder sorting by date modified: might seem stupid but i just got a new laptop and ran into this problem when trying to set up. one of the things i need is to sort files in the 'downloads' folder by date modified, so i can find the ones most recently downloaded at the top. However, i found this was not the...