Windows 10: File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

Discus and support File explorer sort reverts to "date modified" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every disk and/ or folder when I tick sort by name-ascending the damn thing reverts to date modified-descending if I leave said disk or folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricequeen4u, Jan 26, 2016.

1. File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

Every disk and/ or folder when I tick sort by name-ascending the damn thing reverts to date modified-descending if I leave said disk or folder and return. I tried "Enable_Auto_Arrange_in_File_Explorer.bat" and "Reset_Folder_View_Settings_of_All_Folders_to_Default.bat" courtesy of Brink to no avail.

Is there a way to get file explorer back to default sort (by name-ascending) for all disks, folders and sub-folders at once?

It was all fine last week and I've no recollection of playing with any settings. Very frustrating. *cry
    Thank You.

:)

ricequeen4u, Jan 26, 2016

2. Sorting folders and files in file explorer Windows 10

How can I sort files in the "directory" so that folders are listed alphabetically and below the files are in descending date order. "date modified. The fix for Windows 7 is not working for me. It can sort by descending date modified which puts the folders
    at the bottom of the list or by name which puts folders at top and files below all alphabetically.

Patricia_382, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Windows Explorer dates

When I "save as" and move emails or document to storage in File Explorer the date shown in File Explorer seems to always be the date I moved it to storage. I can see how to change the column name from "date modified" to "date created", but the actual date
    doesn't change. If I am late moving emails from Outlook to storage in File Explorer, the current date has no real value, especially if there is a series of emails/documents and replies. They all end up with the same after-the-fact date. How do I get it to
    show "date created"?

FrankSilkwood, Jan 26, 2016
  4. File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

Solved by reinstalling. Pity but also got rid of a lot of rubbish.

ricequeen4u, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

File explorer sort reverts to "date modified"

1. File explorer sort reverts to "date modified" - Similar Threads - File explorer sort

2. File Explorer Sorting Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sorting Issue: Up until recently, I had a folder which contained Folders and Files (all pictures) that were sorted by "Date-Ascending". Recently, a select number of these folders are reverting back to sorted by "Name", then it appears to do a index/refresh and then it corrects itself to...
  3. Sorting with File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting with File Explorer.: Just been doing a job for a client and got frustrated. Been downloading many files and folders and wanted to sort by date order. FE sorts files by date and folders by date but sorts them separately so I had to keep scrolling up and down. I want it like below:- Name Date...
  4. Sorting photos by date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorting photos by date: I'm scanning and adding many old photos. The Photo app sees the Date Created as the date I scanned the photos. I thought if I filed them by date in My Pictures, they would appear by that date in Photos. Do I really have to go back to each photo and change the date created?...
  5. is there a way to default file explore to sorting by date

is there a way to default file explore to sorting by date: When I download a file and go to email I would like the files to be organized by date (todays date) is that possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-default-file-explore-to-sorting/10b9d017-9323-44df-8fcb-6d5d1e49da16"
  6. File Explorer Date Sort Issue

File Explorer Date Sort Issue: Hi - I am having a File Explorer sorting issue with picture files. I click on the Created column heading to sort by Date, and it is not sorting by newest to oldest, or oldest to newest. Am I doing something wrong? When sorting by newest date, November 2018 files are shown...
  7. Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly

Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit about a week ago and noticed an issue where if I'm sorting a folder (specifically my Download folder) to have the most recent files at the top, new downloaded files will sometimes be put at the bottom. If I click the Date Modified...
  8. File Explorer sort by date not accurate

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sort by date not accurate: To my knowledge the SORT BY DATE order goes off the last Saved Date not the Created Date but for the life of me I've been getting things showing up in the wrong order occasionally and it's started effecting a syncing program that I use. My clock is set correctly and when I go...
  9. Replace 'Date' with 'Date Modified'

in Windows 10 Support
    Replace 'Date' with 'Date Modified': I've been reasonably successful in replacing the default Date column with Date Modified in folders. But how do I do the same for Open, and 'Save as' browse dialogs please? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 106823
  10. File Explorer - Folder w/1,300+ files takes >2 minutes to sort by date

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Folder w/1,300+ files takes >2 minutes to sort by date: When I open file explorer and select certain folders, it opens in the alpha sort. When I go to sort on dates, it takes forever in Windows 10, and has pretty much since launch. Don't remember this on Win7. Are there any switches I could throw, or other config changes I can...