Windows 10: File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

Discus and support File Explorer takes long time to load contents! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why File Explorer sometimes takes ridiculously long time to load contents? I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803 Build 17134.228 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yoppy Dwinanto Putro, Aug 19, 2018.

1. File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

Why File Explorer sometimes takes ridiculously long time to load contents?

I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803 Build 17134.228 on HP Envy 13 Intel Core i7 6500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD.

Please fix it Microsoft, it's very annoying!

File Explorer takes long time to load contents! bfae238f-0a87-4bb6-a62d-0a2e899b4593?upload=true.png

:)

Yoppy Dwinanto Putro, Aug 19, 2018
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Aug 19, 2018
  3. razghost Win User
    File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

Load Page take long time

Hi Peter,

It is possible that your Internet Explorer takes too long to load a page due to corruptions or you may just need to reset the application. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies?
    • Have you tried resetting your Internet Explorer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to reset your Internet explorer settings. You can also refer to this

link
    on how to change/reset your Internet Explorer settings.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings.
    We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

1. File Explorer takes long time to load contents! - Similar Threads - File Explorer takes

2. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  3. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  4. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC: recently i bought a new pc for college and gaming Lenovo Legion T5 with decent specs, but out of nowhere whenever i wanna open the File Explorer it takes about 5 minutes to load, which is arguably a long time considering my 5 year old laptop loads it almost instantly. My C...
  6. File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC

File Explorer taking long time to load on new PC: recently i bought a new pc for college and gaming Lenovo Legion T5 with decent specs, but out of nowhere whenever i wanna open the File Explorer it takes about 5 minutes to load, which is arguably a long time considering my 5 year old laptop loads it almost instantly. My C...
  7. Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load: Soon after receiving the update to add tabs to the file explorer, the sidebar takes quite a while to load. Often it will take up to around 10 seconds to load the sidebar with all my pinned locations.I notice this issue whenever I open the file explorer, open a new tab in file...
  8. Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load

Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load: Soon after receiving the update to add tabs to the file explorer, the sidebar takes quite a while to load. Often it will take up to around 10 seconds to load the sidebar with all my pinned locations.I notice this issue whenever I open the file explorer, open a new tab in file...
  9. Files in Explorer taking a long time to display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Explorer taking a long time to display: Similar to a question only asked very recently, my case might be the same. The problem is Explorer not displaying files for some time after selecting a folder and this seems to have happened following my recent update to Win10 21H1 although I cannot be certain. This problem...
  10. File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load: I'm running Windows 10 OS Build 190441.867 which is the latest update. In the past 24 hours I've had to restart my PC twice because when File Explorer started up it would just show a progress bar at the top and no files. This went on for several minutes as though it was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer takes long to load

2. file explorer taking a long time to load

3. file explorer takes long time to load

4. file explorer takes a long time to load,
  5. windows explorer takes long time to load,
  6. file explorer takes time to load,
  7. windows explorer takes a long time to load,
  8. windows 10 file explorer takes long to load,
  9. windows explorer takes long to load,
  10. file explorer search takes long,
  11. windows explorer taking time to load,