Windows 10: File explorer take long to load. How do I fix this problem?

Discus and support File explorer take long to load. How do I fix this problem? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I just upgraded to windows 10 and one of the things that bugs me is the file explorer on task bar load very slow. It takes around 1 seconds to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by snow2462, Sep 7, 2015.

1. snow2462 Win User

File explorer take long to load. How do I fix this problem?

Hello, I just upgraded to windows 10 and one of the things that bugs me is the file explorer on task bar load very slow. It takes around 1 seconds to load if I click on the explorer on task bar. However, if I use the win+E button the explorer open instantly.
    I tried to create shortcut from the file explorer exe in windows folder and the time it take to load is about the same with loading on task bar.
    I have been searching on google for one week and I could not find anything. Any help is highly appreciated.*Smile

:)

snow2462, Sep 7, 2015
  2. CFB10 Win User

Windows 10 File explorer take long to load but [Windows] + [E] keys loads instantly

It takes about 10 seconds to load Windows Explorer when clicking the folder icon in the Toolbar. Once loaded, browsing works fine. Right clicking to load another instance does the same thing.

However, [Windows] + [E] loads instantly every time!

System file check (SFC) Scan finds no errors.

Anyone, anyone... Bueller, Bueller...

CFB10, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 File explorer take long to load but [Windows] + [E] keys loads instantly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and its nothing much to worry about. Probably, you can run the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the system is lagging too much.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select System Maintenance.

• Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Sep 7, 2015
  4. cfberman Win User

My click on the File Explorer icon in Windows 10 takes 10 seconds! However, great advice to use the Windows + E instead - it loads instantly! I'm hoping someone finds a solution, soon.

cfberman, Feb 11, 2016
Thema:

1. File explorer take long to load. How do I fix this problem? - Similar Threads - File explorer long

2. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  3. How long does it take Microsoft to fix a problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does it take Microsoft to fix a problem??: I have an OEM windows 11 liscence, and I updated my BIOS, so my windows detected a new hardware change although i didnt even change a cable, and it wont let me activate my windows again, i had a chat with a respectable customer support, They said that its a know issue and...
  4. How long does it take Microsoft to fix a problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does it take Microsoft to fix a problem??: I have an OEM windows 11 liscence, and I updated my BIOS, so my windows detected a new hardware change although i didnt even change a cable, and it wont let me activate my windows again, i had a chat with a respectable customer support, They said that its a know issue and...
  5. File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC: recently i bought a new pc for college and gaming Lenovo Legion T5 with decent specs, but out of nowhere whenever i wanna open the File Explorer it takes about 5 minutes to load, which is arguably a long time considering my 5 year old laptop loads it almost instantly. My C...
  6. File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC

File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC: recently i bought a new pc for college and gaming Lenovo Legion T5 with decent specs, but out of nowhere whenever i wanna open the File Explorer it takes about 5 minutes to load, which is arguably a long time considering my 5 year old laptop loads it almost instantly. My C...
  7. Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load: Soon after receiving the update to add tabs to the file explorer, the sidebar takes quite a while to load. Often it will take up to around 10 seconds to load the sidebar with all my pinned locations.I notice this issue whenever I open the file explorer, open a new tab in file...
  8. Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load

Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load: Soon after receiving the update to add tabs to the file explorer, the sidebar takes quite a while to load. Often it will take up to around 10 seconds to load the sidebar with all my pinned locations.I notice this issue whenever I open the file explorer, open a new tab in file...
  9. File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load: I'm running Windows 10 OS Build 190441.867 which is the latest update. In the past 24 hours I've had to restart my PC twice because when File Explorer started up it would just show a progress bar at the top and no files. This went on for several minutes as though it was...
  10. File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer takes long time to load contents!: Why File Explorer sometimes takes ridiculously long time to load contents? I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803 Build 17134.228 on HP Envy 13 Intel Core i7 6500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. Please fix it Microsoft, it's very annoying! [ATTACH]...