Windows 10: File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar

Discus and support File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Problem is in the title. File explorer takes 4-5 seconds to open from the taskbar, but opens in about 1 second when I search it in Windows Search.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ConceptEight, Apr 24, 2018.

1. File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar

Problem is in the title. File explorer takes 4-5 seconds to open from the taskbar, but opens in about 1 second when I search it in Windows Search. Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 720s 15". All other processes work correctly. Any ideas on this?

:)

ConceptEight, Apr 24, 2018

2. can not copy pictures from memory card to my pictures in windows 10

Hi Greg,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

You can open any number of file explorers at a time. To open the second File Explorer , you can right click on the file explorer on the taskbar, do a left click on the taskbar again to open the taskbar again.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 24, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    how to use a USB Flash Drive to transfer photos and music having a wtf moment

Sorry, can't help you with photos and music that are having a "wtf moment" - whatever that means - but here's how to transfer to or from a USB flash drive:

1- Insert the USB flash drive to a USB port on the computer. USB 2 port or USB 3 port - doesn't matter.

2- Click on the File Explorer icon on your Taskbar.

3- Double-click on the drive letter for your flash drive.

4- Right-click on the File Explorer icon on your Taskbar and click on File Explorer. This opens a
    second copy of File Explorer.

5- In the second copy of File Explorer, open the folder that you want to transfer from or transfer to.

6- Select the files and folders you want to transfer.

7- Drag them to the new location.

8- Close both copies of File Explorer.

9- Remove the USB flash drive from the USB port.

BulldogXX, Apr 24, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar

Callender, Apr 25, 2018
Thema:

File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar

1. File explorer takes ~5 seconds to open from taskbar - Similar Threads - File explorer takes

2. Windows 10 file explorer will not open from taskbar icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 file explorer will not open from taskbar icon.: File explorer will not open from the icon on the taskbar. Gives error messageit will not open with windows + E. gives error messageIt opens from desktop icon and from the start menu....
  3. Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open: I'm tired of this now. I've tried dozens of "solutions" but the problem still persists. About every other time I click the Start menu button, the menu takes 5 seconds before it appears, every other time it's instant, like it should be. During those seconds I can't do anything...
  4. Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open: I'm tired of this now. I've tried dozens of "solutions" but the problem still persists. About every other time I click the Start menu button, the menu takes 5 seconds before it appears, every other time it's instant, like it should be. During those seconds I can't do anything...
  5. File Explorer takes a while to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer takes a while to open: In the past few days I have noticed an odd behavour of File Explorer. If I try to open it from shortcut, Windows start menue or cmd it won't open. Also if i click on the windows start menue logo it won't open it opens only if I pres dedicated key on keyboard. After about 5...
  6. Taskbar takes 5 minutres to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar takes 5 minutres to load: Hi when i start up my pc and enter the password it takes 5 mins for the taskbar to load i can acces apps but it would say i have no internet connection till the task bar loads the task bar would load if i press enter rapidly i wanted to know if to do a fresh install of...
  7. File Explorer takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer takes forever to open: Idk if it's something I've done, but right after updating Windows today the File Explorer takes 20-30s to open when I click it on the taskbar. However if I click a folder on the Desktop it opens immediately. Anyone else having the same problem or knows how to solve it?...
  8. File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open after 1903 update: 1903 Update, Now File Explorer takes 30-60 seconds to open. Once opened, right-clicking files takes 30-60 seconds to respond with the appropriate pop-up. Selecting properties on the ribbon bar takes 30-60 seconds. Other file operations using the ribbon buttons and navigating...
  9. File Explorer - takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - takes forever to open: File Explorer has always opened immediately (for 20 odd years). Suddenly it (Quick Access) takes so long that it's just not worth trying to use it (but of course one must). Anyone have any ideas about how Explorer could be affected by a recent update or other event? Or...
  10. File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu.: File Explorer won't open from Taskbar or Start menu and right click on files and folders (In file explorer and on desktop) is not working and causes explorer.exe to freeze. File explorer does open from desktop folder and shortcuts as well as "open file location" in task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer takes 5 seconds to open

2. windows explorer takes 5 seconds nvme