Windows 10: FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.

Discus and support FIle Explorer - Very weird problem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 x64 Pro RTM will all updates. In a nutshell everytime I bring up File Explorer in normal mode it appears in a new position. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by streetwolf, Sep 20, 2015.

1. FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.

Running Windows 10 x64 Pro RTM will all updates.

In a nutshell everytime I bring up File Explorer in normal mode it appears in a new position. It is always a little lower down and a little to the right. I have a dual monitor setup even though I doubt this is the problem. FE will get to a point where it extends to my second monitor twice before the next execution of FE will bring it back to the top and left of my left monitor. Then the pattern starts all over again. The offsets of the window are always the same. FE is the only program that does this as far as I've seen.

Anyone else seeing this? While not an earth shattering problem, I would like to fix it. Come on all you Gurus get your thinking caps on. FIle Explorer - Very weird problem. :)

:)

streetwolf, Sep 20, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Invisible Edge Icons on Windows 10 Taskbar

I did this, but it didn't help. I also cleared the thumnail cache., because a more annoying problem hapens all the time: explorer doesn't show thumnails any more. Well, it does for half a second or so and then it gets overruled by the icon. Very weird AND
    very annoying!

Cecile Sarlet home office, Sep 20, 2015
  4. FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.

The only thing I can think of is your window position/size cache needs to be reset. Try this:

Open file explorer
    Click File
    Click change folder and search options
    Click the View tab
    Click reset folders.

As I understand it this will reset your folder view and window positioning on your screen.

ArazelEternal, Sep 20, 2015
  5. DoItJust Win User
  6. streetwolf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.

1. FIle Explorer - Very weird problem. - Similar Threads - FIle Explorer Very

2. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  3. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue: Since today i have an issue with the file explorer.Whenever i click something be it folder or any files its even worse with folder and even happens on empty folders for 2-3 seconds theres a constant swapping of loading circle to my mouse cursor until the file is officially...
  4. Windows File Explorer very sluggish and weird issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very very weird problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very very weird problem with my mouse: Some days ago I plugged the main m.2SSD of a friend in my pc forgetting to remove my main sata ssd from the mobo, I got some problems and had to remove the m.2 and restart the bios, once i got back on windows I saw that I could open the apps on the task bar double clicking...
  6. Very very weird problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very weird problem with my mouse: Some days ago I plugged the main m.2SSD of a friend in my pc forgetting to remove my main sata ssd from the mobo, I got some problems and had to remove the m.2 and restart the bios, once i got back on windows I saw that I could open the apps on the task bar double clicking...
  7. Weird problem on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird problem on windows file explorer: Hi, I am facing an weird issue that really don't know if anyone had face before.When I connect my laptop via cable, windows file explorer will hang.However if I switch my laptop to wifi, windows file explorer will work fine.The only problem is my wifi isn't quite stable,...
  8. Weird problem on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem on windows file explorer: Hi, I am facing an weird issue that really don't know if anyone had face before.When I connect my laptop via cable, windows file explorer will hang.However if I switch my laptop to wifi, windows file explorer will work fine.The only problem is my wifi isn't quite stable,...
  9. Weird problem on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Very weird but serious problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very weird but serious problem: My gaming computer is a year old and now its slow and deleting files.Files that I created are deleted, the files that I deleted came back...I created two bait text files to see if it would do the same and it did. Text files were gone. I also deleted two pictures to see if...